Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Betting Question

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2006, 10:37 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Betting Question

I need some ganbling help

Every week I do an accumulator which requires 6 teams to all win for me to turn £1 into about £60-£100... I do this online through Stan James...

I was wondering is there a name of a kind of bet where I can predict the results but if only 3 of my 6 come in I still win something?
So essentially if all 6 come in I still win 60-100 but if only 3 come in I win whatever their combined odds are... Soemthing like that anyway

The options are:
Accumulator
Singles
Doubles
Trebles
Four Folds
Canadian
Lucky 31
Singles Stakesabout
Doubles Stakesabout

What on earth do they all mean???

Thanks people
Old 30 September 2006, 10:52 AM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

it's called a perm.

Go to your local betting shop and explain you want to pick six teams and combine them in trebles, will be 20 bets, so 20 times your stake plus your sixfold accumulator will be 21 bets. You could put different stakes on the accumulator to the treble, they don't have to be the same.

or.............

try a Heinz, 57 bets on 6 selections, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 fourfolds, 6 fivefolds and 1 sixfold.

will cost you 57 times your stake and as long as 2 teams win you will get a return, if 3 teams win you will get 3 doubles and treble, if 4 teams win you get 6 doubles, 4 trebles and an accumulator.

HTH
Old 30 September 2006, 11:13 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Originally Posted by amazinggrace
will cost you 57 times your stake
HTH
£57 a week on one football bet

Noooooooo, next thing I'll be drinking cheap vodka neat and hiding behind the couch everytime someone knocks on the door, shaking and dribbling
Old 30 September 2006, 11:45 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

6 teams
= 1 acc (aka 6 fold)
or 20 trebles (any 3 teams )

total bets = £21 (for a £1 stake)
Old 30 September 2006, 12:20 PM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

Originally Posted by Abdabz
£57 a week on one football bet

Noooooooo, next thing I'll be drinking cheap vodka neat and hiding behind the couch everytime someone knocks on the door, shaking and dribbling
Doh!

put it on for 10p = £5.70 or 30p = £17.10

Doesn't have to be to a £1 stake.

How much do you usually put on?
Old 30 September 2006, 12:35 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Normally my 6 fave clubs all win on the same weekend once or twice a season... (Man U, Coventry, Southport, Gretna, Hearts and St Helens RLFC)...
If they all come in the accumulator varies from £60-£100 for a £1 stake... It's just a bit of fun really. Every now and again I'll chuck on a 7th game for the hell of it but normally just keep to those 6...
I just got to thinking that there should be a way where for £1 I can put on the same bet but get a reduced return for a reduced number of winners... ie not have to commit to all 6 winning to get some return...
Seems I need to do what you guys are suggesting to facilitate this, so will have to just stick to cheap and cheerful accumulators...
Old 30 September 2006, 01:07 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Normally my 6 fave clubs all win on the same weekend once or twice a season... (Man U, Coventry, Southport, Gretna, Hearts and St Helens RLFC)......
Well you've got one win under your belt this w/e, just
Old 30 September 2006, 05:05 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

There isn't really any point in doing multiple perms at these stakes, the returns if only three came in would not even get you a pint. Rather than base your selections on your favourite teams, though, why not try and actually pick the right results from value priced matches?

A decent bet can be for Man U to be drawing at half time and winning at full time, happens quite often.

Also, try betting on half time draws, maybe five or six low scoring games all to draw at HT at around even money.......