Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Ulster Bank

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2006, 12:57 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Ulster Bank

tried to lift money yesterday from my bank account just to find that they have removed my Overdraft (which a really need this month) without any notification! meaning i have a few bills coming out in the next week and no money to pay for them?

Can a bank do this? and could i seek legal action because they are without a doubt the biggest joke of a bank i have ever dealt with!
Old 09 July 2006, 01:04 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

it will be in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you first took your overdraft, they can remove the facilty at any time without notification.

sometimes they give an overdraft over a period of time, ie: they agree to give you an overdraft of x for x years. maybe its ran out and you just need to re apply?

sorry not much help.

james
Old 09 July 2006, 10:43 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They can do this and they do do this. Ulster W/Bank is the second sh1ttest bank in the world after Northern Bank. Northern would charge you 30 quid for taking it away and 30 quid for telling you they have taken it away. Switch current accounts to a decent bank.... A&L or Woolwich would be favourites in my experience, but Woolwich is being rebranded Barclays, which seems to be fairly **** as well
Old 10 July 2006, 11:21 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

they are a real joke, i work in a commissioned based job and unfortunately this summer has been **** and i've found it hard to adjust down what i spend so the Ulster Bank are really ripping me to shredds wont do anything to help me out even though i've been with them for 20 years and have had a wage going init since i was 14!

infact last week they charged me 30quid for using my switch card to debit 50quid back into my bank account! reason behind the charge was for using my switch card whilst having no money in the bank, FFS I WAS PUTTING MONEY BACK INTO THE ACCOUNT!

rant over!
Old 10 July 2006, 04:05 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Default .

bank made a big booboo, so after threatening them with my solicitor its now been sorted! now off to find a better bank to deal with!

(now just to deal with my other small big huge problem that just arose! i think God hates me )