Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kitchen taps?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2006, 10:16 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Kitchen taps?

Another odd question from me Anyone refitted their kitchen in the last few years? What's the state of the market for upmarket kitchen taps these days?

I'm not interested in looks, I want to know about functions. I know about ceramic discs, I know about taps with an extracting hose/shower thing (great but all the ones I've seen have a jet/shower switch that works with pressure, so drops to jet when the tap is half-on ). I've now seen you can get 3 taps, one that gives you separate filtered water. And there are the normal taps with a totally separate retractable powerspray sitting in a hole next to the tap - they look brilliant, but I suppose it means another hole in the sink so your choice of sink is limited. Finally I've seen these hooooge "professional dishwasher" taps that are mounted on an inverted U-spring thing about 3ft up in the air - think that's a bit OTT.

We have a nice dishwasher, but I'd be pleased to hear of anything that makes our life easier in the kitchen (no posts directing me to russianbrides.com thanks )

Anyone found some nice gadgets recently?
Old 05 June 2006, 10:45 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought a Franke tap recently for our refurb'd kitchen. If I dig deep enough I can probably fined the actual model number. It has a retractable hose and is very useful and effective. No probs with pressure drops etc. It did , however cost more than the sink . Bought online BTW.
Yve