Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

any tv aerial installers in essex here?

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2006, 09:08 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any tv aerial installers in essex here?

i'm looking for a quote for a replacement aerial at home. we've held off getting a digital aerial as we're trying to finish other work in the house but are now ready to take the plunge. further details available on request (chelmsford)
Old 19 October 2006, 09:21 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

And Yell.com is a crap option because...???
Old 19 October 2006, 09:29 AM
Torpid
BANNED

Maybe he's looking to give the work to someone who posts here or wants personal recommendations? Either seems like a good plan.
Old 19 October 2006, 09:37 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

No i appreciate that, just seems rather on the "specific" side, given that i live less than 15 miles away from Richard, have just had some aerial work done and still consider the information i have to hand to be of zero value, given how local most people go for this sort of service. We'll see.
Old 19 October 2006, 11:30 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

My mate's girlfriend's dad runs a company called Aerialect based in Kelvedon, they could probably sort you out and I'm pretty sure they're not cowboys!
Old 19 October 2006, 03:57 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

torpid
thanks paul. i didn't want to call loads of people and potentially waste their time. i'm waiting for one installer i know to come back to me with a quote, but have made a note of the firm in kelvedon

just t satisfy telboy's curiousity - i intend to install a digital aerial to replace the old aerial we have. i have a specific route for the cable in mind and have already cabled all of the tv outlet points etc back to the same position as my home network in the garage. all of the incoming services (not utilities) come to this point and are then distributed throughout the house via the cabling i have installed...to cut a long story short, i would like to speak to someone who will give me clear and honest feedback rather than some potential drill-happy cowboy who will assume i know nothing about tv signal distribution. HTH I rarely use the yellow pages as i speak to so many people on sites every day so i either tend to carry out work myself or to ask someone i already know. i accept that sometimes the yellow pages/yell can be a very useful tool, but i am naturally i very suspicious person