Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ABERDEEN - STREET RACING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2006, 09:29 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink ABERDEEN - STREET RACING!!!

Just back from a working week in Aberdeen. Went down to 'the beach' with a couple of work colleagues for tea (guy and a girl - neither of whom are into cars.) Came out, walking towards the city centre and was to be honest..........DELIGHTED........to see loads of cars racing from the lights. Dangerous, irresponsible, whatever, but I was loving it!!! Even the guy colleague of mine said he thought is was brilliant. The closest 'heat' was between a Golf VR6 and a Civic CRX!!! Couple of Evos but no scoobs.......

Keep up the entertainment boys - you brightened up my day!!!
Old 22 September 2006, 10:13 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope
Just back from a working week in Aberdeen. Went down to 'the beach' with a couple of work colleagues for tea (guy and a girl - neither of whom are into cars.) Came out, walking towards the city centre and was to be honest..........DELIGHTED........to see loads of cars racing from the lights. Dangerous, irresponsible, whatever, but I was loving it!!! Even the guy colleague of mine said he thought is was brilliant. The closest 'heat' was between a Golf VR6 and a Civic CRX!!! Couple of Evos but no scoobs.......

Being Aberdeen they probably weren't racing. Just last one to the pub pays for the drinks.
Old 22 September 2006, 11:01 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Probably chasing an awfy bonnie sheep !
Old 23 September 2006, 11:49 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Question

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope

Not much else to do up in the **** hole of a city I suppose...

I am suprised that anyone with the brains to type would be simple enough to try and "big up" such a chavvy childish, selfish, irresponsible, retardish and scummy pastime like this...

I just hope on day the law promotes the crushing of cars (and preferably drivers) who street race, so to stop this from taking place...
Old 23 September 2006, 12:11 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz

I am suprised that anyone with the brains to type would be simple enough to try and "big up" such a chavvy childish, selfish, irresponsible, retardish and scummy pastime like this...

I just hope on day the law promotes the crushing of cars (and preferably drivers) who street race, so to stop this from taking place...
Steady on mate and off your high horse...

How many of us haven't had a little blast off the lights against another car worth the effort?

Proper street Racing and the Traffic Light Grand Prix are worlds appart.
Old 23 September 2006, 02:04 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Just another jumped up scoobynet w@nker
Old 23 September 2006, 02:52 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yeah, I suppose the fact that I have letters after by name (not kn0b as in your case but qualifications and a member of a profesional institution) must make me simple. You daft tw@t.

I found it most amusing as a petrolhead, probably like most others on this form, even although several tw@ts, yourself included, deny it.
Old 23 September 2006, 08:42 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Ahhhhhhh the bouley I'm amazed there is anyone that still goes there with the ***** to break the speed limit. It's not like the old days - the cops come down hard on them and are nearly always patrolling down there. In many ways I think that's pretty moronic as all they will do is move the problem elsewhere and tbh, the bouley has big wide straight roads with good visibility such that you'd see anyone or anything in your path a mile off. It's probably the 'best' place for them (as such).
Old 23 September 2006, 08:50 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Governements shld build drag strips at the hotspots
Old 23 September 2006, 11:39 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Saxo Boy, are you from Aberdeen and read a book? Try "Cold Granite" by Stuart MacBride -- great read and some great Aberdonian humour. Even if you're not fre Aberdeen, it's got that Scot/NornIron sort of gag
Old 23 September 2006, 11:48 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'm from edinburgh but I've spent some time up there as my girlfriends parents live in Aberdeen as do some of my mates. It's a lovely city - my favourite Scottish city after Edinburgh Very depressing in the wet though (dark grey granite)
Old 24 September 2006, 12:22 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Hence the ttle of the book. The author does convey the "beauty" of Aberdeen's wetness/slushness but by god it is a great read and the cracks are first class. I'd highly recommend it to your g/f and her parents!
Old 24 September 2006, 02:29 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

The Bouley used to be terrific, preffered the stretch along the beach myself, easy take 4 cars abreast for most of it

I'm old and sensible now tho so have to say, tsk, tsk, ridiculous, wouldn't have seen it my day etc etc

If anybody wants to read any more about, just google "Bouley bashers"...

I agree with Saxo as well, at least if they're there, you know where they are and you're not unwrapping them from trees in the surrounding countryside. Most of the time, people are parked up with the occasional drag at the lights. Certainly not anything tooo bad.
The people further north in Peterhead and Fraserburgh are far more dangerous when let loose on the country roads.
Old 24 September 2006, 05:00 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Ah, a common practise in most seaside towns in my experience. I'm originally from Bristol and this would occur most nights along most sea fronts on the Avon and Somerset coast, with Weston Super Mare being the main event....... Stopped being my thing by about 19, though......
Old 24 September 2006, 09:45 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

When I was first up in Aberdeen I took a feamle colleague to show her the Bouley bashers. Even had a go at hand brake turns through the gap just before the roundabout.

We were just about pishing ourselves .

All harmless fun - apart from the off duty copper who killed a young girl about a year ago (mowed her down as he ran a red light at about 60 - or something like that) - So AbdAbz has got a point .

Last edited by jasey; 24 September 2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 24 September 2006, 10:30 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=385662006

5 years for killing a 16 year old.

Maybe he tried the old "I was testing out my car's capabilities your honour" bent copper's defence
Old 24 September 2006, 10:31 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
Ah, a common practise in most seaside towns in my experience. I'm originally from Bristol and this would occur most nights along most sea fronts on the Avon and Somerset coast, with Weston Super Mare being the main event....... Stopped being my thing by about 19, though......
Indeed this is true, in fact when the old codgers get up to this sort of thing in Brighton, the local council even close the Promenade & publicise it

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/...eed-trials.htm