Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Why are people prepared to blow themselves up?
They wake up in the morning 'feeling' like it
1.52%
They are sickened by our Foreign Policy
21.21%
Our Foreign Policy has nothing to do with it
19.70%
They have mental disorders
65.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Terror Plot - why are people prepared to blow themselves up? POLL

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2006, 12:27 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terror Plot - why are people prepared to blow themselves up? POLL

Why are some people prepared to blow themselves up?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To escape the tedium, boredom and pointlessness ?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:38 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Theyre brainwashed. Simple really, we could pull our troops but Al Queda etc will still have a chip on its shoulder regarding the west and continue to exploit the youth in this country into doing this sort of thing again.
Old 10 August 2006, 12:39 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Could be the lure of virgins, how many is it this week ?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:39 PM
Ipkis' Wifey
Scooby Regular

because they have nothing else in their sad little lives other than to cause pain and misery for other people...
Old 10 August 2006, 12:47 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

lol...have you seen the profiles of some of the 7/7 bombers?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:48 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

REALLY? Nothing to do with the xxx,xxx's of innocent Musilms being slaughtered?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:51 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB'5
Hi mate

I did ask in another thread that i am not too clued up with this religion thing, but from what i have been told (which could be very wrong) is it has nothing to do with the conficts elsewhere in the world, but the extremists want Britian to be an Islamic state, and all non belivers must die.

Is this true, is is it really down to the events in Iraq etc???
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I went for our foriegn policy, as it doesnt seem that the Danish, Italian or Austrian are being targeted by home grown muslim nutters... Just us because our illustrious leader likes to crawl up Mr Bushes bottom and attack countries to help settle old scores for the US Presidents father...
Trouble is that even if we withdrew from our middle eastern trespasses, it is now too late...
Poodom
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Davegtt, our foreign policy has NOTHING to do with it?? You're fookin joking, right? I know your thoughts on this topic are a bit all over the place, but that's just made me double-take. How on Earth do you justify that? Is this just your Indian sound as a pound mate telling you his opinion??
Old 10 August 2006, 12:52 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Hi mate

I did ask in another thread that i am not too clued up with this religion thing, but from what i have been told (which could be very wrong) is it has nothing to do with the conficts elsewhere in the world, but the extremists want Britian to be an Islamic state, and all non belivers must die.

............which you replied to, so ignore me asking again!!!!!
Old 10 August 2006, 12:52 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Nope, thats just an excuse. You didnt see these suicide bombers blowing up Saddam Hussains buildings etc when he was slaughtering thousands at a time did you?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:54 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Davegtt, our foreign policy has NOTHING to do with it?? You're fookin joking, right? I know your thoughts on this topic are a bit all over the place, but that's just made me double-take. How on Earth do you justify that? Is this just your Indian sound as a pound mate telling you his opinion??
Off course it has its place, but the real problems are with the idiots out in Afgan and Iraq etc. Theyve always hated the west, these British Muslims that are getting involved have all been brainwashed by these type of people too. Otherwise all muslims would be having a pop at us.
Old 10 August 2006, 12:55 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Hi mate

Gary,

Are you being serious?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:57 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Off course it has its place, but the real problems are with the idiots out in Afgan and Iraq etc. Theyve always hated the west, these British Muslims that are getting involved have all been brainwashed by these type of people too. Otherwise all muslims would be having a pop at us.

But NOTHING to do with it?? I'm no Einstein, but it's pretty damned clear to me that if we weren't bombing the **** out of Afghanistan, Iraq etc etc the Muslims would feel just a tiny bit less aggrieved than they do now. Whether i want them here at all is another matter, but removing their incentive for committing suicide to kill as many non-Muslims as possible has to be a starting point, no?
Old 10 August 2006, 12:59 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Gary,

Are you being serious?
I just wonder what the real reason is that all this happens.

When i was at school we just had the christian faith rammed down out throats, never explained to us the beliefs of other religions.
That would probably explain why so many people on here don't know exactly what the situation is.

I only know what i read on here (which is a mistake i know), but would really like to know what the truth is

Note i did say extremists, i know for a fact that 99.9% of muslims are just like the rest of us

Last edited by Moley; 10 August 2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:00 PM
sociopath
BANNED

I have voted for 'Mental Disorders' because that is essentially what religion is. Something fcuked in the head.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:02 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I think they are brainwashed and have mental disorders to do such a thing. Nobody right in their head would blow themselves up for anything IMO
Old 10 August 2006, 01:10 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

The fundamentalists have problems with less radical branches of Islam, you can see this from Muslim v Muslim killings all over the world. They dislike non-muslims even more than non-radical Muslims who they're happy to kill.

Although our foreign policy isn't exactly doing us any favours with these people, at the end of the day they're always going to hate eveyone who isn't another fundamentalist - it's that simple. If we pull out of Iraq, Afghanistan or wherever, they won't stop, they'll see it as a victory and continue to fight to get what they want.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:14 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Why are you so sure though? Were we under threat of Muslim attacks before the Iraq war? I don't think so. Lockerbie was the start of it all. So why would they continue if we pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan? We'd just become any other uninvolved country, albeit with a tarnished track record. That's how i see it anyway. Maybe i'm just being naive.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:19 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

i know for a fact that 99.9% of muslims are just like the rest of us
**** scoobynetters?.........
Old 10 August 2006, 01:24 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Why are some people prepared to blow themselves up?
Because they are insane, obviously.
The damage they are doing to their already failed community in the name of some 'brothers' thousands of miles away is not a factor in their decision - which makes them unbelieveably dim or insane.

LOL at your failed poll though. You expected the majority of people to blame foreign policy and they didn't . Why not try the Guardian newspaper site? There's lots of naiive lefty's there if you need company

How's the terrorist under your bed by the way?
Old 10 August 2006, 01:25 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
**** scoobynetters?.........
After typing that i realised it was wrong.

Most muslims have much more respect for others than we do.

When i was younger my best 2 best friends were from Indonesia, and were so friendly, polite, and well bought up comapred to us brits.

It is just a shame that the very few with extreme beliefs ruin their reputation
Old 10 August 2006, 01:26 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I just wonder what the real reason is that all this happens.

When i was at school we just had the christian faith rammed down out throats, never explained to us the beliefs of other religions.
That would probably explain why so many people on here don't know exactly what the situation is.

I only know what i read on here (which is a mistake i know), but would really like to know what the truth is
I'm not Musilm but I do have a good mix of friends and follow the news (BBC/Reuters) and don't rely on SN or News of the World, but this is my take on things.

1. It has nothing to do with British Muslims wanting an Islamic state.

2. It has everything to do with things that are going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and now Lebanon.

3. The double standards re Nuclear weapons - Iraq, Iran etc cant have nuclear weapons yet they have the worlds most valuable resources to protect. And guess what?.....the only country to use Nuclear weapons on another country? Yep.....the USA.

4. It makes many peoples blood boil (inc non-musilms, like myself) and people get fed up protesting. Unfortunately there are Musilm radicals that will assist/manipulate these people into taking the only action they see will have any impact.

5. The US has so much blood on their hands. Bush is just a war monger. Unfortunatley we are dragged into it because Blair is Bush's lapdog.

6. We would not be attacked if we did not get involved with Bush's wars. Other countries are wise enough to stay clear and as a result dont get attacked.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:29 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Bob, you hit the nail and head I think. Point 6 is a maybe but I largely agree with you.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:30 PM
Moley
Sponsor

I'm not Musilm but I do have a good mix of friends and follow the news (BBC/Reuters) and don't rely on SN or News of the World, but this is my take on things.

2. It has everything to do with things that are going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and now Lebanon.

3. The double standards re Nuclear weapons - Iraq, Iran etc cant have nuclear weapons yet they have the worlds most valuable resources to protect. And guess what?.....the only country to use Nuclear weapons on another country? Yep.....the USA.

4. It makes many peoples blood boil (inc non-musilms, like myself) and people get fed up protesting. Unfortunately there are Musilm radicals that will assist/manipulate these people into taking the only action they see will have any impact.

5. The US has so much blood on their hands. Bush is just a war monger. Unfortunatley we are dragged into it because Blair is Bush's lapdog.

6. We would not be attacked if we did not get involved with Bush's wars. Other countries are wise enough to stay clear and as a result dont get attacked.
The 2 people who are the problem are Blair and Bush, but we find it easler to blame all muslims instead.

Understand what you mean mate. Wonder when we'll see Blair on the telly taking credit for stopping these attacks?
Old 10 August 2006, 01:30 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Suresh

LOL at your failed poll though. You expected the majority of people to blame foreign policy and they didn't . Why not try the Guardian newspaper site? There's lots of naiive lefty's there if you need company
No. The poll demonstates how many naive people there are on SN which aren't in touch with reality.
Old 10 August 2006, 01:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

My thoughts exactly.

Chip
Old 10 August 2006, 01:36 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

No. The poll demonstates how many naive people there are on SN which aren't in touch with reality.
i.e. YOU......... what a feckin twotish thing to say BOB'5...
Old 10 August 2006, 01:48 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Why are you so sure though? Were we under threat of Muslim attacks before the Iraq war? I don't think so. Lockerbie was the start of it all. So why would they continue if we pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan? We'd just become any other uninvolved country, albeit with a tarnished track record. That's how i see it anyway. Maybe i'm just being naive.

You're being totally niave

Quick Reply: Terror Plot - why are people prepared to blow themselves up? POLL