Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay disbute - urgent advice please

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2006, 09:21 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay disbute - urgent advice please

Ok first of all i'll appologise as i've no doubt this has been done before plus also it is a long winded post - but any help greatly received.

Ok i bought some wheels off ebay and on the advert it stated that postage was 'FREE' so after i won the item i sent my address where to post it to.

later on mi got a message off someone saying that they were using someone elses account and i would have to pick them up and do so before weekend as they were going to University - but this is 200 miles away from where i live.

i pointed out and said that their advert stated 'Free postage' they replied and said a mistake had been made.

Ok i acceppted a genuine mistake had been made and offered to pay half the postage - i really couldn't have been fairer than that.

So i got a price off a courier (thanks S-netters) and we agreed to that.

Last night i got home to get a rather blunt and somewhat threatening e-mail off the person who owns the ebay account stating that it was not their fault and the advert said pick up the wheels (it bloody well said free postage )

he also said I would have to pay the whole postage or he could refund my money less Ebay and Paypal charges which ammounted to 16 quid which iadmit is not a lot but it was his mistake - why the hell should i be the one who loses out here.

The thing is i was that angry i left him negative feedback - which i admit was a silly thing to do as i'm sure he'll do the same and could backfire on me.

What can i do here? do i report it to Paypal or just swallow it and take a hit for 16 quid.

he really was quite nasty in his mail to be honest.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thanks
Old 22 September 2006, 09:24 AM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Just follow the ebay / paypal official complaint procedures and you will get your money back, it's as easy as that.
Old 22 September 2006, 09:27 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that i will.

thing is i'm so mad at myself for leaving negative feedback (cos i was blazing at the time) i know he'll do teh same and it will f**k things up for me.

what a silly thing i did
Old 22 September 2006, 09:30 AM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

You can both mutually agree to withdraw comments but not sure how to do it.
Old 22 September 2006, 09:37 AM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its his fault that the mistake was made, not yours. If he does not wish to send them to you free as stated then a FULL refund must be given, boll*x to this 'minus paypal and ebay fees' etc. Raise a claim thru Ebay/Paypal straight away and you will have no probs.
Old 22 September 2006, 09:54 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

He changed the terms of the deal after the auction ended? Therefore you're perfectly within your rights to tell him to go and twist. Put a complaint in against him.
Old 22 September 2006, 09:56 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

As above, dispute it through PayPal and he'll have the funds suspended immedsiately pending investigation. Unl;ess he can prove he has sent them you'll get your money back although it may take a couple of weeks.

If you go to 'my ebay' and report 'item not received' they will probably cancel any negative feedback he has left for you.
Old 22 September 2006, 10:11 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Ok i've done the Paypal thing cheers!!!
Old 22 September 2006, 10:12 AM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by RRH
As above, dispute it through PayPal and he'll have the funds suspended immedsiately
& do it quickly M8, because as soon as their paypal account is empty (ie the withdrawal has been completed) paypal can't get it back & won't be able to refund you. (I'm still owed money for a non despatch with a successful paypal outcome but the guy only had a tiny amount in his account).
Old 22 September 2006, 10:38 AM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVECHAPS
& do it quickly M8, because as soon as their paypal account is empty (ie the withdrawal has been completed) paypal can't get it back & won't be able to refund you. (I'm still owed money for a non despatch with a successful paypal outcome but the guy only had a tiny amount in his account).
Agreed - do it quick! I had the same myself, and now given up any chance of getting the money.
Old 22 September 2006, 10:44 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GE90
Agreed - do it quick! I had the same myself, and now given up any chance of getting the money.
Already done it chaps