Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

reclaim bank charges

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2006, 06:19 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reclaim bank charges

sorry if this has been posted, thought there might be a few people interested in this site
www.consumercorner.co.uk/

It is a forum that has been set up to help and advice people on a wide variety of consumer issues, one of the main topics at the moment is reclaiming bank and credit card charges, together we have helped reclaim over £100,000 in 4 months.
all the advice and help you need is there,

take a look over it excellent site and community, please register so they can help you.

all the letters FAQ's templates are there free of charge. it is a none profit site just intended to help others.

thanks in advance.
and i do not wish to upset anyone on here, it certainly has no intention of taking members away from this site, just trying to help your members out.
Old 10 August 2006, 06:41 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/claiming-b...s-t534665.html

i'm going to give this a go, went through the last 2 years bank statments,and the charges add up to £1897.67p its worth a go
Shy bairns get nowt

Mick
Old 10 August 2006, 06:52 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

you get nothing for not claiming and everything for doing so, do you know you can claim back 6 years?
Old 10 August 2006, 07:20 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaun1967
you get nothing for not claiming and everything for doing so, do you know you can claim back 6 years?
Yea i did know Account has only been bad for the last two years

Mick
Old 10 August 2006, 08:18 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by speye91
Yea i did know Account has only been bad for the last two years

Mick
good if you need any help just sign in and ask they are very helpful
Old 11 August 2006, 12:59 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

hi, nice to seesome of you have joined up and on your way to getting your money back
Old 11 August 2006, 01:34 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Just be aware that some banks are fighting back. As soon as you tell them you want to claim your charges back they close your account there and then and if you have an overdraft they want that cleared as well. If you are planning on moving banks then that is OK but if you are not planning on it just be aware that some banks are now doing this.
Old 11 August 2006, 01:41 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs WRX
Just be aware that some banks are fighting back. As soon as you tell them you want to claim your charges back they close your account there and then and if you have an overdraft they want that cleared as well. If you are planning on moving banks then that is OK but if you are not planning on it just be aware that some banks are now doing this.
Which banks tho?
Old 11 August 2006, 01:50 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Mrs WRX

hiya, a certain bank did start threatening this an indeed practising randomly, but have since been warned off from using this retalitory action by the FSA and have since stopped. as for withdrawing overdrafts yes they can but there are that many claims going through now that they are not bothering as they are the ones loosing out. besides which if they do retaliate, we just threaten to put the account into dispute, which seems to have stopped them taking any action.
just one small point though is that most banks are pleased to do a like for like account automatically.

hope this helps you out.

pop overto www.consumercorner.co.uk and all will be explained, i personally took took on a loan company that gained repossesion of my house through my refusal to pay charges that were hidden. I WON.
Old 11 August 2006, 01:53 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Thanks Shaun, I want to claim back my charges but I was put off by the thought of them closing the account. It is a lot of hassle with DD's and standing orders. Might go for it now......Halifax, watch out!
Old 11 August 2006, 01:54 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

they will help you all the way. everytime the banks react so do we. and we havent lost yet.
Old 12 August 2006, 11:48 AM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

looks like there will be some new mods on the way for some of you
Old 19 August 2006, 06:50 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

ive won against natwest, and will be sending bailiffs in on tuesday if they havent paid up
Old 25 September 2006, 09:33 AM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

bump
Old 25 September 2006, 10:31 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Just been over 40 days since my letter requesting list of charges and I havent heard anything back (from smile), think I may have to chase up with a threatening letter!
Old 25 September 2006, 10:36 AM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
Just been over 40 days since my letter requesting list of charges and I havent heard anything back (from smile), think I may have to chase up with a threatening letter!
definately chase it up there is a template at www.consumercorner.co.uk/forum all ready for you to use.

did they recieve the £10 fee? and if it was a cheque did they cash it?
Old 25 September 2006, 10:53 AM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Just about to send my LBA to Halifax as I only had the bog standard "Sorry you are not happy" letter.

Great advice on the site, anybody who wants to claim back bank charges, go on the site and read the advice.
Old 25 September 2006, 11:41 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaun1967
definately chase it up there is a template at www.consumercorner.co.uk/forum all ready for you to use.

did they recieve the £10 fee? and if it was a cheque did they cash it?
Yup, sent letter on 3rd august, 2 weeks later got letter back informing me that the received letter and will forward details within 40 days of their letter (didnt think that was how it worked TBH)! So I guess they are only just out of date!
Old 25 September 2006, 11:41 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Got all the way to the court stage, where I had to pay for a small claims against rbs, and bottled it

Is it possible to go back and carry on where you left off, or does everything have a set time frame? Looking to get back over £800 worth of charges in the last 6 years, which the bank claims are lawful!
I hadn't read a single report that stated someone had won against rbs, one of the main reasons I stopped.
Old 25 September 2006, 12:00 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
Yup, sent letter on 3rd august, 2 weeks later got letter back informing me that the received letter and will forward details within 40 days of their letter (didnt think that was how it worked TBH)! So I guess they are only just out of date!
send them the template
Old 25 September 2006, 12:03 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by cw42
Got all the way to the court stage, where I had to pay for a small claims against rbs, and bottled it

Is it possible to go back and carry on where you left off, or does everything have a set time frame? Looking to get back over £800 worth of charges in the last 6 years, which the bank claims are lawful!
I hadn't read a single report that stated someone had won against rbs, one of the main reasons I stopped.

thats what they rely on.

still time to continue, go for the court claim now, there is no time frame up until then.

please dont bottle it, you will win.

even by going to court the worst thing that could happen is you lose the court fee WHICH YOU WONT.

go to www.consumercorner.co.uk/forum all the support you need is there
Old 25 September 2006, 12:51 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

I've heard quite a lot about this and it looks like an excellent website.

Luckliy for me my first ever job when I was 16 was working in a bank, I realised then that bank charges were an absolute rip off so for that reason I've made sure I've never gone overdrawn or incurred any charges, so the service s no good to me, but good luck to the rest of you
Old 25 September 2006, 01:02 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Thanks Shaun, I'll let you know if and when I do start again
Old 25 September 2006, 08:14 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

A bloke at work has just had £4400 refunded by his bank!
Old 25 September 2006, 08:26 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by SteveScooby
A member is due in court tommorrow in northern ireland they intended turning up. so we wrote them a letter which they recieved today threatening objections etc. she had a phone call at 4pm from them offering to settle, all paperwork is due to be signed outside the courthouse tommorrow morning.

thats the bankings taking it a step to far, hoping she wouldnt turn up.
Old 25 September 2006, 08:27 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveScooby
Sounds like he was really good at managing his finances!!

For reference Shaun I personally know of someone who instigated proceedings against one of the top 5 banks and lost..............turned out to be more expensive than simply losing their court fee. They had the pay the costs of the "Defendant" as well.
Old 25 September 2006, 08:47 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by RLE
Sounds like he was really good at managing his finances!!

For reference Shaun I personally know of someone who instigated proceedings against one of the top 5 banks and lost..............turned out to be more expensive than simply losing their court fee. They had the pay the costs of the "Defendant" as well.
excellent news SteveScooby
sounds like he should have come to us for advice, our members dont lose

Last edited by shaun1967; 25 September 2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:01 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

mmm not too sure about that. He had good representation.

They proved without prejudice that the individual was reckless. In some cases the account holder became overdrawn and exceeded their credit card limit on trivial purchases which were deemed non essential.

Whilst the district judge accepted that the banks charges were high no excuses could be made for the individuals persistent overspending.

It is inevitable that some cases will be won whilst others will be resolved by some means of resolution. However I think it's unfair to suggest that these cases carry no risk and that you are practically guaranteed to win as you appear to allude.

I'm sure Credit Today were scheduled to run an article on cases that had been unsuccessful.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:07 PM
shaun1967
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by RLE
mmm not too sure about that. He had good representation.

They proved without prejudice that the individual was reckless. In some cases the account holder became overdrawn and exceeded their credit card limit on trivial purchases which were deemed non essential.

Whilst the district judge accepted that the banks charges were high no excuses could be made for the individuals persistent overspending.

It is inevitable that some cases will be won whilst others will be resolved by some means of resolution. However I think it's unfair to suggest that these cases carry no risk and that you are practically guaranteed to win as you appear to allude.

I'm sure Credit Today were scheduled to run an article on cases that had been unsuccessful.

A judge has no rights to make decisions, on the case as to the spending habits, the case is taken purely on grounds that the charges are unfair. regardless of the reason, the whole point of the claim is that the customer ahs broken the contract. as for him losing the case on unfair charges then this is obviously not the situation, and for any claims under £5000 there can be no costs awarded. this is totally explained in our forum. if a case had been lost in this manner it would be front page news instantly.
as i said he wasnt represented well enough.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:48 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Are you a qualified solicitor or legal representative Shaun? Curious as to your summary.

I'll see if the individual concerned will mind me scanning in his documents and "order to pay costs". This will provide a balanced argument that all cases are not won.

I'm not trying to get in to any form of arguement with you here mate. I have no affiliation to any bank or financial house.

Quick Reply: reclaim bank charges