Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help needed with garage door

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2001, 12:36 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anybody had any experience fixing a rickety up and over garage door. Although it looks straight now, I think the door has been twisted previously by a gust of wind or someone driving into it.

Had immense problems this morning when the rollers that run up and down came out of the rails that they are supposed to sit in, and had quite a job to get them back in.

Thanks!
Old 23 November 2001, 12:57 PM
bigmac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem with my garage door (built by Garador). The door kept coming of the runners and wouldn't slide up and down easily.

After finding a local supplier, via net, I purchased the bits I needed from them. Items were not that cheap. Fitted them, but managaed to break some of the bits, together with removing a chunk of finger - b^gger.

I didn't fancy paying the high prices again for the broken parts, so I did some ringing around looking for a local 'handy man' type person. Found one, and went around to his 'shop' (turned out to be his garage!). He basically had a garage full of new and secondhand bits and bobs for all types of makes of garage doors and the like.

Basically, I would recommend you try and find the same type of person as I did and you should save a lot of money in doing so. They will also do the repairs for you too (probably quite cheaply too and you'll end up with all youur fingers intact!).

regards, Mark.