Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

GPL: Anyone playing it?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2001, 02:15 PM
Timpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Is anyone playing gpl at VROC? I thought I saw some topics long time ago on the old forum about it. I was thinking it would be fun to race some scoobynutters in a friendly competition or so.
I'm not in a leaugue but I'm a bit tired of getting crashed out at turn one of the regular pickup races. Maybe we can host some password races now and then.
Old 28 November 2001, 02:29 PM
Chris J
Scooby Regular

sounds like fun. Does it work over a normal phone line, or do you need something a bit more fancy?

Are you any good? I go through moments thinking 'hey I'm not doing too bad' and then BANG, oops.

Chris
Old 28 November 2001, 04:46 PM
Timpreza
Scooby Regular

I've got a GPLRank handicap of 1,89 at the moment, so guess that's rather good. (Still very far of the real fast guys, mind you)
I want to get more constant because when I'm fighting for position I'm getting too nervous and I mostly I mess up.

It doesn't matter how fast you are, as long as you're not taking it too serious. It's just for fun.

I'm regularly racing 2 friends. One has a +50 handicap and the other only knows 2 or 3 tracks! But that doesn't matter, it's great fun, but the more people the better!

Do you have a handicap? That's a good way to get better and to know how fast you really are. get one here by submitting your laptimes to http://newgplrank.schuerkamp.de/

I don't know about a normal phone line. You should test it on my server (T.Vanhee). I'm on cable as are my friends and it's running great. It might be possible that the car is shaking around too much with a normal phone line.

If you wanna know when we're racing (or anything else) you may always contact my at icq# 77273589 (When I'm in DND mode, check VROC, I might be running the server)

Mail me for the password
Old 28 November 2001, 04:48 PM
kernel
Scooby Regular

Cool

A few months ago, a few of us had a time trial running, you had to save a replay of your best lap to show you had done it, keep at least 2 wheels on track at all times, blah blah.

Our great leader De'Banke even took part and he drives a GPL car the same way as his Scoob sideways

I'm off to the States on Friday but after I get back I'm up for it. Every now and then I do run a server, keep an eye out for kernel in the server name.

Cheers kernel