More racism by the BBC...

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2007, 01:37 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry More racism by the BBC...

Here: BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Row erupts over golly exhibition

What a load of b*llocks, despite saying a row had broken out over the exhibition - by their own admission they don't actually seem to be able to find anyone who has complained.

So basically it's just some outraged journo trying to make a story out of nothing, and trying to illustrate just how horrible white people are.

Last edited by Iwan; 13 January 2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 13 January 2007, 01:42 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I think its a disgrace!! I think all golly wogs should be destroyed and all mention of them erased from history!

These are clearly offensive to negros.. erm sorry.. I mean blacks.. no erm.. coloured?.. sorry I mean "skin-tonelly challenged people" so I think we should be offering compensation to each and every one of them
Old 13 January 2007, 01:43 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F**king PC attitude
Old 13 January 2007, 01:48 PM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

One word pathetic.

Totally sick of this pc attitude in this county, as are most normal people.
Old 13 January 2007, 02:49 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Golly Wog! Golly Wog! Golly Wog! Golly Wog!

I remember these as a kid, we were not a well off familly when I grew up in Manchester in the 70's, we used to make do with cheap jam and marmalade, so getting Robinsons with a GOLLY WOG was a real treat, and that is all it was to me and probably loads of kids in the early 70's! I had never even heard of racism, to me it was the logo of Robinsons marmalade.
Old 13 January 2007, 03:46 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Petem95
I think its a disgrace!! I think all golly wogs should be destroyed and all mention of them erased from history!

These are clearly offensive to negros.. erm sorry.. I mean blacks.. no erm.. coloured?.. sorry I mean "skin-tonelly challenged people" so I think we should be offering compensation to each and every one of them
I think the word you're looking for is *******.
Old 13 January 2007, 04:14 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Golly Wog! Golly Wog! Golly Wog! Golly Wog!

I remember these as a kid, we were not a well off familly when I grew up in Manchester in the 70's, we used to make do with cheap jam and marmalade, so getting Robinsons with a GOLLY WOG was a real treat, and that is all it was to me and probably loads of kids in the early 70's! I had never even heard of racism, to me it was the logo of Robinsons marmalade.
Agreed!!

i had a golly as a toy, i never saw it other than that....

its only when people decide to use it for gain in other areas, that it becomes controversial....
Mart

Trending Topics

Old 13 January 2007, 04:43 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

No word is offensive in itself, only when it used against someone to cause offence or dissempower them. If this word causes offence to a coloured person [yes it is that easy to say] then a decent person would respect that and avoid its usage.

I hate false PC as much as anyone, but dig a little deeper sometimes, and put yourself in others' shoes.

Ohh and using the N word here is REALLY clever and really gives creedence to the 'pc gone mad' attitude shown...

D

PS I dont actually think there is anything wrong with having these on display - it reminds of a more racist past.
Old 13 January 2007, 04:55 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Diesel
No word is offensive in itself, only when it used against someone to cause offence or dissempower them. If this word causes offence to a coloured person [yes it is that easy to say] then a decent person would respect that and avoid its usage.

I hate false PC as much as anyone, but dig a little deeper sometimes, and put yourself in others' shoes.

Ohh and using the N word here is REALLY clever and really gives creedence to the 'pc gone mad' attitude shown...

D

PS I dont actually think there is anything wrong with having these on display - it reminds of a more racist past.

To be fair my post was tongue in cheek. The arguement here is not about racism but self appointed PC guardians who deem certain things to be offensive. However this stipulation is made without consultation or research with ANYONE and actually inflames the situation. This is what annoys EVERYONE.
Old 13 January 2007, 05:02 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Yep. The use of the banner headline:

Row 'erupts' over golly exhibition

is clearly untrue and written by some sad PC BBC hack with an agenda. Then this statement:

The museum said it would continue to show the collection, but reconsider the decision if it received complaints.

is obviously an invitation to every PC loony lesbo out there to start complaining and get the exibition shut down. What the museum should have said was they would continue show the collection - full stop. (which was probably what they did say)