Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2006, 03:22 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default For "Dog Boy"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/5375520.stm

Baby dies after Rottweiler attack Leicester Royal Infirmary where the baby died

A five-month-old girl has died after being attacked by two Rottweiler dogs in Leicester.
Emergency services were called to Stephenson Drive in the New Parks area of the city at 1500 GMT on Saturday.
The baby was in the living quarters of a pub called The Rocket which is kept by her parents.
A member of the family said one of the dogs dragged the child onto the roof. She was taken to the Leicester Royal Infirmary but died from her injuries.
Police have begun an investigation to try to find out what happened.

A police spokesman said officers would be seeking a destruction order for the dogs.

Moral of the story: Never leave your children alone with dangerous animals!
Old 24 September 2006, 03:54 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed Suresh
Old 24 September 2006, 04:27 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

yeah yeah yeah. When I was a little lad living in jamaica I had two dogs. They protected me and made sure no harm came my way. Wherever I went they would follow, and as a youngster my parents wouldnt be too concerned about me being out and about in the sticks as I had the two trustworthy dogs by my side.

There are a couple hundred dog attacks per year I presume. There are couple thousand human attacks I would also presume. Something tells me that you are alot more likely to get hit by a car, or hurt by a fellow human than a dog. All this proves is that because you werent brought up around the animals you dont really have any real knowledge on the subject.
Old 24 September 2006, 05:32 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Sadly, it is the owners who have caused this, by not training and educating the dogs properly, not having complete control of two big, strong dogs, and for obviously leaving a five month old baby unsupervised with two big, strong dogs. It is a terrible tragedy for the family and obviously the baby, but it's also a shame the dogs will be destroyed (which I think SHOULD happen, and voluntarily, not by order) as if the owners had perfromed their role properly, it would not have happened.
Old 24 September 2006, 06:15 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I kind of agree. If hte dog has caused injury then, sorry, but it has to be destroyed. BUT at the owners' expense, after all, it's down to them that the dog is the way it is.

Very sorry for the loss though

Dan