Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

bl00dy call centres

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2006, 07:09 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bl00dy call centres

i'm swapping my car tommorow so to be prepared i emailed my insurance yesterday (admiral) and got a reply saying the premium would be an extra £54.03.
I've just phoned them to confirm the change from tommorow morning and spoke to some numpty who could hardly speak english i had to repeat the model 5 times and he said the premium would be £5 less so a refund is due?
i'm going from a cooper (group 8) to a s40 turbo sport lux (group 14) so thought it was odd - had to tell him time and time again it was a turbo (and had to spell it) - he'd quoted me for a non turbo
what happens if my policy is for the wrong model and i have an accident? are the calls recordered just in case?

bl00dy call centres (india i'd guess) - why is it they employ people who can't understand english?????
Old 27 October 2006, 07:14 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robby
i'm swapping my car tommorow so to be prepared i emailed my insurance yesterday (admiral) and got a reply saying the premium would be an extra £54.03.
I've just phoned them to confirm the change from tommorow morning and spoke to some numpty who could hardly speak english i had to repeat the model 5 times and he said the premium would be £5 less so a refund is due?
i'm going from a cooper (group 8) to a s40 turbo sport lux (group 14) so thought it was odd - had to tell him time and time again it was a turbo (and had to spell it) - he'd quoted me for a non turbo
what happens if my policy is for the wrong model and i have an accident? are the calls recordered just in case?

bl00dy call centres (india i'd guess) - why is it they employ people who can't understand english?????
Because it saves them money, ups their profits, gets the top bosses big bonuses.
The downside is customer service dies. But hey, shareholders and management are happy.
Old 27 October 2006, 07:39 PM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

I had this problem a few years back

Phoned insurance company got a quote well cheap and took it, made a point in saying its a 2.5L V6 Twin Turbo about 5 times

Got a cover not saying Galant 2.5l V6 NOOOOOOOO its a VR4 thats V6 Twin Turbo Phoned back and got told you cant drive the car as insurance is invalid

We will have to look into this a phone you back phoned this was a saturday got called Monday ok we made the mistake and will honour the Insurance but we wont renew next time

They must of gone through the phone log to check what I had said :
Old 27 October 2006, 07:48 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Don't get me started on this one. I was full of hell this morning. On the phone to BT for 45 minutes about my broadband of which 40 minutes were me saying "sorry" "what did you say" "I can't understand what you are saying"
Old 27 October 2006, 08:28 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Change Insurance company.
Old 27 October 2006, 08:41 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

give them time, they'll get better....
Old 27 October 2006, 09:01 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I so nearly started one of these off these morning, don't get me started about the poxy Abbey National. I intentionally avoided phoning at night as it goes straight through to India. Phoned at 10am, guess what....flipping India.

Pointless going into my local branch as they say "We can't do that, you'll have to do it on the phone'' Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 27 October 2006, 09:20 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Worked for an Insurance Co and was made redundant due to Indian competition !

Used to have to deal with them on the phones. Even those that can string a few words together in English have no idea of place names, family/christian names, types of vehicle etc , so they tend to get the information wrong.

Ask them for written confirmation of anything you've agreed with them !

Had to laugh when i phoned BT recently and spoke to an indian lass.
I asked her where she was from : she said "i'm from India but i live in Edinburgh now - have a listen to the Scottish voices around me "

Not that she was defensive at all !!
Old 27 October 2006, 10:32 PM
De Warrenne
Scooby Regular

you want cheap insurance, you get cheap insurance
Old 27 October 2006, 10:41 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

The problem with Indian Call centres is they sound just like the Welsh ones.

Probalem is; The one lot doesn't understand you and with other lot, you can't understand them!
Old 27 October 2006, 10:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean, folks.
I was moidered to death once by a call centre tele-person on this insurance issue. I started to talk to the person in Hindi. Christ! Moidering doubled with him asking me some irrelevant questions like "which part of India you come from, what caste are you(). Extra half hour spent on phone, he called me Auntie-ji (making me feel much older than I really am) but, no special discount for another Indian, though

Ali, Welsh accent is more "sing-along"-ish than Indian accent, TBH
Old 28 October 2006, 12:12 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I know what you mean, folks.
I was moidered to death once by a call centre tele-person on this insurance issue. I started to talk to the person in Hindi. Christ! Moidering doubled with him asking me some irrelevant questions like "which part of India you come from, what caste are you(). Extra half hour spent on phone, he called me Auntie-ji (making me feel much older than I really am) but, no special discount for another Indian, though

Ali, Welsh accent is more "sing-along"-ish than Indian accent, TBH
Turbohot, do Indians find Welsh folk easy to understand then ?!
Old 28 October 2006, 02:28 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Turbohot, do Indians find Welsh folk easy to understand then ?!
Of course! Short and simple khoo, khai, kho, khum phoenetics are not exactly alien to Indians. The more sing-along (Welsh accent) takes place, more chance you get to dance around the trees (ref: Bollywood films)

Old 28 October 2006, 02:00 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Of course! Short and simple khoo, khai, kho, khum phoenetics are not exactly alien to Indians. The more sing-along (Welsh accent) takes place, more chance you get to dance around the trees (ref: Bollywood films)

Maybe you could teach us Hindi and a Chinese Snetter can teach us Mandarin ready for when the two of you take over the world !
Old 28 October 2006, 02:27 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx

Maybe you could teach us Hindi and a Chinese Snetter can teach us Mandarin ready for when the two of you take over the world !
No problem
Breaking the language barriers resolves half the battle

Just to let you know that I got moidered twice today by some mortgage company's call centre. I told him to b@gger off but he says" Are you Indian?" I said " What's got to do with me not wanting your deal?". He says to me" I am not offering you any deal.I am making a lead instead Just give me the answers to my questions."
How rude!He won't take "no" for an answer
I was so ******* annoyed that I pressed the "off" button with triple the stength of my thumb and threw the phone in the air! It was just unfortunate that the fridge was in a way!
Now I have to buy a new phone.
Bleddy call centres!<shakes head>
Old 28 October 2006, 02:42 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Old 28 October 2006, 04:52 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

If you wish to talk to someone in the Cardiff office of Admiral and or their sister companies Diamond or Elephant, never ever call them after 6pm during the week or over the weekend

No offence or anything racist (before someone suggests it) but the couple of times I did get through to someone in India, they couldn't understand what I was asking, made numerous errros, and on one call advised me to call back during the day..!*sigh*
Old 28 October 2006, 07:14 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stilover
Change Insurance company.
I'd just renewed my policy 3 weeks ago so i'd have to pay the cancelation fee also i have a claim going through with them (other parties fault - admitted liability) so i'd have to disclose this to other companies as pending in the previous accidents question
Old 28 October 2006, 07:26 PM
WR1Nikki
Scooby Regular

calls should be recorded, but it depends on the company.

they have call centres in india coz they r cheaper to pay than wot we r!
Old 28 October 2006, 09:22 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by WR1Nikki
calls should be recorded, but it depends on the company.

they have call centres in india coz they r cheaper to pay than wot we r!

Are you saying you want a wage cut?