I HATE SONY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2006, 08:51 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE SONY!!!!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5344493.htm

Brought the headphones above, ****in brilliant sound, and now 3 months later one of the drivers have packed in. Tried to get a replacement from sony but theyre **** of a website hasnt got any propper contact details, and the phone numbers they do have is tosh.
Anyway Ive been doing my research on the product and it turns out im not the only one. Tens of thousand of people have all said similiar to me. Even amazon says that they know there are issues with the product but refuse to stop selling it.

Heres a link to some of the reviews. http://www.shopireland.ie/electronic...ia-Headphones/

Whats really annoyed me is that sony knows that theres something wrong with the product, they attempted to fix it but failed, yet still sell them, and when they pack up are being complete ****** and not replacing them.

Im never buying sony again
Old 11 July 2006, 09:02 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Sony Shop?

Or are they not actually 'sony' ?
Old 11 July 2006, 09:03 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Ikea did that with my bed few years back... they sold a bed with screws that didnt fit the holes, when I went back to the store they admitted they knew it was a problem and had 143 (the number sticks in my brain ) packs of screws on order - 12 week lead time They said I could return the bed for a full refund if I wanted to.... having paid them £40 quid to deliver it they expected me to pop it on the roof rack

I shall add Sony to my long, long boycott list.... in fact we should have a SN boycott list that we all sign up to...

Sony
Ikea
BluetwattingYonder
Twatalocity
BT
Egg
Barclays
NTL
Boots
Old 11 July 2006, 09:03 PM
bobsabuilder
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I bought 2 sets of these(For me & daughter) over a year ago and they are fantastic

Never had a problem with them, not even my daughters set that takes some abuse.

I did "hear" that some people had problems with excess earwax blocking up the tiny holes in the ear piece but as my ears always get a good clean with a cotton bud after every shower I've not had that problem.

There is supposed to be a remedy for the ear wax problem - basically you suck the wax out of the offending ear piece

Overall I would recommend them

Bob
Old 11 July 2006, 09:11 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Well ear wax wasnt the cause of mine failing, they did get a propper good hammering for a couple hours everyday with serious bassline tracks, but with mine, when they first started playing up, if you took the rubber things off them it would work fine, and then when you popped them back on no sound! But now theres completely no sound. They were good, but with the way sony are acting, and the fact that panasonic, koss, sehneiser etc dont seem to have problems with theyre comparable products must mean its sonys inadequacies. Hope your headphones carry on working for a long time.

I myself am now turning to koss with theyre lifetime guarantee.
Old 11 July 2006, 09:36 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

If you got them from Argos, why not take them back there?
Old 11 July 2006, 09:40 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Mine work fine

As do the Sony erricson equivelents.

Bit lacking in top end sparkle, and I can't eat without them keep popping out, but otherwise no problems.
Old 11 July 2006, 09:52 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ru'
If you got them from Argos, why not take them back there?
Can I do that? I threw away my receipt although I did pay by debit card.
Old 11 July 2006, 09:58 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

You won't get a refund without a reciept, but you should be able to swap it for a new pair, take along your bank statement as backup
Old 12 July 2006, 12:41 AM
kammy
Scooby Regular

Hi,
I bought Koss Spark pkugs after doing my research. Never looked back...

I use the following site:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...ex.php?cPath=6

One look on there, and you would have realised how ****e Sony have become.
Old 12 July 2006, 12:43 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
You won't get a refund without a reciept, but you should be able to swap it for a new pair, take along your bank statement as backup
Yes.Good advice.But they may still want receipt of purchase
Old 12 July 2006, 09:17 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Sony may make some reasonably good products, but they are a nasty company when it comes to their customers. They seem to have a holier than thou attitude as if no-one should dare criticise them. Remember the Root-kit fiasco which recently led to them being done for million$ and having to compensate people for illegally installing spyware on computers. The TV I bought some 5 years ago was found to have a regular and recurrent fault, reported by very many owners but they insisted that thay were unaware of any problems to every individual that reported it. Just wait 'til they release the PS3 and BlueRay, 'cos if they get their way they will be in control of your media in new restrictive way to ensure their billion$ enlarge to trillion$. They want to implement systems whereby once a disc, movie or game, is inserted into a player it cannot be played in any other player, EVER. What happens if you want to watch it upstairs, or in your lappy, or you decide to sell it on They have said they want to kill off the 2nd hand media market as it infringes on copyright licensing. ***** Although they do make some of the better products out there, and some mediocre crap that only sells because of their name, I would gladly accept 2nd or even 3rd best to avoid their arrogant totalitarian control of our entertainment.
Old 12 July 2006, 09:24 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes.Good advice.But they may still want receipt of purchase
I bought a food blender from Argos which packed up after six months, I no longer had the reciept, but DID have my bank statement showing Argos Stores and the amount of the blender.

They swapped it no problem.......quite surprised actually - thought it was going to be hassle, but Argos were very good about it
Old 12 July 2006, 10:08 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Argos cant insist on a receipt; theres no legal requirement to issue one. If you can establish that you purchased them from Argos then Argos have to deal with the issue. If theyre onyl three months old then its quite reasonable to insist on a refund. Just because the assistant doesnt really undertsand the law and has been told 'no refunds after 28 days'; doesnt mean that you cant get your money back.

Simon
Old 12 July 2006, 12:44 PM
little'un
Scooby Regular

What 'bout Cher
Old 13 July 2006, 07:15 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Success! I got a replacement, didnt want the same sony ones, but all the other similarily priced ones were out of stock, I wonder why

So I love argos but hate sony

But now I have another company to add to the hate list.

I brought Koss sparkplugs off a amazon zshop, called easy-laptop-shop, over a week ago and they still havent arrived, even though I paid £5 for postage. I emailed them asking where my headphones where and they said that they didnt have any instock, and werent sure when they would have.

So I brought a product that was advertised to be in stock but wasnt, yet they didnt have the decency to notify me Not very happy about that so Im gonna cancel my order.

Anyway thanks for your advice guys