Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2006, 01:10 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Ebay

3 weeks ago on ebay I bought a 2001 1/18th Autoart Impreza wrc model that I'd been after for a while.

I paid the following day by cheque and all was good A week later the ebayer emails me and says that they've screwed up and they don't have the model listed but it's the same car. I enquired further and it wasn't What they were offering was the 2003 wrc which I have already so I explained I was after the 2001 only hence buying it. They said they'd send my cheque back (why hadn't they banked it? ) they'd had it a week

that was 10 days ago and since then I haven't had my cheque back or had a reply to an email Yesterday I called my bank and stopped the cheque.

Then today I got home to find this and saw red I was mad when I replied I think it's such a cheek that they tried this after it was their mistake, I hate ebay at times Can they give me a neg now for this? I've not given them any feedback but I'd like to

Did I do right?
Old 23 July 2006, 01:16 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

course you did, fella.. always a good tip if you want to kill negative stuff. go on the and put swearing in the comments... Ebay will delete the whole bloody lot usually
Old 23 July 2006, 01:21 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

I always remember that one just incase but I think I'd do it by accident with this guy This is a first on ebay to me. I've got a 100% feedback and normally put payment in the post within the hour so I don't want this dick screwing that up. If I swear the comments get removed but I won't have 100% if I'm thinking right?
Old 23 July 2006, 01:35 AM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Paul. I had a similar problem where i was selling a car. I advertised the car as green and the guy drove 3 hours looked at the car and said he thought it was silver...........doh!!
Ebay wanted commission on the sale. I filed a unpaid item dispute and the chap only went and clicked on the "reject the transaction withdrawal." It's a deliberately misleading option so Ebay can keep the final value fee. IMO.
I sent numerous emails and got the automated replies each time.
Eventually i found a contact number and after 3 calls had my money refunded back into my account.
Your best bet is to keep in touch with the other bloke and try and sort it with him. I bet he clicked the button thinking the opposite of what it states. After you've cleared it up with him and got your cheque back you can still both leave positive feedback so neither of you suffers.
If that doesn't work and you can't get your money back, let me know and i'll try and find the number to call.
Old 23 July 2006, 01:44 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alg
Paul. I had a similar problem where i was selling a car. I advertised the car as green and the guy drove 3 hours looked at the car and said he thought it was silver...........doh!!
Ebay wanted commission on the sale. I filed a unpaid item dispute and the chap only went and clicked on the "reject the transaction withdrawal." It's a deliberately misleading option so Ebay can keep the final value fee. IMO.
I sent numerous emails and got the automated replies each time.
Eventually i found a contact number and after 3 calls had my money refunded back into my account.
Your best bet is to keep in touch with the other bloke and try and sort it with him. I bet he clicked the button thinking the opposite of what it states. After you've cleared it up with him and got your cheque back you can still both leave positive feedback so neither of you suffers.
If that doesn't work and you can't get your money back, let me know and i'll try and find the number to call.
It's a pain in the **** isn't it I haven't lost any money because he didn't bank my cheque but he hasn't returned it (now stopped) and isn't replying to emails. If he doesn't reply there's not much I can do but I find it odd that he can't reply to me but can start this "against me" on ebay without talking to me first I'm a nice guy and would have agreed normally but if the **** has pissed me about like this and won't return my cheque (before I stopped it) then he's not even worth dealing with.
Old 23 July 2006, 02:16 AM
Alg
Scooby Regular

I don't think he's starting anything against you. That's just closure of the "dispute", an administrative step.
All he thought he was doing was stating the dispute was dealt with but has obviously misread the ambiguous button option.He's not likely to leave you feedback positive or negative. Without negative feedback left it'll have no impact on your 100% score. Just in case he tries to stitch you up keep an eye on it and your bank statement though and retaliate as hectic says if needs be.
Old 23 July 2006, 07:34 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I've bought a load of stuff off ebay recently for a stag do costume, and some of the sellers are excellent, some are complete W @ n kers, and it's hard to find out who is who!

This guy doesn't sound great, but what's his feedback like? If you've stopped the cheque I'd just forget it. Although a trick is to leave feedback at the very last moment of the 90 day window, so he can't negative feedback you!

Trending Topics

Old 23 July 2006, 10:07 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

if you had agreed to the fact that you had both agreed not to continue with the sale, he wouldnt have been charged for the auction fees, and you would have both lost your rights to leave any feedback. ie: he wouldnt have been able to leave you a negative.