Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Poles with no tax no insurance ........

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2006, 06:59 PM
Rudolph Hooker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poles with no tax no insurance ........

Spoke with a group of Polish workers today, you've seen all those PL stickers on the back of motors......?

Well seems most (perhaps all) dont have any insurance, no what we call tax no MOT in fact f**k all.
Hope one doesnt run into you ...............
They think its great, other than fuel, its free motoring.
Old 01 December 2006, 07:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Not sure what's going on. Here in sunny Scunny, the local rag runs a "Before the courts" column twice weekly. EVERY column there are loads of eastern Europeans, ALL done for no license, no insurance, no tax, driving other than in accordance etc, some all four., and many with speeding or drink driving on top. Last week a deportation order was made against one who'd just been done for the THIRD time for drink driving.

They obviously have zero respect for us or our laws.

Time we kicked the whole fekkin lot back where they came from and shut our borders to any more:Mad:

Alcazar
Old 01 December 2006, 08:16 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Generally speaking they do have insurance (back in Poland) but it takes an age to pay out if at all.

The car is allowed to be in England for 1 year before you have to get MOT / Road Tax etc...

Steve
Old 01 December 2006, 08:27 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

granted the EU means insurance is borderless, but ask yours how it covers you in another EU country! not 12months!
if you run into a poll in poland, he would call the police who would probably make you pay up there and then or jail
if it worked the same here we wouldn't be havin this post
Old 01 December 2006, 08:40 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

If living here they have to register their car on entry to the UK, and pay tax along with proof of UK insurance

The year thing only applies to their non-UK licence.

I have had the pleasure in helping crush many a polish/latvian etc registered car.
Old 01 December 2006, 08:44 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

well done fartherpierre
on the way to dover in september i saw a car transporter full of PL and LT reg cars, heading for the tunnel, so all the conferscated cars must be being sold to a dealer from poland etc and shipped back, car transporter was PL reg!!
so some one's makin a nice butty
Old 01 December 2006, 09:21 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
If living here they have to register their car on entry to the UK, and pay tax along with proof of UK insurance
That isn't true. I know lots of Polish cars that do not have any UK insurance or tax. They do have Polish insurance.

Steve
Old 01 December 2006, 09:35 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
That isn't true. I know lots of Polish cars that do not have any UK insurance or tax. They do have Polish insurance.

Steve
They're breaking the law then.

If you live here and bring your car with you, you have to register it and have UK insurance.
Old 01 December 2006, 09:50 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

They're breaking the law then.

If you live here and bring your car with you, you have to register it and have UK insurance.
Okay. I have been in a Polish car when it enters the UK and no-one even looks / asks the question.

Steve
Old 01 December 2006, 09:58 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

That's a fault of our system that relies on people being honest.

If you live here and bring your car with you from wherever you have to register it and pay UK tax, insurance etc. Just as you pay tax/insurance etc. when you work here - no difference.

Who would you expect to pay for your repairs if you get smashed into by a Polish person in a Polish car that has no UK insurance? Hence the rules.
Old 01 December 2006, 10:05 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

That's a fault of our system that relies on people being honest.

If you live here and bring your car with you from wherever you have to register it and pay UK tax, insurance etc. Just as you pay tax/insurance etc. when you work here - no difference.

Who would you expect to pay for your repairs if you get smashed into by a Polish person in a Polish car that has no UK insurance? Hence the rules.
And I completely agree with you. I don't understand why the Police just don't stop all the cars and check?

I can almost guarantee 90% of the Polish cars do not have UK insurance.

Steve
Old 01 December 2006, 10:34 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

What about squaddies? What sort of insurance do they have ie the ones that live in germany and england and go back and forth. Not saying they are doing something wrong just always wondered what sort of insurance they had.
Old 01 December 2006, 10:35 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

And I completely agree with you. I don't understand why the Police just don't stop all the cars and check?

Steve

the police work in mysterious ways. Instead of heavily fining us law abiding citizens they should go after the rule breakers and scum.
Old 01 December 2006, 10:51 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I also see a lot of LT cars as well as PL. I give them all a wide berth!
Old 01 December 2006, 10:51 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Steve
As do I. That's why I spend lots of time stopping foreign cars when at work .

It's more like 1 in 3 that don't have insurance/licence - compared to the 1 in 10 of UK cars that don't.
Old 02 December 2006, 12:15 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

As do I. That's why I spend lots of time stopping foreign cars when at work .

It's more like 1 in 3 that don't have insurance/licence - compared to the 1 in 10 of UK cars that don't.
Hello

Okay, I have just spoken to the people that I know and they have been stopped and involved in an accident and the fact that they had Polish insurance wasn't an issue.

Is this a new rule?

Steve
Old 02 December 2006, 12:23 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Lack of knowledge on the part of the officer/lack of interest in writing.

Processing someone (sending to court) means 20 mins of writing and is something that many coppers shy from.

Bottom line is that if you drive on UK roads you have to be insured and the police database now shows who has and hasn't insurance.

Check your insurance document and see if it allows you to drive in Europe, or anywhere else in the world if you decide to move there. It doesn't.

Your friends will be in for a huge shock if they have a smash or knock someone over - prison at worst.

What's the difference between them having no insurance and you or me having none, just 'cos they're from somewhere eles and not British? None and I'd spend the 20 mins writing the book out or nick them as I usually do

Plus, your friends have probably claimed they are here on a temporary basis and not here on a 1 yr+ basis. Once again, a loophole that will be closed once the mass immigration this country is experiencing becomes normal.

I pulled a Polish Golf a few days ago, arrested the driver and had his car taken and crushed for no insurance last Wednesday night. He assumed he was covered because he isn't a UK citizen. Wrong.

Last edited by fatherpierre; 02 December 2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02 December 2006, 02:16 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Aren't there to types of drivers from overseas though.

The holiday-maker and the "migrant worker".

You can go on holidays most places. Again, provided your insurance etc. covers you. Once you try to settle down, things get more complicated.

I think it's a bit much crushing cars immediately 'cos of irregularities. You have to give them an opportunity to pay and only crush the car if they don't provide proof of redemption.

J
Old 02 December 2006, 06:41 AM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
What about squaddies? What sort of insurance do they have ie the ones that live in germany and england and go back and forth. Not saying they are doing something wrong just always wondered what sort of insurance they had.
Havent been stationed in Germany for about 10 years now but, AFAIK its still:

Either German insurance or UK insurance with permanent green card (of which there are only about 3 approved companies IIRC, inc/plus NAAFI)

Those based in germany are subject to their UK car being BFG'd (more so if its newly purchased, ie Tax Free and exported from UK). The car must be fitted with continental lights (headlights and fog - this is checked regardless of age) and has to have a stringent MOT test equivalent to german standards (usually done by REME and only if over 3 yrs old).
Once BFG registered the car is exempt from UK Road Tax but, a 12 month tax disc is issued FOC along with a BFG log book, the tax disc is displayed as normal, also they are fitted with BFG plates (identical to UK plates still but a different Reg from the original), the tax disc obviously relates to the BFG registration number. As mentioned, the V5 (or pink log book if new export) is replaced with a BFG log book. Individuals with BFG registered cars can also purchase fuel coupons from the pay office (much cheaper than at the pumps but, rationed).

When the individual returns to permanent residence in UK the car returns to
its original UK registration (or new registration if the car was exported as new with a pink log book).

BFG & TICK TESTS

In summary, its pretty much all legit, less those that choose to buck the system obviously.
Old 02 December 2006, 07:04 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Arrived at work yesterday to see a group of 3 lurking around by the entrance of the carwash, got out the car and they moved away a little bit, the lad who was running the wash at the time told me he had hid the till in the microwave as they were acting "well dodgy"

asked the lad if he knew them
"no they just got out a car and stood there and started watching me"

so i approached them, nicely but at the same time i "knew" what was going to happen, and asked them if they were after some help. it was a very strange place for them to be grouped up and smoking. they were in my staff parking space near the office door.

"are you after some help?"
"no"
"are you lost?"
"no, we are waiting for a friend"

and with that a battered old ****ter of a car arrives on the prewash pad (there was a large que yesterday)

car is falling apart, not even worth cleaning! i did wonder if it was even road legal

i know a scam when i see one, i have seen them a thousand times before, at this point they actually left the site and went to the car dealers next door.

the place was being cased up, i know it, gut instinct, i have seen it happen before, i have had people use the same "trick" to try and rob me before, i had told the lad how its done, which is why he hid the till in the microwave, i will give the boy a nice christmas bonus

bloke in car would have done "something" inside the wash, put his handbrake on or something, causing a fault, and when staff go to investigate, 99% of them never lock the office door from the inside, it takes 2 secs to reach around and grab the till!!!!! but this only works when there is one person/staff onsite, which is why they fecked off after i arrived

Last edited by StickyMicky; 02 December 2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02 December 2006, 07:28 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Not sure what's going on. Here in sunny Scunny, the local rag runs a "Before the courts" column twice weekly. EVERY column there are loads of eastern Europeans, ALL done for no license, no insurance, no tax, driving other than in accordance etc, some all four., and many with speeding or drink driving on top. Last week a deportation order was made against one who'd just been done for the THIRD time for drink driving.

They obviously have zero respect for us or our laws.

Time we kicked the whole fekkin lot back where they came from and shut our borders to any more:Mad:

Alcazar
you know what, its all fooking true. i work with loads of the smelly buggers, and all they seem to do is boast about how cheap it is to buy cars over there, bring em here and not bother with any tax, m.o.t. etc. and about all the fights they get into when they go out on the pi$$. bloody ridiculous it is, they come over here take all the spare jobs (thus incresing the unemployement rate for the benefit spoungers), treat out town(s) like **** and refuse to even learn the basics of the english language.

i have no idea what this government is upto but there must be some tax benifits in there somewhere for all these big compainies who are shipping over the warsaw cru'...

worse thing is when they see a pretty woman theyre like leeches. couple of times at work my missus has had to fend them off, but they got the idea when i threatened one of them with my fist one afternoon picking her up. "yeah mate i might drive a peugeot but il still make you another hole to suck hospital food through, not f**k off".

rant over

andy
Old 02 December 2006, 07:39 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Arrived at work yesterday to see a group of 3 lurking around by the entrance of the carwash, got out the car and they moved away a little bit, the lad who was running the wash at the time told me he had hid the till in the microwave as they were acting "well dodgy"

asked the lad if he knew them
"no they just got out a car and stood there and started watching me"

so i approached them, nicely but at the same time i "knew" what was going to happen, and asked them if they were after some help. it was a very strange place for them to be grouped up and smoking. they were in my staff parking space near the office door.

"are you after some help?"
"no"
"are you lost?"
"no, we are waiting for a friend"

and with that a battered old ****ter of a car arrives on the prewash pad (there was a large que yesterday)

car is falling apart, not even worth cleaning! i did wonder if it was even road legal

i know a scam when i see one, i have seen them a thousand times before, at this point they actually left the site and went to the car dealers next door.

the place was being cased up, i know it, gut instinct, i have seen it happen before, i have had people use the same "trick" to try and rob me before, i had told the lad how its done, which is why he hid the till in the microwave, i will give the boy a nice christmas bonus

bloke in car would have done "something" inside the wash, put his handbrake on or something, causing a fault, and when staff go to investigate, 99% of them never lock the office door from the inside, it takes 2 secs to reach around and grab the till!!!!! but this only works when there is one person/staff onsite, which is why they fecked off after i arrived
its even worse when all they are doing is coming here to increase crime statistics. its a shame as the genuine immigrants like doctors/dentists etc, who are fully qualified get a bad name and rep for the "cheap nasty wasters" that are populating our country. lord knows we have enough chav and pikey sorts, but bringing in more deliebaerate crime circles who have no intention of working is madness. i hope they bring in new laws and regulations regards the level of english they have to speak before entering, they qualifications, criminal records, driving offences etc. pick and choose the beteer lot, then fair wnough, leave all the wasters and criminals in poland where they are all from.

strong minded point of view i know, but i work with around 4-500 hundred on a daily basis, so i have reason for opinion on this...

second rant over
Old 02 December 2006, 07:45 AM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
you know what, its all fooking true. i work with loads of the smelly buggers, and all they seem to do is boast about how cheap it is to buy cars over there, bring em here and not bother with any tax, m.o.t. etc. and about all the fights they get into when they go out on the pi$$. bloody ridiculous it is, they come over here take all the spare jobs (thus incresing the unemployement rate for the benefit spoungers), treat out town(s) like **** and refuse to even learn the basics of the english language.
Wow.

They should watch how Brits behave abroad and learn eh?
Old 02 December 2006, 08:00 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I have had the pleasure in helping crush many a polish/latvian etc registered car.
Heh Heh!

Alcazar
Old 02 December 2006, 08:09 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DocJock
Wow.

They should watch how Brits behave abroad and learn eh?
Not at all. They should watch how those who go to LIVE abroad behave, and learn from that

You should SEE the Latvian graffiti in this town, one year on..........and I DO know it's Latvian, 'cos it's got Latvian website tags on it
Scum.

I have a house in France that we're trying to do up. There are other English in the area. All those I've met are making an effort to learn French, to integrate, and I've yet to see ANY English graffiti.

Alcazar
Old 02 December 2006, 08:10 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vindaloo
Aren't there to types of drivers from overseas though.

The holiday-maker and the "migrant worker".

You can go on holidays most places. Again, provided your insurance etc. covers you. Once you try to settle down, things get more complicated.

I think it's a bit much crushing cars immediately 'cos of irregularities. You have to give them an opportunity to pay and only crush the car if they don't provide proof of redemption.

J
Of course they get a chance to prove they are insured. The car's only crushed if they admit no insurance - it is impounded until they prove they are covered.

It is in the interest of the foreign worker to have the car registered in the UK so there is a record of it, meaning their name is linked to it so they don't get arrested when stopped and unable to prove who they are.

It's about time the powers were given to police to keep uninsured people off the roads, regrdless of where they are from.

Our cars are now fitted with computers that say what insurance cars have, who with, whose allowed to drive it, what level of cover the car has, what sort of licence the driver has, what points he/she has. why they have points - just about eveything along with their criminal record and where they live.

Last edited by fatherpierre; 02 December 2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02 December 2006, 08:12 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Question

IIRC, Faterpierre, you're down near London? Are there many eastern Europeans there then?

Mind, they must be just about everywhere, being as there's 500,000 come so far

Alcazar
Old 02 December 2006, 08:17 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

There's every sort of person where I work. Too many nationalities to list.

Masses if poles, but they all seem to work and be law abiding.

Many Africans don't seem to want to pay tax, insurance or bother with driving licences.

Some people claim ignorance and say they don't need it where they are from.

In Wood Green a £60k Porsche was stopped with no insurance and found its way to the compound, last week!

Last edited by fatherpierre; 02 December 2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02 December 2006, 08:24 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

In Wood Green a £60k Porsche was stopped with no insurance and found its way to the compound, last week!

Alcazar

Quick Reply: Poles with no tax no insurance ........