Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

any travel agents or airline reservations?

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2006, 08:17 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question any travel agents or airline reservations?

Hi

know this is a bit of a long shot but my gf is in Peru and wants to change her flights with Iberia.

Now its hard enough to find a phone out there and she is going on a trek tomorrow for 5 days

Basically the flight can be changed, but the operator (iberia) says its up to the travel agent and won't do it and the travel agent (trailfinders) say they can't do it as she is now out the country and to contact the airline direct!!

Any ideas who is right? I have had a 20 min convo with Iberia and they were none too helpful - Trailfinders said they were going to tell Iberia to allow it. Iberias arguement is that they do not know the t&c of the issue therefore do not know how much to charge for the change?

Thanks everyone

Andy
Old 29 June 2006, 09:38 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

To be honest, either party can do it. Speak to a Supervisor or manager at Trialfinders and ask them nicely to request the change as Iberia are being difficult. The airline should know the restrictions on the ticket as it is their restriction not the travel agents.

Again, speak to a manager at Iberia if Trailfinders wont help you.

Steve

Edit: I'm not a travel agent or an airline person, but have spent lots of time changing flights and getting rather annoyed with the whole thing sometimes until I get what I want.
Old 29 June 2006, 10:34 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

cheers for the advice - I have already asked to speak to a manager and the woman i was dealing with at Iberia flatly refused to put me through!

Will give it a go again tomorrow

Thanks again

Andy
Old 29 June 2006, 10:59 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

I've worked for BA on Telephone Reservations and on the ticket desk at Heathrow terminal 1. I'm afraid Iberia are probably correct, I'd need to see the ticket details to be sure. Often the booking will have an endorsement which says something like 'no change without reference to booking office' as it will have been sold as part of a special fare on a deal with the Agent

Iberia should request if there are any charges to change the flight by updating the remarks in the booking and 'queing' it to the agent.
If trailfinders can confirm that their fare allows changes without charge then Iberia should then be able to change and revalidate the ticket..

tbh though this is a bit of a minefield - I'd need a lot more detail on the booking to be 100 %

Cheers
Pete