Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Neighbours upstairs

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2006, 11:01 AM
ScottyScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbours upstairs

I bought a house in April, its part of a four plex 2 up and 2 down. We have our own door whereas the two upstairs have to share the front door. Anyway when we moved in we had to sped £700 to fix some wetrot in the floor beams. I noticed a few weeks ago that the overflow pipe belonging to the flat above us was continously leaky, not wanting to spend more money on wet rot i tried to get intouch with upstairs so they could get it sorted. I never did get in touch with them, I dont think they are the pillar of the community and seem to never leave the house and have some dodgy characters visiting. The flat upstairs is council owned so two weeks ago i phoned them and they sent someone out. It took them 5 days to get hold of upstairs and when i checked on thursday last week the leak had stopped. Now over the weekend it has started again, and i am starting to get a tad annoyed as they never answer their door. Phoned the council again this morning and they basically said they cant spend their whole week trying to getting hold of them again.

If i am right because upstairs is council property, the council have the right if they dont answer the door to make a forced entry. Is that correct?

Also do you think i will be able to get some of the money back i paid to get the wetrot fixed as im sure this may of been the cause as i cant tell how long it had been leaking for.
Old 18 September 2006, 11:15 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Just knock on Upstairs door, and say your looking to get sorted. You'll speak to them straight away

You should, I would have though be able to claim off the council. After all it's their property, and their responsibility to keep the property in repair. More so if you own the property below.

Councils hate law suits. threaten to take them to court for your repair costs and compensation. Problem should be solved pretty quickly.

I used that to get some tree's cut back that were overlooking my mothers property. They didn't want to know until I phoned back saying a branch has fallen off and just missed me. If one hits me or my mother I'll sue. 2 days later all tree's were cut back
Old 18 September 2006, 11:25 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

add a bit of hosepipe to the overflow pipe, feed it back in through one of their windows and I'm sure they'll have it fixed in no time.
Yve
Old 18 September 2006, 11:31 AM
ScottyScoob
Scooby Regular

Personally i`d just like them to F*** off, they sleep through the day when the rest of us are all away working, then through the night it sounds like they are moving rooms about with a JCB, normally i just shrug it off as when i was younger in rented flats i had parties but now its gone on to long, might just ASBO their *** or hopefully the council will get fed up and kick them out.