Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Car Supermarkets!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2006, 08:45 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Supermarkets!!!!

I though the idea of thes eplaces was to stock 'em high and sell 'em cheap. They promised car advisors, not car salemen.

Went to a large one near Leeds on Saturday so we could could look at a few cars and be better preparewd when seriously looking. Had a look round, then gor collared on the way out. This bloke asks what we were after, I say Mondeo TDCI, no more than £7k (more than I wanted to pay anyway, but I knew they were charged top whack). He looks at the stock list and says there's one for 7k. Soends 20 minutes showing us it, getting us interested, then tells us it's £8450.
he tried desperatly to get us to sign up their and then, even saying the car was already sold, but they can sell them anyway uintil someone picks them up (I hope that isn't true).
Finally gets quite stroppy and says we're wasting his time. We never actually said we were buying on the day. Didn't even take a cheque book.

Looked in the net when I got home, and the same car (well, same model and mileage, so I assume so) was £6500.

Would touch them with a barge pole.
Old 05 June 2006, 08:59 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I went to one in Merseyside with my girlfriend and the whole experience was a shambles.
We were pounced upon at the door by some goofy nerd who sat us down in the "reception area" and took some details off us, type of car wanted, address, name, budget etc, except HE COULDNT WRITE!!! He couldnt even spell...
He then left us to view the cars on our own, no-one around to ask about the cars (unless you went back to the "reception area" where about 15 of these "sales people" were lurking to pounce on anyone who came in through the door...
The cars were over priced, the finance deals purely for those who've woeful credit ratings with 26540% APR's or 90% deposit and 0% interest over 3 days etc...
They cordon off the exit so its hard to be able to leave without being cornered by the spod who cant write on your way out...

The whole thing was woeful, even worse than my local subaru dealership
Old 05 June 2006, 11:05 AM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

We bought my wifes car at the one at Lakeside. Got a nice Nissan Almera at a good price and on interest free credit.

Salesman tried to get us off the interest free, and to pay for breakdown cover, warranty etc (despite the car having the residual of the manufacters deal), and all the other crap they try and sell.

Good deals are available but you need to be patient, and threaten to walk!
Old 05 June 2006, 04:22 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Did`nt they offer you the "supergaurd polish" where you will never need to polish your car ever again, for £150. I said but I enjoy polishing my car .