T-MOBILE TAKE THE P*SS

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2006, 10:28 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down T-MOBILE TAKE THE P*SS

Over 1 year ago i payed £190 cash for a W800i brand new from a dealer at hes house. Yesterday i had 2 go hospital with my family & came out to call for a taxi but the phone was not allowing me to connect at all !! Kept on trying & trying but gave me a deadline evertime i tryed. Came phone got onto the phone with T-mobile AKA TIME WASTING MOTHER FU*KERS !

I was on the phone with them for over 1 hour for them to sort my phone out & what the hell was going on with my phone !!!

After 1 hour & 12mins they cut me off by this time ive hit the roof !!!

After it was past 10 o'clock they was closed, This morning i call up to ask about my phone after another 20mins of waiting i get told that my phone is been blocked !!!! & now they cant help me, i need to find the person who sold it to me who lives over 145miles away from my house & to get paper work to prove this is my phone !

I tryed telling them this phone is mine & to check all tex messages & numbers that ive called in the past year to prove this is my phone but no luck !

They could allow it & unblock it for me if they wanted to but dont want to so now im even more worked up. I have to find the person who sold me this phone & get some proper answer's from him about this situation

Any advice on what action's i should take ???
Old 07 December 2006, 10:34 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

If you had brought the phone direct from a T-mobile shop this wouldn't have happened. Personally i'm glad they have this kind of security. It stops stolen phones from being easy to use and un-lock.

I have been with T-Mobile for years, I have had a couple of issues with phone which they have resolved pretty quickly. They have also given me good free upgrades every 11 months.

Gary
Old 07 December 2006, 10:34 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

So you bought this phone off someone else (as in acquaintance/friend), not T-Mobile direct?

They have no contract with you (unless it's a pay as you go) so don't have to honour any service provisions, you may find out that the phone is actually stolen and that is why it's been barred.

It all sounds a bit fishy IMO and probably why T-Mobile have done what they have!
Old 07 December 2006, 10:44 AM
speed demoness
Scooby Regular

do you have the original box that the phone came in?
if you do..there should be an IMEI number on the box.... or there is also a way of pulling up the serial number to the phone by pressing certain keys.

failing that, could you not just buy a new sim card?
I have a contract with T mobile nd have had for numerous years now and I've never had any problems with them.
Old 07 December 2006, 10:44 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I bought a phone from a man in a pub once << Caugh >>

It was chipped. It took the phone company about 4 years to cotton on to me never actually spending any money with them, yet always having £20 credit. Must have recieved Hundreds of pounds in free calls & texts.

Only problem was, I had to walk around with an old style phone.

Agree with comments above though, you'd be pleased if your phone was stolen and T mobile blocked it. Without contract proof, they only have your word for it being your phone. They must hear that all day from thieves trying to get the phones unblocked.

Hope you get it sorted soon though.
Old 07 December 2006, 10:46 AM
Baby Scuff
Scooby Regular

Strange that it took over a year for it to be blocked but in the echos of the posts above, if it had been stolen then it should rightly have been blocked and T mobile aren't doing anything wrong as they did not sell you the phone and its prob not them that have blocked it? Is the sim card still working?.
Old 07 December 2006, 10:48 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

The bloke will have claimed on his insurance as a lost phone and blocked it. People do this on ebay. sell the phone and then claim for a new one. They get the cash and a new phone. you lose out.

You could get the IMEI changed but that's illegal.

Trending Topics

Old 07 December 2006, 10:54 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

its funny you say that, ive been with them for 11YEARS runing now mate & as a customer whos been with them for a very long time & has a very good rep they should help me ! I dont see what the problem is
Old 07 December 2006, 11:02 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sti_Prodrive
its funny you say that, ive been with them for 11YEARS runing now mate & as a customer whos been with them for a very long time & has a very good rep they should help me ! I dont see what the problem is
It's harsh I agree.
Old 07 December 2006, 11:27 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

I was on the phone with them for over 1 hour for them to sort my phone out & what the hell was going on with my phone !!!

After 1 hour & 12mins they cut me off by this time ive hit the roof !!!
Don't they charge a pretty penny to speak to them as well?

Hope you sort it.I ditched T mobile for reception reasons in part but I think all of them are rubbish
Old 07 December 2006, 11:41 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by lozgti
Don't they charge a pretty penny to speak to them as well?

Hope you sort it.I ditched T mobile for reception reasons in part but I think all of them are rubbish
Good Q mate & yeah they do

B U T .. There is a way i have found which i can get it sorted out for FREE

But at the end of the day its not the waiting that gets to me its the POOR service & then unhelping a$$holes that's the matters

Last edited by Sti_Prodrive; 07 December 2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07 December 2006, 02:19 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Good Q mate & yeah they do

B U T .. There is a way i have found which i can get it sorted out for FREE

But at the end of the day its not the waiting that gets to me its the POOR service & then unhelping a$$holes that's the matters
This stuff also happens when you go to forums and post your imei asking for some code to unlock it...... some clever gits then go and clone it and hey presto you've got a time bomb.

Get patching
Old 07 December 2006, 02:26 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It was either claimed on insurance, or it was bought on a dodgy credit card (Not saying you did either of these) they can still block it anytime. So maybe they only just found out after a year. Your better of getting a new phone, changing the IMEI number is an offence, and carries a sentence of 5 years imprisonment, blah blah blah
At least you have a nice camera/mp3 player.
Old 07 December 2006, 09:13 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Smile

True say.. !
Old 07 December 2006, 09:29 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

If the phone was stolen then T-mobile will block the phone once they have the IMEI number, that why when you see phones on ebay saying wont work in UK its cos there nicked and have been blocked but they may well work in other countries.

Do you still have the dealers address ? if so and the phone is a stolen then report him to the law.
Old 07 December 2006, 10:06 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Not worth the hassle...... just change the serial if you boght it genuinly... my law abiding caracter only goes so far
Old 07 December 2006, 10:31 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i was with tmobile earlier this year i asked them to put roaming on my phone as i was going abroad and my nan was very ill in hospital but they still managed to **** that up so i ended the contract and now im with orange who are excellent not had a problem with them yet
Old 07 December 2006, 10:40 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

T-mobiles service isn't amazing but the problem you have would be exactly the same with any other service provider. They have an obligation to block the phone if the person that originally bought it reports it as stolen. All networks do exactly the same to try and prevent the thefts of phones (detterent). The problem lies with whoever you bought the phone from, They have probably sold you there upgrade phone and then just as its coming to renewal time again reported it stolen so they can do it again with a new one.
Orange is a good network especially with their insurance deals (orange care) but they have shocking signal and charge too much.
o2 all the way for me now!