Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

SUV/MPV/4x4 headlights.........

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2006, 10:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry SUV/MPV/4x4 headlights.........

Anyone else noticed, now the darker nights are coming back, firstly, just how many of these appalling things are on the roads? And secondly, how many of them have really annoying dazzling headlights?

It seems that their lights are set using the same beamsetter that OUR cars are, but, being higher off the ground, are throwing further on dip, with the result being dazzle. Both from infront and behind you

Wouldn't think it would be rocket science for the MoT to take the height of the lights into account, but they so obviously don't

Alcazar
Old 19 September 2006, 10:37 PM
Pete The Biker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find that all the new fangled hi intensity lights are exactly that - high intensity retina-burners...............

Pete
Old 20 September 2006, 04:44 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never have this problem, but I sit up high in my Jeep at the same height as the other "dazzlers". Maybe you should buy a taller car? My justification for an SUV is that I live in Texas, and felt the need to go with the crowd...... Can't say I'd enjoy driving, or want to drive it in London, however, cool headlights or not!
Old 20 September 2006, 09:57 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
I never have this problem, but I sit up high in my Jeep at the same height as the other "dazzlers". Maybe you should buy a taller car? My justification for an SUV is that I live in Texas, and felt the need to go with the crowd...... Can't say I'd enjoy driving, or want to drive it in London, however, cool headlights or not!
Texas Good grief.......I reckon they WOULD be relevant there!

Pete: I'm not talking high intensity lights, just standard halogens.

Alcazar