Anyone own a reptile on here?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2006, 11:08 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own a reptile on here?

Just wondering how many on SN have a reptile as a pet

I have a Royal Python who's almost 2 years old, had him just over a year now, good eater and growing well up to now, touch wood

I quite like other reptiles but don't know if I could commit to the time and care some of them need.
Old 15 August 2006, 07:10 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

I remember a thread about someone who'd put together a home for one, I think it was in the eaves of his house. The thread also dealt with the issue of constipation and I do recall pics....
Old 15 August 2006, 07:52 AM
Ipkis' Wifey
Scooby Regular

i've kept all sorts over the years, had several iggy's (all resuced), bred Cornsnakes, a boa constrictor and i've baby sat 2 18' burmese pythons for a while to name but a few...

would love to keep snakes again, they are soooooooooo cute

you're lucky to have a Royal who eats well, some of them can be very difficult

do you have any pics?
Old 15 August 2006, 08:36 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

The missus is a Dragon, does that count
Old 15 August 2006, 09:27 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ipkis' Wifey
i've kept all sorts over the years, had several iggy's (all resuced), bred Cornsnakes, a boa constrictor and i've baby sat 2 18' burmese pythons for a while to name but a few...

would love to keep snakes again, they are soooooooooo cute

you're lucky to have a Royal who eats well, some of them can be very difficult

do you have any pics?
This is one of him about 6 months ago, he is about 26-27" in length now, got a new bigger viv for him too, but he isnt in that yet

Old 15 August 2006, 09:32 AM
jamieerst
Scooby Regular

Remind me NEVER to come round to your house again steve...!!

Pictures look great, but i am petrified of snakes, especially after Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom!!!

J

Old 15 August 2006, 09:35 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah but like in Indiana Jones, he is kept behind glass too, if you look closely in Indiana you can see Indy's reflection in the glass when he falls into the snake pit

LOL he is locked away in the bedroom, and is really harmless, he struck me once over xmas, but then I had just been eating a load of chicken dipper things, so he thought my fingers were food

Need to get some more pictures of him really

Im sure when Donna wakes up she will post a few more
Old 15 August 2006, 09:37 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by jamieerst
Remind me NEVER to come round to your house again steve...!!

Pictures look great, but i am petrified of snakes, especially after Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom!!!

J

Raiders of the lost ark was snakes ............ Temple of doom was bugs and bats
Old 15 August 2006, 09:39 AM
Ipkis' Wifey
Scooby Regular

Sonic - he's beautiful

Looking forward to more piccies later
Old 15 August 2006, 10:02 AM
Lee_1075
Scooby Regular

Ive got a male and female Veiled Chameleon, best pets ive ever had!. They are remarkable reptiles and fasanting to watch, seeing the eyes being moved around seperatly not missing anything. Then they see an insect, both eyes line up like they were trained snipers, then they shoot their tounges out to catch the insect without ever missing even over long distances. Also when they change their colours and body shape to show their moods is very intresting, its a plain myth when people think they do this to blend into the background.
Old 15 August 2006, 10:12 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I had 2 garter snakes. They mated/bred twice but the babies were always stillborn.

I don't keep pets any more though, I don't like the idea of keeping an animal locked up for my own amusement.
Old 15 August 2006, 11:03 AM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

I've kept various types of snakes over the years, from garter snakes up to a breeding pair of royal pythons, the male of which would strike at practically anything that moved including my daughter! I think he was hinting that he'd rather hunt down his own food rather than have it provided for him.

I've also had up to 5 iguanas at any one time. Two of those were rescued (one from a pet shop) and brought all sorts of problems with them. One of them was a rather strange bluey colour, which apparently was because the previous owners had the UV light in the wrong place in the vivarium. It was too close to him and it had burnt him quite badly and he didn't have anywhere to escape to. He did recover in time although not fully. The one from the pet shop had never been handled and could inflict some nasty injuries. She never completely calmed down although she wasn't a threat to the other iggies. It was people she didn't seem to like. Her mate died in the pet shop before they could be rescued, though, which may give a clue as to how they'd been treated
Old 15 August 2006, 11:09 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Goths............
Old 15 August 2006, 11:12 AM
loony toon
Scooby Regular

I got a nize Leopard Gecko, had him since he was a baby now and he is one of the biggest i have seen
Old 15 August 2006, 11:32 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DCI GH, I always get in trouble on Lizard related thread for comments such as yours, and I state categorically that lizard/snake owners do not live in small northern or welsh towns, wear heavy metal t shirts, drink cider or smoke roll ups, its just not true, I have been put straight on this many times.
Old 15 August 2006, 11:36 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by J4CKO
DCI GH, I always get in trouble on Lizard related thread for comments such as yours, and I state categorically that lizard/snake owners do not live in small northern or welsh towns, wear heavy metal t shirts, drink cider or smoke roll ups, its just not true, I have been put straight on this many times.
You make NO mention of jet black hair, model skulls, crosses, black clothes, red candles or eyeliner!

Am I then to presume that these items are indeed of a gothic/snake owning nature?

Oh and edited to include a freezer full of newborn mice.................... classy eh!.....
Old 15 August 2006, 11:43 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Oh and edited to include a freezer full of newborn mice.................... classy eh!.....

Nowt wrong with that, and I dont have a snake, mmm crunchy.
Old 15 August 2006, 01:38 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

You make NO mention of jet black hair, model skulls, crosses, black clothes, red candles or eyeliner!

Am I then to presume that these items are indeed of a gothic/snake owning nature?

JFYI, I am not a goth, I have blonde hair, own no models of skulls or crosses, I don't wear black that often, no red candles and I do wear eye liner occasionally

My mice in the freezer aren't newborn either

You're just classing us all as Stereotypical. So what if someone's a goth and decides to own an exotic pet, as long as he/she looks after it there's nothing wrong in that
Old 15 August 2006, 01:44 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by D.K.1
JFYI, I am not a goth, I have blonde hair, own no models of skulls or crosses, I don't wear black that often, no red candles and I do wear eye liner occasionally

My mice in the freezer aren't newborn either

You're just classing us all as Stereotypical. So what if someone's a goth and decides to own an exotic pet, as long as he/she looks after it there's nothing wrong in that
Revenge of the Goths.....

Why do you own 'exotic' pets anyway? cruel as **** to keep them in a feckin fish tank (and that includes a quick slither around your bedsit) and it's not as if they actually do anything!?!?......... ......Bit like a goth I suppose?

You sad ******................
Old 15 August 2006, 01:47 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, let me see, more pics of Prince...

IW, He is lovely and I know I am lucky that he eats well, But I was told recently that as he gets older he may become more fussy

The last two times I tried to feed him out of the viv he wouldn't eat, but that may be because he was in a new environment and the kids may have been making too much noise, so last night I fed him in the viv and he took the mouse immediately, looks like he just needs time to settle in here
Old 15 August 2006, 01:49 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Revenge of the Goths.....

Why do you own 'exotic' pets anyway? cruel as **** to keep them in a feckin fish tank (and that includes a quick slither around your bedsit) and it's not as if they actually do anything!?!?......... ......Bit like a goth I suppose?

You sad ******................
They are classed as exotic pets.

It isn't cruel when you think of the hardship they can endure out in the wild, he is well looked after is safe and warm and has everything he needs.

I do not live in a bedsit, far from it LOL

Not revenge of the goths as I have stated befoer I am not a goth
Old 15 August 2006, 01:55 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

They are classed as exotic pets.

It isn't cruel when you think of the hardship they can endure out in the wild, he is well looked after is safe and warm and has everything he needs.

I do not live in a bedsit, far from it LOL

Not revenge of the goths as I have stated befoer I am not a goth
So there we have it then............ "he is well looked after is safe and warm and has everything he needs".............

You remind me of this other crazy b1tch............. ..........."Prince..." a feckin snake called "Prince..." you Goths are a CRAZY fcuked up bunch of animal abusing nutters....

Old 15 August 2006, 01:59 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

So there we have it then............ "he is well looked after is safe and warm and has everything he needs".............

You remind me of this other crazy b1tch............. ..........."Prince..." a feckin snake called "Prince..." you Goths are a CRAZY fcuked up bunch of animal abusing nutters....

Old 15 August 2006, 02:04 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Pete's caught another who took the bait
Old 15 August 2006, 02:12 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I am not a goth.

I named him prince because he is a royal python. Can you think of a better name then DCI Gene cvnt?

I am not a crazy bitch and if you don't like reptiles or own one, then why bother replying on this thread? As you have no substance or value you can add to this thread go **** yourself
Old 15 August 2006, 02:13 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

I'm not a goth either For your information, my ex and I used to make and sell falconry furniture. We also used to sell frozen food for various animals, including chicks, mice and rats. I used to breed rats for pets shops (had about 400 at one time in my house ) and ferrets. And, more importantly, I used to look after mistreated small birds of prey and small animals for a zoo.
Old 15 August 2006, 02:21 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I am not a goth.

I named him prince because he is a royal python. Can you think of a better name then DCI Gene cvnt?

I am not a crazy bitch and if you don't like reptiles or own one, then why bother replying on this thread? As you have no substance or value you can add to this thread go **** yourself
You Goths are sooooooo bad tempered!

Look lady, and I used that word in the loosest of terms, it's a feckin SNAKE!... not a ***** cat or puppy dog.... it's a FECKIN SNAKE! and why-oh-why would ANYBODY want (or in their right mind - there's a clue there ) to give it a feckin name!?!?!?!?!?!

Here's a name for it........ "UUUrrrggghhhh"

as in "UUUrrrggghhhh there's a fecking snake in my house..... kids get me a spade"

Look it's your bed sit so it's up to you what you do, but FFS call the environmental health and get it removed asap.........

Goths! when will they EVER learn...........
Old 15 August 2006, 02:23 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

You Goths are sooooooo bad tempered!

Look lady, and I used that word in the loosest of terms, it's a feckin SNAKE!... not a ***** cat or puppy dog.... it's a FECKIN SNAKE! and why-oh-why would ANYBODY want (or in their right mind - there's a clue there ) to give it a feckin name!?!?!?!?!?!

Here's a name for it........ "UUUrrrggghhhh"

as in "UUUrrrggghhhh there's a fecking snake in my house..... kids get me a spade"

Look it's your bed sit so it's up to you what you do, but FFS call the environmental health and get it removed asap.........

Goths! when will they EVER learn...........
Trouser Snake?
Old 15 August 2006, 02:24 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by The Rani
I'm not a goth either For your information, my ex and I used to make and sell falconry furniture. We also used to sell frozen food for various animals, including chicks, mice and rats. I used to breed rats for pets shops (had about 400 at one time in my house ) and ferrets. And, more importantly, I used to look after mistreated small birds of prey and small animals for a zoo.
It's a Goth invasion force!.....

Dude your house must of smelt REALLY bad.................. that's probably why your ex is now your ex?
Old 15 August 2006, 02:25 PM
Ipkis' Wifey
Scooby Regular

i AM a goth and have been for over 20 years... and it has nothing to do with the pets i keep...

i am not moody or bad tempered...

now can we get back on topic please?

Quick Reply: Anyone own a reptile on here?