Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

AnyOne else watching the Pissheads on BBC2?

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2006, 10:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down AnyOne else watching the Pissheads on BBC2?

What makes some people such losers??
Old 22 November 2006, 08:34 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I watched it last night also. That young bloke who kept necking back the red wine was right nutter. He'd down the drink then yop it back up within seconds. What was apparent from the documentary was that most of them were also suffering from major phsychological/phsychiatric problems also.

The Jeremy Paxman interview afterwards was very good too. The Doctor made some very valid points about the whole NHS system failing to tackle the issues and he was so right on a number of things. He got my respect for not holding back on what his views were on the whole situation. So many people toe the political line and avoid directly answering the questions yet the Doctor just said it like it was. The government make huge amounts of money from alcohol taxes yet puts very little back into the NHS, just like most things then
Old 22 November 2006, 08:38 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Originally Posted by pslewis

Oh, and in answer to your question pslewis aka Mr Sensitivity lol, In most cases its mental instability amongst other things I would expect. The people on that documentary were beyond the title "pissheads", way beyond that.
Old 22 November 2006, 10:16 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriva
Yep, I watched it last night also. That young bloke who kept necking back the red wine was right nutter. He'd down the drink then yop it back up within seconds. What was apparent from the documentary was that most of them were also suffering from major phsychological/phsychiatric problems also.

The Jeremy Paxman interview afterwards was very good too. The Doctor made some very valid points about the whole NHS system failing to tackle the issues and he was so right on a number of things. He got my respect for not holding back on what his views were on the whole situation. So many people toe the political line and avoid directly answering the questions yet the Doctor just said it like it was. The government make huge amounts of money from alcohol taxes yet puts very little back into the NHS, just like most things then
I agree with comments about the Doctor except I think he was advocating strength warning labels on bottles/cans. I'd have thought that would simply encourage kids to go for the strong stuff (The Tennants Export syndrome) as their sole intention seems to get as pissed as quickly as they can. Correct me if I got that bit wrong. dl
Old 22 November 2006, 10:33 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I agree with comments about the Doctor except I think he was advocating strength warning labels on bottles/cans. I'd have thought that would simply encourage kids to go for the strong stuff (The Tennants Export syndrome) as their sole intention seems to get as pissed as quickly as they can. Correct me if I got that bit wrong. dl
Your kind of correct. The Doc was suggesting that alcohol be clearly marked as to its units of alcohol as in male weekly advised units is 21 and females is 14. You could then quite easily work out your consumption. A pint is 1 unit, a glass of wine is 1 unit. Fortified wine/spirits etc are classed as 2 units (single measure).

Now consider that those people last night were packing away between 100 and 200 units a week
Old 22 November 2006, 10:48 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriva
A pint is 1 unit,
i'm sure a pint is typically 2 units, but it varies of course
Old 22 November 2006, 10:52 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike1210
i'm sure a pint is typically 2 units, but it varies of course
Yep a 'normal strengh' pint is 2 units - I think 'normal strengh' is about 4% in this context

Therefore most lagers people actually drink (stella etc) are over 2 units a pint

Andy
Old 22 November 2006, 11:27 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

I stand corrected:

A unit of alcohol is 10ml of pure alcohol. Counting units of alcohol can help us to keep track of the amount we're drinking. The list below shows the number of units of alcohol in common drinks:-

* A pint of ordinary strength lager (Carling Black Label, Fosters) - 2 units
* A pint of strong lager (Stella Artois, Kronenbourg 1664) - 3 units
* A pint of ordinary bitter (John Smith's, Boddingtons) - 2 units
* A pint of best bitter (Fuller's ESB, Young's Special) - 3 units
* A pint of ordinary strength cider (Woodpecker) - 2 units
* A pint of strong cider (Dry Blackthorn, Strongbow) - 3 units
* A 175ml glass of red or white wine - around 2 units
* A pub measure of spirits - 1 unit
* An alcopop (eg Smirnoff Ice, Bacardi Breezer, WKD, Reef) - around 1.5 units
Old 22 November 2006, 04:52 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

dunno, talking utter **** about mobile phones and bills that couldn't exist then, lying about how old you are, promising money to charity then backing out. the list on why you're a loser is endless pete!

jeeezus, what a tool you really are lewis

why don't you **** off again, this time for good?
Old 22 November 2006, 07:39 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Have to admit PsLewis is one of the biggest losers I've ever known.