Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Council tax 'rises for migrants'

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2006, 10:28 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Council tax 'rises for migrants'

Sharp council tax rises may be needed in the next few years to fund housing and education for immigrant families, says the Local Government Association.

The LGA, which represents local authorities in England and Wales, says rises of 6% on top of inflation-related increases may be needed in some places.
F*ckin marvelous When is all this New Labour multicultural social engineering going to stop. It's just sickening.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5255038.stm
Old 08 August 2006, 10:40 AM
Son of Quatto
Scooby Regular

**** me if it aint a rise in road tax etc then its council tax. When is this going to end??? Why the hell do i want to pay for all these sponging 'tw*ts' aswell as all the single parent chavettes. Ditch the welfare state let them beg
Old 08 August 2006, 10:42 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Yes, but "We" want to help them, don't we ????
Old 08 August 2006, 10:50 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by unclebuck
F*ckin marvelous When is all this New Labour multicultural social engineering going to stop. It's just sickening.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5255038.stm

Just makes you want to cry!
Old 08 August 2006, 10:53 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

I've really had enough.All the local towns round here have changed completely.

This is not the UK anymore
Old 08 August 2006, 10:58 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by lozgti
I've really had enough.All the local towns round here have changed completely.

This is not the UK anymore
That's the feckin problem..... we seemed to go from Great Britain to the UK..... at bit like changing Disneyland Paris back to feckin Euro Disney!?!?!?!?
Old 08 August 2006, 11:01 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I don't really understand the "housing" bit? People who come to this country to work need their children educated so okay. But why houses?

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 08 August 2006, 11:47 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

I don't really understand the "housing" bit? People who come to this country to work need their children educated so okay. But why houses?

Steve
Because we (Tax payers) are paying for the Government to house all of these immigrants. Where you and me have to get a 25 year mortgage to buy a house in these inflated house price times, Johnny Foreigner gets a 3 bed semi-detached house for Free. on top of all the financial benefits that comes with it
Old 08 August 2006, 11:51 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

put them all on the next boat out of here. Why should "we" pay for these sponging t@ssers

Last edited by watto52; 08 August 2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08 August 2006, 11:59 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

If an immigrant wants to come here, get a job and pay his bills i have no problem at all.

I don't understand why they come here to sponge off our government, and we have to pay for it.
Old 08 August 2006, 11:59 AM
Son of Quatto
Scooby Regular

LOL the government tell us to save our pennies but at the rate they seem to be taxing us, wtf do i have left to save???? Sorry i forgot I want to pay for Abdul and his five wives to live here off benefits AND single parent Chesney and her Little Courtney(bless her) for daily trips to macdonalds so they can get obese and then sponge off the NHS for the rest of their subhuman lives. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08 August 2006, 12:07 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Because we (Tax payers) are paying for the Government to house all of these immigrants. Where you and me have to get a 25 year mortgage to buy a house in these inflated house price times, Johnny Foreigner gets a 3 bed semi-detached house for Free. on top of all the financial benefits that comes with it
Hello

I've never really looked into any of this, so sorry if my questions seem naive, but isn't there some sort of qualifying criteria? Surely you just can't turn up and then say "Oh, I need a house and child benefit and .. ".

Steve
Old 08 August 2006, 12:08 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I think the tax burden is really becoming intolerable. It was brought home to me when I was lucky enough to get a bonus of £2,400 at work this year. When I got my payslip, the amount after tax was £1,419.
Old 08 August 2006, 12:20 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

I've never really looked into any of this, so sorry if my questions seem naive, but isn't there some sort of qualifying criteria? Surely you just can't turn up and then say "Oh, I need a house and child benefit and .. ".

Steve
Yes, there is a criteria. It goes like this.

Customs : Hello how can I help ?
Johnny : I want to seek asylum in Britain
Customs : Why ?
Johnny : I am fleeing my country, and if I go back I'll be killed.
Customs : Welcome to Britain !!! Here, have a house.
Johnny : Wow, thanks. They said it was easy to get a free house here and free money. Wow, they were right. I'm going to enjoy it here.

Role Play 2.

Customs : Hey you, get off the back of the truck. Where you from ?
johnny :
Customs : Where are you from ? What nationality are you ?
Johnny :
Customs : Damn. If we don't know where you came from, we can't send you back, as we don't know where to send you................. Welcome to Britain.
Old 08 August 2006, 12:28 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

All talk no wlak. Go lobby the parties. Set up a website. Atleast do something then sit behind the keyboard and whine like a bitch. If your as proud of your country as you claim to be you would be doing something about it.
Old 08 August 2006, 12:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As long as this sorry apology for a government is pissing our taxes against the wall they will continue to squeeze more and more out of the electorate.

Les
Old 08 August 2006, 12:33 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by AudiLover
All talk no wlak. Go lobby the parties. Set up a website. Atleast do something then sit behind the keyboard and whine like a bitch. If your as proud of your country as you claim to be you would be doing something about it.
Old 08 August 2006, 12:39 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

and be arrested for incitement to racial hatred
Old 08 August 2006, 12:48 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Spot-on. My wife meets many other foreign mothers with the local playgroup and she has become friends with a few. The majority are foreign, some are well off, but many are Polish, Iranian or other European and they are on council housing lists because they are low income. ******* ridiculous.
Old 08 August 2006, 12:52 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Yet you wouldnt want to be seen dead living in that council estate I presume? you wouldnt want to live there but when someone is given that house there for free to get on their feet whilst they build a life here you want to moan about it? OK we all know many immigrants take the pee but some genuinely want to live in a better developed country and bring their kids up in a country where they may have a decent future - Wouldnt you be the same?
Old 08 August 2006, 01:07 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Yet you wouldnt want to be seen dead living in that council estate I presume? you wouldnt want to live there but when someone is given that house there for free to get on their feet whilst they build a life here you want to moan about it? OK we all know many immigrants take the pee but some genuinely want to live in a better developed country and bring their kids up in a country where they may have a decent future - Wouldnt you be the same?
Yes, I suppose it is a fantastic idea. they can come from their homes in any part of the EU, earn a fortune over here sending most of it back and then we can provide them with free/cheap housing, even though it is completely their choice to be here.

Well it's not how I want my money spent. I believe welfare should be there for genuine cases only.

Oh and to be perfectly honest the council estates in Westminster are quite nice, probably better housing than many other Londoners have.

Last edited by KiwiGTI; 08 August 2006 at 01:10 PM.