SPEED DETECTOR HELP NEEDED!

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2006, 12:10 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEED DETECTOR HELP NEEDED!

Awight!

Was after a speed detector and was wondering what you guys could recommend?

Seen some pretty good deals on eBay for both the Snooper and Road Angel. Are these any good? Or can you recommended any others?

Thanks in advance!

Acey.
Old 24 October 2006, 12:50 AM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by acey2005
Awight!

Was after a speed detector and was wondering what you guys could recommend?

Seen some pretty good deals on eBay for both the Snooper and Road Angel. Are these any good? Or can you recommended any others?

Thanks in advance!

Acey.
Target LRC100 laser detector (jammer).
Mostly likely you know where all the stationary cameras are!. So protect yourself from the mobile ones instead by jamming the signal so no way of being fined. It also detects lasers as well so you can switch off the jammer.
Old 24 October 2006, 01:00 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

Thanks blue!

Forgot to mention though, I'm only looking to spend around 150 at the most

I know I may struggle to get a really good one but the next best thing for around 100-150 quid would be great!

Keep 'em coming boys

Cheers,

Acey.
Old 24 October 2006, 01:19 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

After more investigation I think I've narrowed it down to the Snooper S6-R or the New Road Angel 2. They both seem pretty good for the money!

Will appreciate any more help though.

Cheers,

Acey.
Old 24 October 2006, 01:31 AM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

a jammer is the only thing worth having, don't bother with a road angel, snooper or origin b2 if you want to detect camera vans cos they won't do it, or they'll do is tell you where the gatso's are.
Old 24 October 2006, 02:02 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

Aha *Starts weighing up his options again*

Cheers,

Acey.
Old 24 October 2006, 02:05 AM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Seems no one here has heard of the InfoRad. GPS based Radar/Safety camera warning device. Sold at Halfords and Woolies of all places for £39.95. Details here: Review of InfoRad GPS Speed Camera Locator - By Doc. But Halfords are the cheapest atm. I am getting one poss. next week.
Old 24 October 2006, 04:36 AM
westtra
Scooby Regular

GPS is ok for going places you dont know.

Rader/Laser is the best option. I have a valentine one and its a great piece of kit. Laser jammers are a dodgy one to have as if the police find it they will A do you for peerverting the course of justice and a few other things on top of that.

For the £150 mark a second hand belltronics detetor is a good option
Old 24 October 2006, 09:58 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Drive-Smart

Can't go wrong mate, give them a ring and haggle on the price, I did, and got it substantially cheaper than web or ebay price.

Also, updates to the database are free for life. It's a little flaky in places, but only in that they've not removed some cameras, not that cameras haven't been added, so you get a few alerts to cameras that aren't there.
Other than that, its a great unit. Highly recommended.

Drivesmart products
Old 24 October 2006, 10:12 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

These Micro Fuzion laser detector's are only 40 quid!

Does anyone know if they also pick up the gatzo's 'n that?

Cheers,

Acey.
Old 24 October 2006, 10:20 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

Just been on the Drivesmart website and i must say they also look very good! Safe to say there are a fair few to choose from then!

*Big dilemma*

Cheers,

Acey.
Old 24 October 2006, 10:43 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-o...hip-story.html
Old 24 October 2006, 10:46 AM
Bucko
Scooby Newbie

Acey give me a call on 07813346525,and you need to clear some of your old PMs,I tried to send you one,no space left.
I have a new road angel for £150.
Old 24 October 2006, 11:17 AM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

Hi Bucko,

Have cleard most of my PM's - Never knew there was a limit

Is it the New Road Angel 2?

Feel free to PM me. Can't ring at the minute cos hard at work (Well, I'm AT work anyway! )

Cheers,

Acey
Old 24 October 2006, 10:36 PM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

Thanks Bucko. Just been offered a New Road Angel 2 for 130 quid though!

Just spending the rest of tonight deciding on that or the Snooper S6-R.

Cheers,

Acey.
Old 25 October 2006, 12:41 AM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

Don't forget you have to pay for updates. Micro fuzion is free for life.
Old 25 October 2006, 09:41 AM
agkq62
Scooby Newbie

I've just bought a Talex Talex | Speed Camera Detection System They are selling ex-demos for about £100. So far I am very impressed, it does tell you the mobile camera sites but being gps there isn't necessarily a camera there.
Old 25 October 2006, 10:31 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Talex Lite is good, £65 and £49 for 3 years updates!
Old 25 October 2006, 11:21 PM
acey2005
Scooby Regular

A big thanks for all your help guys!

Was a hard decision in the end, but after being offered one for 130 quid, I then found a New Road Angel for 85 including postage! Thought it may be worth the risk. Ad sounded genuine enough and it's in great nick apparantly.

Cheers again!

Acey.
Old 25 October 2006, 11:57 PM
dbmica
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluerigster
Target LRC100 laser detector (jammer).
Mostly likely you know where all the stationary cameras are!. So protect yourself from the mobile ones instead by jamming the signal so no way of being fined. It also detects lasers as well so you can switch off the jammer.
hi m8. the jammer sounds great how do they?
will the cozzers know you are using one when when you drive by and they dont get a readin
Old 26 October 2006, 12:03 AM
madbint68
Scooby Regular

i have a snopper saphire its good too .. picks up all gps based cameras ya download the updates via pc free for 6mnths then 4.95 a month afterwards ... it cost 199.99 ... well worth its money
Old 26 October 2006, 01:20 AM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dbmica
hi m8. the jammer sounds great how do they?
will the cozzers know you are using one when when you drive by and they dont get a readin
Copied from there web site.
LRC 100 is an active laser detector and laser jammer. It transmits a series of laser light pulses that prevent a laser gun from calculating a vehicle’s speed. LRC 100’s receiver is designed so that it will not give false alarms, but when a laser gun is pointed at your vehicle, LRC 100 responds.

What happens? When LRC 100 acquires a laser gun, it immediately returns a 5-second jamming signal, gives the driver a visual warning, and emits a 100dB audible alert. For 5-seconds, the laser gun’s display will not produce a speed reading, more than enough time for the driver to check, and if necessary, adjust vehicle speed safely. The diode then shuts down, and the jammer acts as a passive detector for the next 60 seconds while you clear the laser speed trap. After recycling, the LRC 100 is ready to do its job again.

Laser guns typically use narrow spectral filters that eliminate interference from nonlaser sources, such as inexpensive light-emitting diodes (LEDs), headlights, and solar glints. LRC 100 uses an indium gallium arsenide laser diode similar to the one used in laser guns. This laser diode transmits a powerful laser signal at the same wavelength the laser gun’s are designed to receive. Due to the strength and timing of LRC 100’s signal, the laser gun ignores its reflections, and tries unsuccessfully to calculate the speed of the LRC 100’s signal

Once below the speed limit turn off the jammer allowing your speed to be calculated this throws away the attention to your car. On mobile camara vans being used other than the police there no need to switch the device off.
Most police officers other than highway patrol aren't aware of these devices so the chance of being caught a very low.
Old 26 October 2006, 06:08 AM
westtra
Scooby Regular

LRC 100 is an active laser detector and laser jammer. It transmits a series of laser light pulses that prevent a laser gun from calculating a vehicle’s speed. LRC 100’s receiver is designed so that it will not give false alarms, but when a laser gun is pointed at your vehicle, LRC 100 responds.

What happens? When LRC 100 acquires a laser gun, it immediately returns a 5-second jamming signal, gives the driver a visual warning, and emits a 100dB audible alert. For 5-seconds, the laser gun’s display will not produce a speed reading, more than enough time for the driver to check, and if necessary, adjust vehicle speed safely. The diode then shuts down, and the jammer acts as a passive detector for the next 60 seconds while you clear the laser speed trap. After recycling, the LRC 100 is ready to do its job again.

Laser guns typically use narrow spectral filters that eliminate interference from nonlaser sources, such as inexpensive light-emitting diodes (LEDs), headlights, and solar glints. LRC 100 uses an indium gallium arsenide laser diode similar to the one used in laser guns. This laser diode transmits a powerful laser signal at the same wavelength the laser gun’s are designed to receive. Due to the strength and timing of LRC 100’s signal, the laser gun ignores its reflections, and tries unsuccessfully to calculate the speed of the LRC 100’s signal

Once below the speed limit turn off the jammer allowing your speed to be calculated this throws away the attention to your car. On mobile camara vans being used other than the police there no need to switch the device off.
Most police officers other than highway patrol aren't aware of these devices so the chance of being caught a very low.
The last comment there is crap they know of all the different devices out there and most if they get a signal will pull you and check the car. If they find it bye bye licience.
Old 26 October 2006, 02:31 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by westtra
The last comment there is crap they know of all the different devices out there and most if they get a signal will pull you and check the car. If they find it bye bye licience.
Garage door opener and some new sports cars come with them fitted as a optional extra.
Proofing otherwise is very hard and I can't see PC plod in the panda car tuning in trying to pick up any strange untoward frequency wave lengths when on his way out for a bacon butty. If a highway patrol car/bike is out purely to catch people speeding (criminals) than yes his/hers laser detectors aren't going to work and that's the reason for them not being on constantly. I know of users which have been using them for 3 years or more and never caught it's all about the way you drive. Use them were and when needed, limit the use and limit the risk. The best use is against camera vans as there not going to pull you over, if you see a police car/bike your going to slow down anyway so the detector is switched off allowing their poxy quazer gun to work.

Last edited by bluerigster; 27 October 2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 26 October 2006, 09:12 PM
dbmica
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info blue