Boycott Ryanair

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2006, 11:01 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boycott Ryanair

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/0...eut/index.html

Filthy, greedy weasels trying steal out tax money.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:16 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'll join your boycott, but i doubt they will notice as I never flew with them anyway
Old 05 September 2006, 11:17 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

does say if they win they will give the money to charity in the article? Seems as if they are doing it to make a point - just can't see what it is really!

Andy
Old 05 September 2006, 11:23 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

They were (are) just doing it for publicity. I saw the press conference with a Churchill look-a-like.

Steve
Old 05 September 2006, 11:35 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

I would if they weren't flying me out to Riga on Friday...!
Old 06 September 2006, 07:14 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Pikey airline, I'd rather pay more to fly with a decent airline than have to fly with them.

Consider me added to the boycott.
Old 06 September 2006, 07:18 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
Pikey airline, I'd rather pay more to fly with a decent airline than have to fly with them.
I'll second that
Old 06 September 2006, 10:44 AM
Nick100
Scooby Regular

Ryanair say they are going to allow you to use mobiles on their planes from 2008.
That will be another reason to boycott them !! God help the person who sits next to me on a plane yabbering on a phone for hours on end
Old 06 September 2006, 10:55 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Have only flown with them the once, and was good value I thought.

Think the guy ( O'Leary) has every right to be peed off with the government with their confused and well over the top security measures after the last wave of arrests.

Is it just me that remembers the absolute farce surrounding the cancelled flights and long queues at the airports?
Old 06 September 2006, 10:56 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

sadly they are the only airline which can get us to where we need to go in Ireland.

I strongly disagree with a lot of their sneaky tactics. This baggage thing is a case ('scuse the pun) in point. They make SUCH a song and dance at this end when you are outbound. But coming home, you could bring the entire contents of the hotel room and they would'nt blink an eyelid.

Flying BMI baby tomorrow, just hope the pilots have abandonded their strike action.
Yve
Old 06 September 2006, 11:19 AM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by Iwan

Consider me added to the boycott.
There is nothing pikey about Ryanair at all, I've had better flights with them than many major carriers. If it's the people you are flying with that's the issue then it's the places you are going too; stop going to pikey resorts.
Old 06 September 2006, 11:33 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

They make SUCH a song and dance at this end when you are outbound. But coming home, you could bring the entire contents of the hotel room and they would'nt blink an eyelid
Yup! Three of us flew to Sweden with them, we had to pay 40 odd quid extra on the way out cos two of the bags were overweight yet on the way back we rearranged exactly the same stuff between all our bags including hand luggage which didn't even get weighed, no extra charge!
Old 06 September 2006, 11:40 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

O'Leary has been acting like a petulent child ever since the baggage restrictions. Many airlines suffered, BA lost 10x the amount that Ryanair did but he is the only one saying he'll sue the Government for loss of earnings. He's got a bee in his bonnet because his business model doesn't agree with the current policy.

I actually quite like the smaller baggage allowance, quite frankly I am sick of people taking everything but the kitchen sink onboard planes and the accompanying free for all as soon as the seatbeat signs turn off. More than a few times some heffer has hit me on the back or shoulder while struggling with an obscenely heavy bag from the overhead lockers.

And mobile phones on planes would be a nightmare. ("Hiya.. we're just flying over you house now, can you see us? etc, as well as the incessant beeping of SMS when you are trying to have a nap.)