Old 11 November 2006, 11:42 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post FFS, What is Sky TV's problem?

Right, little background before my rant

PROBLEM

Got the full package sky TV, registered at my mams, whuch I'm still paying for even though the box is disconected (by me), and I now live at my lass's house. I want to cancel my Sky subscription, and upgrade to the full package at Lisa's. Simple you would think

Phone up to cancel my contract; speak to "Joe" scottish bloke who after a lot of explaining gave me a direct number. Rang the number, automated message stating that "this service is no longer available.

Ring back, and speak to some indian bint that cant speak English, and hangs up on me

Ring back, speak to another fucking one of Dehli's finest, who can't speak English, who then proceeds to transfer me to themselves and promptly hang up on me

Speak to person #4 lovely scots lass, who still doesn't grasp entirely what I want to do, but was helpfull, offered Sky+ for £49 installed, said I'd be back in touch.

Ring back up, to fucking darkest Calcutta I think, complain I can't understand the bloke, transfered back to Scotland.

Spoke to some stupid scottish bitch, that took the hump after explaining what we planned to do, when asked;

"Which part of I want to cancel MY sky, and we're going to upgrade my lasses to the full package, don't you understand?"

Then she hung up on me. First time in all the phonecalls I got pissed off, too.

FFS I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone, trying to end my agreement with them and I'm no further forward.

SOLUTION

???????????????????????????????
Old 11 November 2006, 11:47 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best not to try to do 2 things in the one call.

Phone up, ask for cancellations, and you'll get through to Scotland.
Before they offer you all the deals (half price subs etc etc), just be strict & stern and you're not interested in any deals and just want to cancel.

That's what I did, and was off the phone in 5 mins. Cancelled. End of.
Old 12 November 2006, 01:16 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cancel your DD and if you feel nice, write to them telling them you have cancelled your DD. Then sit back and relax!
Their automated "oops he's missed a payment" machine might write to you and say "ooops you've missed a payment, pay now or we will end your subscription", which is fine as you want it ended anyhoo...
Get your lass to upgrade her sky in her name - jobs a goodun - :
Old 12 November 2006, 01:38 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the usual call center experience to me !!
Old 12 November 2006, 02:38 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

They're just a bunch of arrogant *****, had a manager hang up on me and when I called back to complain her boss refused to give me her name or his before again hanging up on me, they must get so much ****, but hey they fookin earn it !!
Old 12 November 2006, 07:56 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cheers for the replies. Now done and sorted.

Rang this morning, pressed all the correct buttons for the automated ****, spoke to some Scottish geezer. Then, he says "I'll just transfer you to" at which point my heart sank and I thought FFS here we go again.

Thankfully though, he transferred me to someone also Scottish, who I could understand and they could understand me(Geordie)

All cancelled, gonna cost me a tenner as part months payment, but, I can accept that.

Our lass has upraded her account to the full package and we're going all "posh" and getting Sky+ & having the other box shifted upstairs for £49 instead of the usual £99

She had to deal with the Asians in the foreign call centre though.