Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Labour eyes up our Greenbelt now.

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2006, 02:18 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down New Labour eyes up our Greenbelt now.

Yet another New Labour policy disaster for the country in the making:

BBC NEWS | Business | England planning overhaul urged

According to the report's key author, economist Kate Barker -

The plan seems to be to concrete over our remaining green belt with tin shed business developments and cheap Bellway type housing estates. All to the benefit of big business and central government tax collectors.

" Planning bodies should review their green belt boundaries to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate"

Of course relevant and appropriate to whom it does not say.

In addition they intend to create a 'central bureau of planning' to force through their pet projects despite local objections. This would mean that the rubbish incinerator, or that factory, housing development local people can currently object to will no longer have a say in what gets built where.

Marvellous is there anything else left that New Labour isn't ruining? And what next for Barker I wonder... non exec directorships at Barratt and Tesco perhaps?
Old 05 December 2006, 02:44 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine is a senior land buyer at a big coporate building company.

he is rubbing his hands with glee at this report - just for the sake of building cheap poorly made housing just so they can drown themselves in champagne on a regular basis and pat each other on the back and tell themselves how great they are.

Still i suppose thats how business works
Old 05 December 2006, 02:57 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I've lost confidence in everyone of the mainstream parties.

They all talk a good game with all the speil and bullsh*t that they spout yet never deliver 99% of the time.

They all p*** in the same pot if you ask me.
Old 05 December 2006, 03:08 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I've got a plan, lets build on the greenbelt around London and shoehorn another few million people into the area. Then a few years down the road we can tax the eyeballs off everyone in a crusade against congestion.

Looks like some idiots have beaten me to it though
Old 05 December 2006, 03:09 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Sorry Chief, but for me they don't even talk a good game. Seems they are more interested in 'gold plated' retirement schemes and salary increases for themselves, than they are about the country.
Old 05 December 2006, 03:20 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Sorry Chief, but for me they don't even talk a good game. Seems they are more interested in 'gold plated' retirement schemes and salary increases for themselves, than they are about the country.

Dont even get me going on their silly wage increases.

Gits!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2006, 06:26 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

What does the green belt actually achieve. Let people build houses on it make owning a home more afforable. Economically green belt is a dead loss so get some use out of it. This country is desperately short of space so acres of it doing nothing is plain stupidity.
Old 05 December 2006, 06:35 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
What does the green belt actually achieve. Let people build houses on it make owning a home more afforable. Economically green belt is a dead loss so get some use out of it. This country is desperately short of space so acres of it doing nothing is plain stupidity.
Er....Its part of our heritage....its part of what makes Britain....Britain.
There are areas of Kent Sussex for example that developers would love to get their hands on. But once built on you can´t get it back. Its fcuked bland factory units and houses.

Please replyand tell me that you have more sensitivity that an amoeba and that you get what I am saying.

Steve
Old 05 December 2006, 06:53 PM
scoobywrxuk300
Scooby Regular

They are all the same imho, always! has the motorist suffered, drinker, smoker,
Privatisation by the con's left this country at the kennels... imo.
And we all seem to forget the ression, poll tax, rich get richer attitude, Hell they are all as bad,
I as for the green belt, why not, its waste land... better to have homes for people than fields, and if they build factory's and industrial sites, more jobs, more wealth, etc etc...
Oh yes tho, Beautiful countryside lovely England... And where do most of us enjoy our 2 weeks a year, Rambling???? lmao... On a beach in the sun cheap beer, ****, then on the plane back the reality sets in...

Its greed, nature of the beast..... cheapest house price here... 160k, ist time buyer... How many of the youth of today can afford that? select few.

We need to look at how this country is run by another, Stop being led around by our nose, and thats been the same for years im affraid...
While the americans enjoy cheap oil, and try dictate the price, they will sit back and laugh at the rest of the world. imo.

Green belt my ar53....!
Old 05 December 2006, 07:32 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Originally Posted by unclebuck
New Labour eyes up our Greenbelt now.

personally it doeasn't affect me....

i wear braces
Old 05 December 2006, 08:27 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
Er....Its part of our heritage....its part of what makes Britain....Britain.
There are areas of Kent Sussex for example that developers would love to get their hands on. But once built on you can´t get it back. Its fcuked bland factory units and houses.

Please replyand tell me that you have more sensitivity that an amoeba and that you get what I am saying.

Steve
I disagree that green belts are in any way a part of British heritage. They started in 1955 and doubled in size between 1979 and 1993 and serve no purpose in modern Britain. People in this country are cramed into over crowded living areas with houses built on top of each other while acres of worthless land sit empty and offer nothing other than a nice view for the fortunate few that live close to them. Socially and economically green belts are a diaster and its about time people admitted the fact and used these areas to make half decent houses affordable to new generations.
Old 05 December 2006, 08:33 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I disagree that green belts are in any way a part of British heritage. They started in 1955 and doubled in size between 1979 and 1993 and serve no purpose in modern Britain. People in this country are cramed into over crowded living areas with houses built on top of each other while acres of worthless land sit empty and offer nothing other than a nice view for the fortunate few that live close to them. Socially and economically green belts are a diaster and its about time people admitted the fact and used these areas to make half decent houses affordable to new generations.
Typical of the immigrant newcomer. Wants to plunder everything we regard as precious. Knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Very sad...
Old 05 December 2006, 08:36 PM
farmermo
Scooby Regular

As a farmer trying to make ends meet, stuck up against the side of a new town in the green belt, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. MAYBE.
All I get at the moment is hoards of kids through my crops, for which I get very little income.
Old 05 December 2006, 08:44 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Typical of the immigrant newcomer. Wants to plunder everything we regard as precious. Knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Very sad...

ROFLMAO 'immigrant newcomer' who is we ? English people ? In what way am I less English than you ? My passport says British you know. Ask any farmer what he thinks of green bet and the best use for acres of farmland in the UK. If you like fields so much buy some Unclebuck and preserve them until then the owners of land shuld be free to build on it and add something to
it to benefit Britain.
Old 05 December 2006, 09:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

ROFLMAO 'immigrant newcomer' who is we ? English people ? In what way am I less English than you ? My passport says British you know. Ask any farmer what he thinks of green bet and the best use for acres of farmland in the UK. If you like fields so much buy some Unclebuck and preserve them until then the owners of land shuld be free to build on it and add something to
it to benefit Britain.
Here she goes.... ranting froth 'My passport says British ' bull****.

You know nothing about the British culture and values - message ends
Old 05 December 2006, 09:20 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Here she goes.... ranting froth 'My passport says British ' bull****.

You know nothing about the British culture and values - message ends
Where was I ranting ? Are you saying that I am lying about what my passport says ? Or are you suggesting that you are in some way more British than me. I would also suggest that I probably do know more about British culture than you.
Just for you unclebuck I am going to start claiming childbenefit soon. I have never botherd with it in the past in the opinion that benefits are for those that need them but just for you I am going to start claiming that £17.00 a week and donate it to helping immigrants newly arrived in the UK. I shall call it the unclebuck immigrant charity fund and think of you every time I donate it.
Old 05 December 2006, 10:01 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I am going to start claiming childbenefit soon.
you will qualify no problem....

Old 05 December 2006, 10:24 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Luan
You are entitled to your point of view.
Your points well made.
Why do you think the greenbelt was invented in the first place because...

´´once built on you can´t get it back. Its fcuked bland factory units and houses´´

You are using your head and not your heart.
The well being of the nation requires decisions that take both into consideration. But

´´once built on you can´t get it back. Its fcuked bland factory units and houses´´

Am I getting through....

Do you understand. That for people that have worked in the country and it is part of their blood, hold it dear to them it means more to us than a cold headed decision. Just building endless houses is not a solution. Credit fueling an unsastainable house prices, imigration is fine its all part of what Britain has always been about, but we need an Imigration policy - the root causes need to be tackled not the syptoms.

This country is going to the dogs and anyone that doesnt see that has their thumb up their ****, probably scrabling after more money, or is too young to know any better.

Having worked on farms and knowing that being a smaller farmer these days is near impossible I can sympathise with you farmermo. And can see this could be a way personaly out of your predicament. I know of a dairy farmer in Dorset,farm been in the family for generations broke his heart to leave. He has just moved to New Zealand and set up a dairy farm there. This is one example of many.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Whitehorn; 06 December 2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05 December 2006, 11:22 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I am not going to comment, hissy fits at this time of time of night are not good for the soul
I live in a green belt area, enough said
Old 05 December 2006, 11:24 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 84of300
I am not going to comment, hissy fits at this time of time of night are not good for the soul
I live in a green belt area, enough said

You live in a house that someone built on a green belt area?
That was quick! Have they started already??
Old 05 December 2006, 11:29 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Suresh
You live in a house that someone built on a green belt area?
That was quick! Have they started already??
It's a farm house and has been here for over 100 years The fields are green belt and my land
Old 06 December 2006, 12:16 AM
jonesy172
Scooby Regular

Green belt land shouldnt be developed, only brownfield regeneration.
Old 06 December 2006, 12:21 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by jonesy172
I agree
God, I wish I had a green blob to give
Old 06 December 2006, 07:12 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

There's no need to reduce huge areas of countryside to large housing estates. There are enough brownfield sites to more than cope with the necessary increase in housing.

Obviously those supporting destroying our green and pleasant land are either money makers, townies or immigrants.

Leave the country side alone damn it!
Old 06 December 2006, 10:39 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxuk300
They are all the same imho, always! has the motorist suffered, drinker, smoker,
Privatisation by the con's left this country at the kennels... imo.
And we all seem to forget the ression, poll tax, rich get richer attitude, Hell they are all as bad,
I as for the green belt, why not, its waste land... better to have homes for people than fields, and if they build factory's and industrial sites, more jobs, more wealth, etc etc...
Oh yes tho, Beautiful countryside lovely England... And where do most of us enjoy our 2 weeks a year, Rambling???? lmao... On a beach in the sun cheap beer, ****, then on the plane back the reality sets in...

Its greed, nature of the beast..... cheapest house price here... 160k, ist time buyer... How many of the youth of today can afford that? select few.

We need to look at how this country is run by another, Stop being led around by our nose, and thats been the same for years im affraid...
While the americans enjoy cheap oil, and try dictate the price, they will sit back and laugh at the rest of the world. imo.

Green belt my ar53....!
Can someone run this through a remedial translator so I may grasp WTF this all means?

Green Belt land should be left as it is. The reason for a Green Belt was to prevent urban sprawl and protect the countryside from further encroachment. Brownfield sites should be fully developed to their greatest extent before anyone even mentiones developing Green Belt.

I am totally against building ever more bland boxes on bland estates using previously open countryside.
Old 06 December 2006, 12:17 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jonesy172
Agree Agree Agree
Old 06 December 2006, 12:52 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Just the sort of comment you'd expect from someone who has no real loyalty to the country

Yeah lets build everywhere, and hell lets knock down those horrible old medival buildings and get up some cheap council flats so Luan can import more 3rd world family members to live here at tax payers expense

More effort should go into reducing the number of scounging immigrants in the country, rather than ruining the place further so we can fit more in
Old 06 December 2006, 01:14 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you come from Luan?
I live in dorset and its nice to know i can go a couple of miles down the road and be in the countryside and not have to look at ugly factory units or cheap houses built for townies and immigrants.
Perhaps we should destroy our National Parks as well as they are 'obviously' a waste of space.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:19 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Just the sort of comment you'd expect from someone who has no real loyalty to the country

council flats so Luan can import more 3rd world family members to live here at tax payers expense

More effort should go into reducing the number of scounging immigrants in the country, rather than ruining the place further so we can fit more in
Yes lets blame the immigrants again typical refuge of the brain dead masses. Believe it or not almost all EU imigrants are hard working people who generally house share providing tax revenue, use limited proportion of housing stock and being young and in good health use up very little of our medical resources. They also prop up our economy which the lazy English working class will not do.

There are no barriers to brown field sites being used other than convoluted inneficient planning process so ultimately when developement is economically viable it will happenson on these sites and is happening but this in no way address' the shortage of houseing and high house prices in the UK caused by rising divorce rate and more peoplelving alone for longer as well as many people buying to invest. Green belt can be developed on a low density basis with perhaps 2 house' per acre of land restrictions imposed. This would make use of the land, help to ease the houseing shortage, reduce social problems associated with over crowding, reduce house prices for new buyers and slow inflation to help the UK economy compete internationally in manufacturing. The benefits are huge the RATIONAL negatives non existant.

Quick Reply: New Labour eyes up our Greenbelt now.