Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

SPEED BUMPS AARRGGH NO MORE PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2006, 08:39 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEED BUMPS AARRGGH NO MORE PLEASE

Just recieved a letter from the council to say they are going install traffic calming measures to the road that leads to our house and surrounding streets...16 in total added to the 8 already installed,the reason being to stop drivers using the road to avoid traffic jams on the parallel running main road.What a set of TossPots...as a quick estimate i reckon i will go over at least 100+ bumps per week now just because the council cannot be bothered to find a solution to the main road congestion.BRADFORD COUNCIL WELL DONE NOT
Old 24 November 2006, 08:51 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Lets hope you don't need an ambulance quick to your house! Hate the things.

Thought I saw somewhere that some councils in London were taking the things back up.
Old 24 November 2006, 08:56 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

if anyone has any letters or simular to help the cause to stop these things please lets have a look
Old 24 November 2006, 10:54 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Pollution levels also go through the roof will all the slowing down and speeding up between the bumps. Our road was done a few years ago. Like yours, parallel to a main road. Didn't stop the road as a rat run, noise increased too, especially from me as I couldn't coast down the road in neurtal at 4am on the way back from work. Had a decat P1 with full blitz at the time too.
Old 24 November 2006, 11:28 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

I heard a theory that if you beep your horn everytime you go over one people will get so annoyed and hassle their council to remove them..
Old 25 November 2006, 08:49 AM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

You could try writing to the council to complain, but I dont think you will get anywhere. Maybe if you and the residents in the area all wrote then it may have some clout.

It has been proven that speed bumps slow down the emergency services (fire and ambulance) and that to many could mean the difference between life and death if you live in the wrong location.

Trending Topics

Old 25 November 2006, 09:57 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Put some notices up for all the local residents (or post flyers to affected houses) highlighting the issues such as noise, pollution, damage to residents cars, ambulance/emergency services being delayed when coming to their houses etc.

Then get a list/petition from all the local residents and post to the council. If no joy then involve the local press "Council goes against bradford residents". "Local residents set to vote out council incumbents in local elections" etc.

Basically, if they think a lot of votes are at stake then they may do something about it. We live in a democracy after all.

Or you could just do nothing but moan on SN, this is the best way to stop the speed humps I'm sure.
Old 25 November 2006, 11:30 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Send them a bill for the damage being done to your chassis and suspension. Even if you drive slowly it still puts unacceptable shock loads into your suspension. I doubt very much that it will make any difference to the drivers using your road as a rat run either.

Les
Old 25 November 2006, 11:37 AM
terzo282
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have had to replace the front suspension on my car due to speed bumps.loads of people on the estate i live on complain due to knackered suspension at mot time because of the extra stress it put on there cars

good excuse to buy eibach coilovers though
Old 25 November 2006, 02:15 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Well if you think about it speed humps are put there for *road safety* reasons. If you're going down a road with them installed then it's obvious that you need to take extra care so a beep on the horn as you get to each one is reasonable. You may not be able to see the danger but it's obviously there ... or there wouldn't be speed humps ....

Dave
like the sound of this one if they do get installed but i will have wear a mask so i can go back in local without been linched.
Wrote the letter to the council and put it to them straight just hope others do the same