Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shopping trip to london - advice?

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2006, 01:43 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Shopping trip to london - advice?

Next week, I planned to go shopping in London for the day. Can get the bus from Oxford and it drops off outside Marble Arch.

We will have our daughter (4) with us, so don't want to do anything to adventurous or stressful - I haven't been for over 10 years, my GF has never been and neither has my daughter.

I thought that we could just walk up Oxford Street to Regents Street. Go down Regents Street to Hamleys, spend some time there for the nipper and as we'll all be pretty tired by then, take the tube for the short journey back - just so shes had a ride on the tube.

Does this sound OK? Its a fair trek up Oxford Street to Regents for a 4 year old so maybe we could get the tube first up to Regents so she gets Hamleys first?

Not taking a pushchair - couldn't be doing with it, if shes gets tired I'll carry her (and our daughter )

Know the usual take care stuff - mobile, money etc etc.
Old 26 May 2006, 01:54 PM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Advice?

Opps, just read your post in more detail- really should have done that first!!!

Your plan seems fine to me. Be aware that Hamleys gets very busy esp in the afternoon.

------------------------------

For when you want to shop without the nippers!

Go to Kings Cross.

Get on the train to Brum and hit the Bullring!!

Seriously, my advice would be do your homework on the net first i.e. research the best places to get the kind of goods you're after; prices can vary dramatically in the City!!! The prestige stores will charge lots more (duh), and are only worth visiting for the experience. Chains like HMV etc.. often have MUCH better sales in london and should not be missed

Never buy anthing from those auction shops. Beware of any discount electrical retailers generally. Always watch out for pickpockets. Don't even bother trying to leave during rsuh our, hit a cofee shop and wait there!!

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 26 May 2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 26 May 2006, 02:05 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

To be honest, we aren't going for any special purchases, just something for us to do. Its not often we both have the same week off and its an adventure for the 3 of us.

I wouldn't be concerned if it were just my GF and I but with our daughter too its an extra issue to consider.

Will probably go Tuesday or Wednesay. Monday is Castle Coombe for the Bank holiday race day.
Old 26 May 2006, 02:35 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it'll be a lot more fun without a pushchair, especially on a saturday. i live and work in zone 1 and still get surprised and annoyed with how busy oxford st is on a saturday.

much better if she can sit on your shoulders.