Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Removal from Debt collectors records

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2006, 07:55 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removal from Debt collectors records

The house I now own was at one point rented by a guy who quite obviously owes thousands of pounds to a lot of people, every month I get a new letter from a debt collecting agency threatening all sorts to this guy, now its starting to really pi55 me off all these letters arriving, god knows it may even be harming my credit rating, how the hell do I stop these letters arriving???

Andy
Old 25 August 2006, 08:06 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

This happened to me, as the previous owner obviously had some sort of company registered at his home address. I initally started sending them back (unopened) with "Addressee Unknown" but they still came. So in the end, I opened them and phoned the companies to tell them that the person no longer lived here and to stop sending them. Suprisingly that worked and within a few weeks they dried up.

As for your credit rating, it probably wont be effected. You can check by getting your credit report from http://www.equifax.com/

Steve
Old 25 August 2006, 08:20 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
I initally started sending them back (unopened) with "Addressee Unknown" but they still came.
That policy works better if you tape the letter to a 9 inch 7Nm concrete block and send it back without paying the postage, the blocks can be bought from your local builder's merchant for under a quid!

Last edited by OllyK; 25 August 2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 25 August 2006, 08:27 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

lol...olly, steve ,ive been doing the same as you did, but all that seems to happen is that they pass on the debt to a new company, got one yesterday from a company called tower investigations, Ive used equifax to check myself out but theres nothing untoward against me, but its the property address thats bothering me.
Old 25 August 2006, 08:30 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy McCord
got one yesterday from a company called tower investigations, Ive used equifax to check myself out but theres nothing untoward against me, but its the property address thats bothering me.
Hello

Most systems do not care about the address only current residents and even then these days it is against the person rather than others living in the house.

Unfortunately all you can do is reply to each letter with a phone call. It will dry up.

Steve
Old 25 August 2006, 09:15 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

ok cheers steve..