how to date advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2006, 02:46 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to date advice.

any serious advisors here?

i have been single for a few years now, and trying online dating (COFF COFF)

except for the few russian brides(DON'T EVEN GO THERE!!!!!),which even though are attractive i got confused with their 2 page long emails

i have now kind of fallen in love with someone (uk based) but how can mr below average joe bloggs pull a nice girl .

(btw don't even dare try.......that fat bloke at a pc gag)
Old 05 September 2006, 04:16 AM
Akuma
Scooby Regular

Does the lady know how you feel?

Have you met her in person or is this 'net based?

Give us a little more to go on and I'm sure you'll get lots of useful (and not so useful!) advice!

Sayonara!

Akuma
Old 05 September 2006, 04:23 AM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

What you have to do mate is get out on a night out and talk to girls. Look your best and be confident almost arogant. Thats what I do. Im not the best looking of blokes im only 5 8" so not tall and I seem to do ok.

Confidence is the way forward.

Scott
Old 05 September 2006, 08:21 AM
MY00PPP
Scooby Regular

echo the above mate. confidence is the key. A bit like dogs smelling fear...woman have this too (in a nice way).

get yourself a new shirt/jeans/shoes whatever floats your boat and make sure they make you look good. If funds allow go for some nice designer gear.

next, show a genuine interest in her. not sure if you work with the girl in question or whatever but if you can 'bump' into her ask her about her weekend, compliment her and be a nice guy. basically show enough of an interest in her that she recognises this...then back off!.

from expereince a pretty/attractive/sexy girl will have heard all the moves before, however having to do a little chasing herself should keep her on her toes. Email, again if you work together, is a great tool. just keep it friendly and nice. best way to test the water for the next step is to ask her out during the workign day. email along the lines of 'have to pop to town at lunch to pay a cheque in at the bank.. you fancy a trip out of the office?'. etc etc. once this barrier is broken, then next time friday lunch beer is a natural next step. from there who knows.

if the girl does not work with you and you just see her around... bit more tricky but intermediate level 'pulling' is not that hard. bump into her (if you know where she works) not advocating stalking the girl as most find this a little scary if not illigal. same thing, mention you have seen her around and would love to meet up some time? don't be appologetic, just striaght out with it after some small talk 'haven't I seen you at the x bar, how long you worked in boots etc etc'. confidence is king!.

if you only know her from bar x its a hit or miss job so go straight to the point. if you see her out with a group of mates, you need to get her on her own... if she goes to the bar, the toilet somehow get her away from the mates as this will make it a whole lot easier...you don't want to get chatting with a group of magners drinking girlies listening in do you!. straight to the point time again... 'seen you around, would love to meet up...any chance of your numer *nice smile*.

remember it's a numbers game. sure brad pit gets knock backs. try walking down the street and smilling at a couple of woman as you go...even the top of the league ones will smile back and it will do you confidence the world of good.

good luck and there of of course plenty more fish in the sea.

Cheers
Rich
Old 05 September 2006, 08:55 AM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

It's going to sound harsh; but get off the internet, you need to meet real people!

The most difficult thing in your situation is to meet other single people and gain some confidence. Meeting people at work is an option, but crap if it goes bad. Bars and clubs are ok, but everyone is in groups and often 'on-the-pull', so gaurds are up.

I would recommend getting involved in an activity outside work; gym, evening class or something. Speed-dating is a good chance to chat to a girl 1-on-1, learn to think on your feet and if you do screw it up you get another chance 3 minutes later anyway .

Best of luck

PS. Had a look at your profile, are you really a pimp
Old 05 September 2006, 08:56 AM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

can i recommend arranging to meet the lady at the Manchester Muppet meet... i met my husband at the Cardiff meet last year
Old 05 September 2006, 09:01 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Kinky
can i recommend arranging to meet the lady at the Manchester Muppet meet... i met my husband at the Cardiff meet last year
A stark warning to us all!
Old 05 September 2006, 09:35 AM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Confidence is the way forward but not too confident, there's nothing worse than a guy chatting me up that loves him self and thinks he can pull anyone. Smile a lot too!!.. Just be yourself but add a bit more confidence, don't be scared to talk to women, put yourself out there!!..

Hope it all works out!!

Carla..
Old 05 September 2006, 09:38 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Don't smile too much....they might think you're nice
Old 05 September 2006, 09:46 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

And if you're so nerdy looking you can't get it for free.... pay for it....

or

Get with a Goth........ they're not usually into looks......
Old 05 September 2006, 09:47 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
And if you're so nerdy looking you can't get it for free.... pay for it....

or

Old 05 September 2006, 09:49 AM
Karl 227
BANNED

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
FPMSL
Old 05 September 2006, 09:52 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Rioja :
It's going to sound harsh; but get off the internet, you need to meet real people!

Be careful.... I met my husband through the net. He's definately REAL !
Yve
Old 05 September 2006, 10:18 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

be confident and smile. Although me being a 6ft2 adonis women generally fall at my feet (cant find an anti perspirant that works)

Seriously though (I dont have bo) confidence and a smile is the key, just be yourself (if your funny thats even better as they say if you can make a girl laugh, you can get her into bed)
Old 05 September 2006, 10:44 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
be confident and smile. Although me being a 6ft2 adonis women generally fall at my feet (cant find an anti perspirant that works)

Seriously though (I dont have bo) confidence and a smile is the key, just be yourself (if your funny thats even better as they say if you can make a girl laugh, you can get her into bed)
Yes but you dont really want her laughing in bed now do you
Old 05 September 2006, 10:49 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Women actually liked been spoken to as a normal person.... strange but true. If you can strike up a normally conversation and show a bit of wit from time to time you're hlaf way there. If however you think you need to come out with chat up lines and male bravado bull**** to impress a woman chances are she'll think you're a sleazy ******!
Old 05 September 2006, 10:50 AM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Women actually liked been spoken to as a normal person.... strange but true. If you can strike up a normally conversation and show a bit of wit from time to time you're hlaf way there. If however you think you need to come out with chat up lines and male bravado bull**** to impress a woman chances are she'll think you're a sleazy ******!
Very true!!..
Old 05 September 2006, 10:52 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by miss*scoobygav555*
Very true!!..
thanks. I know
Old 05 September 2006, 10:53 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

I tried the naked Lynx man thing.

Absolute blollocks
Old 05 September 2006, 10:57 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by Rioja
Absolute rubbish! Met my gf of 3 years online, not dating, in a chat room.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:01 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

PS. Had a look at your profile, are you really a pimp

no i'm not really a pimp

and yes ....its from a dating site.... so its only emails at the mo.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:08 AM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Absolute rubbish! Met my gf of 3 years online, not dating, in a chat room.
I'm really happy for you, and for all people that have met genuine, honest people on-line

But I have friends; both male and female, with several horror stories. Some right freaks I can tell you (them, not my friends!)
Old 05 September 2006, 11:08 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Forgive me for being cynical, but I would imagine it very hard to get feelings for anyone through emails. I've never done any sort of online dating, but I know when I first meet/talk/see/feel (not literally....well a bit) a woman, is when I know if I'll like her or not.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:12 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
Yes but you dont really want her laughing in bed now do you
Depends where my tongue is
Old 05 September 2006, 11:13 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

You'll meet freaks anywhere, not just online. At least if you chat to someone online before you meet them you get some idea of what they are like.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:15 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
You'll meet freaks anywhere, not just online. At least if you chat to someone online before you meet them you get some idea of what they are like.
cant agree.... I can come across as a really nice guy in emails but I'm a right ****** in real life!
Old 05 September 2006, 11:16 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
cant agree.... I can come across as a really nice guy in emails but I'm a right ****** in real life!
Not at all.................
Old 05 September 2006, 11:16 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

Im in a very similar boat to you. Ive been divorced and now ive been single for a while. Ive been on dating sites and met a really nice girl from germany. We met up had fun but realised it wasnt going to work out, so now were really good friends.
I realised the other day, that there is this girl at work, who is really nice, we get on very well but i dont know much about her. I started to get an attraction to her and didnt have the confadence to ask her untill sat night.
She told me she liked other blokes and i had no chance. Now im a bit worried ive lost her friendship but which is what i really didnt want.
Ive now opened my eyes thanks to a very good friend of mine and realising there is a whole world out out there and time will bring happiness and dont go searching.
So now im just going to wait.
I hope you find the girl of your dreams, she will come along soon.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:18 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by watto52
Im in a very similar boat to you. Ive been divorced and now ive been single for a while. Ive been on dating sites and met a really nice girl from germany. We met up had fun but realised it wasnt going to work out, so now were really good friends.
I realised the other day, that there is this girl at work, who is really nice, we get on very well but i dont know much about her. I started to get an attraction to her and didnt have the confadence to ask her untill sat night.
She told me she liked other blokes and i had no chance. Now im a bit worried ive lost her friendship but which is what i really didnt want.
Ive now opened my eyes thanks to a very good friend of mine and realising there is a whole world out out there and time will bring happiness and dont go searching.
So now im just going to wait.
I hope you find the girl of your dreams, she will come along soon.
Men are only friends with women as they hope in the future there could be more to it. FACT!
Old 05 September 2006, 11:18 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

i have a very low self esteem, but i believe i am witty and funny and very honest.

but its always the.....i want to be friends thing..................

btw guys.... don't believe the girls play with their hair thing is interested in you....everyone i chat to play with their hair...it means nothing.....they probably got nits

Quick Reply: how to date advice.