Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Chuffin' Hay-fever..

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2006, 02:47 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chuffin' Hay-fever..

Dont suffer with it per-say, but can always tell when its a really high pollen day.get the odd twinge in my nasal passages and even the odd sneeze..
really feel for those that get the eyes streaming, nose running snezing fits kind of symptoms, must be a 'mare to live with
Old 01 July 2006, 04:09 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

It's a nightmare - mine has been worse this year than ever before. Seems to affect me worse in the mornings for some reason, but often get woken up with it at night too if I leave the window open. Been taking a range of allergy products but none really seem to work.

Find it's not just pollen that sets it off either - if I'm off on a night out aftershave sets me off, and I even start sneezing when I'm getting a haircut .

Completely pointless affliction!
Old 01 July 2006, 04:11 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Havng tried just about everything on the market I decided to give tesco own brand hayfever tablets a go and they work a treat

I have the same problem in the mornings so I tend to take mine last thing at night
Old 01 July 2006, 04:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

You should take Neoclarytin every morning
Old 01 July 2006, 06:23 PM
Sexy Scots Lass
Scooby Regular

Yep, it's a real bugger. The last few years I've been getting wheezy with it as well. Weird Never used to. Another thing I found out recently was that Boots own brand hayfever tablets are exactly the same as Clarytin. Totally the same ingredients and probably made by the same company perhaps but a lot cheaper?

Mornings and evenings tend to be the worst for me.
Old 01 July 2006, 06:58 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sexy Scots Lass
Yep, it's a real bugger. The last few years I've been getting wheezy with it as well. Weird Never used to. Another thing I found out recently was that Boots own brand hayfever tablets are exactly the same as Clarytin. Totally the same ingredients and probably made by the same company perhaps but a lot cheaper?

Mornings and evenings tend to be the worst for me.
Clarityn was in Tescos today 3 for 2 at £3 a pack of 7 tablets (1 a day). Get the same (loratidine) on prescription, 60 for £6.50 or whatever a prescription charge is these days.

Simon
Old 01 July 2006, 07:09 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

after the last thread about this the other day/week, and me proudly proclaiming that my body has sorted out a defence for hayfeever for the past 5 years or so.....

its fooken came back
not to bad, just a few twingey sneezes and a runny nose, i can normally just blow my nose and it leaves me alone for an hour or so.....
Old 01 July 2006, 07:26 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

I never got a sneeze sniffle tickle up the nose or anything 'til I moved out to the 'Burbs.. so much for country life, eh
mind you, its only for about five mins morning and night..
Old 01 July 2006, 11:52 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Echinecea John, builds up the immune system.
Old 02 July 2006, 05:00 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I was a severe sufferer of Hay Fever when I was younger -you do grow out of it believe me.
A natural remedy is honeycomb - the natural wax from the hive .
Just chew it - it is like honey flavoured gum .
It used to relieve my symptoms dramatically.
Best to source from an apiary in the area you live - will have the local pollens in the wax/honey.
It costs next to nothing and it works.
Old 02 July 2006, 09:22 AM
clare792000
Scooby Regular

Ive never had hayfever before, but this year its been a nightmare, i keep trying to tell it that its got the wrong girl, i dont get hayfever! Luckily my hubby gets a huge supply of tablets from his doctor on prescription so ive been using them. I really feel for anyone who's had it for years,
Hugs
Clare.xxx
Old 02 July 2006, 09:53 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

I've had it since I was a nipper, but it's really bad this year. I'm constantly congested, to the point where I get through about two full rolls of tissue paper a day blowing my nose, and I'm still no better.

It seems to get so much worse at night before bed - I'm actually waking up in the middle of the night with a really dry mouth, because I'm having to breathe through it constantly (rather than through my nose, obviously), and then I'll sit up in bed for ten minutes or so constantly sneezing, yet I'm still blocked up after it.

A real pain in the a$$.
Old 02 July 2006, 10:04 AM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

yep i've suffered with it for the last 10+ years and also get the same symptoms if im around dogs or cats, the aftershave thing also does it for me and also if i get to hot. i've been using benydryl which works for me but so far this year i haven't had it must have built up a defence somehow!
Old 02 July 2006, 09:24 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I never suffered from it until about 5 years ago, been steadily getting worse every year. Worse thing for me is the roof of my mouth itches like mad
Old 02 July 2006, 09:25 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Echinecea John, builds up the immune system.
Thanks lesley, Ill see if i can get some during the week
Old 02 July 2006, 09:48 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I find Zirtek to be best for me - has also stopped my asthmatic symptoms too. Buy it from Tesco under the generic drug name Cetirizine, only about £0.98 fro 7 pills which is much better than the £4.55 Lloyds charges (thieving gypo chemists, etc, etc...)
Old 03 July 2006, 10:34 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobJenks
A natural remedy is honeycomb - the natural wax from the hive .Just chew it - it is like honey flavoured gum .
It used to relieve my symptoms dramatically.
Best to source from an apiary in the area you live - will have the local pollens in the wax/honey.
It costs next to nothing and it works.
This defo works, my wife use to suffer really badly from hayfever, but now buys local honey in the comb for £5 (last ages).

Since doing this, and having 1 teaspoon every morning her hayfever has pretty much dried up.

It's natural and it DOES work - she ran out last week, and had to go 4 days without the honey - the hayfever flared up really badly again.
Old 03 July 2006, 10:50 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Got it bad this year again, had it since I was about 6. when I hit about 18/19 it dissapearred but came back sine I was about 21ish. this year its been bad, I try not to breathe through my nose anymore because of it I can physically smell the pollen in the air. Problem is its effecting my breathing now, my throat feels like its about half a centimetre in diameter, really struggle to breath at night times, wheezing everywhere. Its like I have asthma but its not. Really started to get me down this year, honestly feel like Im on my death bed every night waking up in the nights with coughing fits struggling to breathe. I cant visit the misses parents as something really does take hold of me there. although I think thats more from their dogs that have spent half the day walking through the fields.

btw, nothing works for me either, if anything it gives me nose bleeds when Im taking allergy tablets.
Old 03 July 2006, 08:11 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

it sucks . kills me every year and i dont like it but i do work in a workshop with ****ty diesels all day and the fumes from them dont help matters
Old 03 July 2006, 10:20 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

used to get hayfever pretty bad-but this year-touch wood hardly suffered yet-only thing i am doing differant to other years is at least one cup of tea a day made with local honey instead of sugar-so seems to help me lots-local honey twice the price of supermarket stuff tho