Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Particiapte in Field Sports? Shop at Tescos?...

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2006, 04:10 PM
Rage!
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Particiapte in Field Sports? Shop at Tescos?...

Then prepare to be grassed to the police for participating in legal activities.

Interestingly Tesco's posters of dead fish and meat on the walls of their stores clearly don't count as being offensive and worthy of a call to the police though!
Old 21 May 2006, 04:38 PM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

... but if that Terry Leahy... came in my pub.... I'd say "LEAHY! NO!"...

Loving the way Scoobynet's turned into the Young Daily Mail Readers Association.
Old 21 May 2006, 04:47 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Is that ajm?

That's the way this society is going. The Stalinist principle of denouncing others to the police state and leaving them to prove their innocence. Certain types of people love this sort of thing, makes them feel important.

Old 21 May 2006, 04:48 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

**** youth lives
Old 21 May 2006, 04:51 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Nice to see Tescos breaching thier own policies. I found them equally unhelpful afetr buying some compatible inks from them that seemed to cause the demise of my printer.

AllanB
Old 21 May 2006, 04:56 PM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by **************
Yeah and that bloke could just as easily been a poacher with no firearms certificate in which case the police would have been able to deal with it.

Anyway serves him right for hunting poor defensless furry things. If he wants to be a real man against beast why doesn't he leave the rifle and scope at home and go after it with a knife
Are you the same whinging loser who p1ssed his pants when I grassed you to webmaster when you were stealing SN advertising revenue?

Funny. You didn't seem to think telling tales was quite so acceptable then!
Old 21 May 2006, 05:01 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Don't shop at Tesco's. Will start now though. Anyone proud enough of shooting a defenceless animal with a rifle to take a photo deserves all the harassment they can get. Sick f*ck*rs.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:06 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

How do you prefer your meat killed ?

I'd take meat killed with a single clean bullet over halal or kosher any day.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:06 PM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
Don't shop at Tesco's. Will start now though. Anyone proud enough of shooting a defenceless animal with a rifle to take a photo deserves all the harassment they can get. Sick f*ck*rs.
Don't shoot defenceless animals. Will start now though! Left wing do-gooding clueless f*ck*r.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:10 PM
idf101
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with Chelspeed if he is so tough then why not go to Baghad with his rifle where he can have a real challenge but i am sure he would pis* his pants like so many of these so called "hunters"
Old 21 May 2006, 05:10 PM
Rage!
BANNED

Originally Posted by **************
Yeah and that bloke could just as easily been a poacher with no firearms certificate in which case the police would have been able to deal with it.

Anyway serves him right for hunting poor defensless furry things. If he wants to be a real man against beast why doesn't he leave the rifle and scope at home and go after it with a knife

This thread isn't about the rights and wrongs of field sports. It's about Tesco's causing trouble with the police for someone who was going about a perfectly legal activity.

Would you be happy if they grassed you to the police because you drove a car to their store and you *might* not have a driving licence?
Old 21 May 2006, 05:22 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

The hyprocrisy of employees of the UK's biggest supermarket dobbing someone in for perceived animal cruelty is pretty typical of our new labour society.

Do as I say, not as I do.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:27 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rage!

This thread isn't about the rights and wrongs of field sports. It's about Tesco's causing trouble with the police for someone who was going about a perfectly legal activity.

Would you be happy if they grassed you to the police because you drove a car to their store and you *might* not have a driving licence?
Ummmm if I have nothing to hide I dont have a problem proving my innocence.

What Tesco did was absolutely right, they suspected a crime and they asked the police to investigate. What Tesco did next i.e. fluffing their way through the complaint, was obviously wrong.

Imagine it was a picture of a young child with a couple of adults and something just didnt look right, should Tesco just ignore it or should they be safe rather than sorry?
Old 21 May 2006, 05:29 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I think you'll probably find that it wasn't the killing of defenceless Bambi's that got the police called, but the fact that there's a guy posing with a gun in combat gear and obviously isn't afraid to use it.

Perfectly legal it may be, but "normal" to your average Tesco employee it most certainly isn't.

They erred on the side of caution, the police followed it up, everything was alright in the end.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:32 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
Ummmm if I have nothing to hide I dont have a problem proving my innocence.

What Tesco did was absolutely right, they suspected a crime and they asked the police to investigate. What Tesco did next i.e. fluffing their way through the complaint, was obviously wrong.

Imagine it was a picture of a young child with a couple of adults and something just didnt look right, should Tesco just ignore it or should they be safe rather than sorry?
Sorry, but that has to be the most stupid and naive post I think I've ever read on her. And that's saying something.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:42 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Sorry, but that has to be the most stupid and naive post I think I've ever read on her. And that's saying something.
oh really? thats a shame.

My post is based on policy that just about every company that processes photos in this country, implements. It is also a policy that the police supports so it may even be law?

I'd write to these companies and tell them how stupid and niave you think they are
Old 21 May 2006, 05:43 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I don't think it is stupid or naive when taken in context.

To the average Tescos employee or other member of the urban industrial proletariat the photo probably did look a bit out of place. For people who think their food comes in packages and who have very little information to hand about what happens in the greater majority of the land that makes up the UK the photo must indeed have looked like something unusual, and probably like something they had been warned about by Greenpeace.

Stalin and his urban porletariat had a similar problem as the rural population had ready access to a range of food sources that were unknown and forbidden to them. The peasants were in the habit of, say, shooting a deer and then selling the meat to those who were starving in the cities and because of the politics of this exchange Stalin went to great lengths to stop it. In Stalin's day the urban population were encouraged to denounce the peasants for their capitalist vices and in current times a similar situation exists with respect to an alternative range of rural thought crimes.

I spent last weekend castrating lambs, a perfectly normal act on any sheep farm and I would imagine that several thousand people in the UK spend this weekend doing it as well. However, should we have taken photos and presented them to the urban prolitariat then I suspect that there would have been potential for a similar incident. Of course when the lamb meat is sitting in a plastic bag in Tescos then it becomes a different matter and is no longer a thought crime.
Old 21 May 2006, 06:06 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

The informer probably enjoys Trisha, 'Corrie' and has a few causes about which she's very passionate but embarrassingly ill-informed. Learnt them in GCSE Humanities (she got a C, you know). Not that I'm being judgemental or anything; I'm entitled to my views, New Labour, animals etc......
Old 21 May 2006, 07:04 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I don't think it is stupid or naive when taken in context.
Ok, fair enough. Taken in the context that people who make these kind of remarks inhabit a world of prejudice and ignorance and where “meat comes from supermarkets, stupid”, then I suppose it's only to be expected that they will approve of a system where those very same people are able to denounce others they despise, for whatever reason, to the police with no more excuse than that 'they just don't look right to me officer'.

Only a short step from there to being rewarded for such 'patriotic' acts with a shiney 'Distinquished Service to the Party' badge and a crisp brown shirt.
Old 21 May 2006, 07:11 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
What Tesco did was absolutely right, they suspected a crime and they asked the police to investigate.
They had no reason to suspect a crime had taken place.
Old 21 May 2006, 07:15 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

The news story is quite poorly written and comes from a 'we like killing but will settle for maiming' magazine and can hardly be relied upon for impartiality. Tesco did absolutely the right thing. The guy looks like a nut. He hadn't done anything illegal so no harm done in the end.

If SN's BNP and Tory boys want to have a circle jerk about it then good luck to them. Unfortunately nobody's going to shoot at them whilst their doing it!
Old 21 May 2006, 07:27 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
The news story is quite poorly written
Not quite up to your usual standard of The Guardian I suppose?
and comes from a 'we like killing but will settle for maiming' magazine and can hardly be relied upon for impartiality.
Are you suggesting it's factually innacurate? The tone of the article is irrelevant.
Tesco did absolutely the right thing. The guy looks like a nut.
The ***** taught us a valuable lesson, that it probably isn't a great idea to persecute of harrass people because of their beliefs or looks.
If SN's BNP and Tory boys want to have a circle jerk about it then good luck to them. Unfortunately nobody's going to shoot at them whilst their doing it!
To justify the means by the end is exactly the sort of weak-minded thinking I've grown to expect from your posts Suresh.

Last edited by TopBanana; 21 May 2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 21 May 2006, 07:34 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

The news story is quite poorly written and comes from a 'we like killing but will settle for maiming' magazine and can hardly be relied upon for impartiality. Tesco did absolutely the right thing. The guy looks like a nut. He hadn't done anything illegal so no harm done in the end.

A superbly well reasoned and constructed argument. You really should start providing a list of references with your postings so that the rest of us can check up on them and further develop our intellects.
Old 21 May 2006, 07:50 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Hedgehog - your posts crack me up sometimes

OK - ignore the emotive issue of the guy having just shot a deer. Suppose the photo just showed the guy posing with a high powered gas powered rifle used in semi pro paint ball (something that would look very much like a normal rifle to the casual viewer)?

How would you view Tesco's actions now? Personally, I'd be appalled. The public in general really does need to start grasping just how your rights are being eroded and how they can be abused. Tesco have blatantly broken their own policies and then tried to justify their actions in a laughable manner. They would have been better off acknowledging that they were wrong.
Old 21 May 2006, 08:00 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L
Hedgehog - your posts crack me up sometimes

OK - ignore the emotive issue of the guy having just shot a deer. Suppose the photo just showed the guy posing with a high powered gas powered rifle used in semi pro paint ball (something that would look very much like a normal rifle to the casual viewer)?

How would you view Tesco's actions now? Personally, I'd be appalled. The public in general really does need to start grasping just how your rights are being eroded and how they can be abused. Tesco have blatantly broken their own policies and then tried to justify their actions in a laughable manner. They would have been better off acknowledging that they were wrong.

where is the abuse of rights? No harm was done?

If there is any issue at all here, its just that 'joe public' doesnt actually know what the law is (in this case in relation to guns), which led to a better informed person feeling that they over reacted.

That person could so easily have not had a license....does it take living in a city riddled with gun crime to understand the implications?
Old 21 May 2006, 09:15 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

where is the abuse of rights? No harm was done?
Jeez, you just don't get it do you?

"We performed a deep cavity search because we thought 'he didn't look right' and found nothing. He'll recover, eventually, and his faith in the State will remain intact. We'll be checking up on him to make sure of that - but he might need some re-education to keep him intergrated"

So, no harm done then. Everything is fine.

Pass the donuts, and let's settle down to the Eastenders omnibus...
Old 21 May 2006, 09:25 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Jeez, you just don't get it do you?

"We performed a deep cavity search because we thought 'he didn't look right' and found nothing. He'll recover, eventually, and his faith in the State will remain intact. We'll be checking up on him to make sure of that - but he might need some re-education to keep him intergrated"

So, no harm done then. Everything is fine.

Pass the donuts, and let's settle down to the Eastenders omnibus...
'Jeeez' no, i do not get your point at all because you are too busy slating me to actually make one.

As for
"We performed a deep cavity search because we thought 'he didn't look right' and found nothing. He'll recover, eventually, and his faith in the State will remain intact. We'll be checking up on him to make sure of that - but he might need some re-education to keep him intergrated":
Unless Im mistaken, you just made that up. Not the best way to add credibility to your post
Old 21 May 2006, 09:34 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Ah he looks like a nut ? So the next guys that Tescos see with a beard and a rucksack should be reported to the police in case he's a terrorist ?

You have to draw the line somewhere.

AllanB
Old 21 May 2006, 09:34 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down lul

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Not quite up to your usual standard of The Guardian I suppose?
I am not a Grauniad reader. The quality of your insults is really quite poor - you should try a little harder or perhaps ask an adult for help.

Are you suggesting it's factually innacurate? The tone of the article is irrelevant.
Yes. I'm suggesting the source of that story cannot be relied upon to present all relevent facts. Surely only an idiot would believe it without questioning?

The ***** taught us a valuable lesson, that it probably isn't a great idea to persecute of harrass people because of their beliefs or looks.
Godwin's law, I believe.

To justify the means by the end is exactly the sort of weak-minded thinking I've grown to expect from your posts Suresh.
This is a better insult that your first attempt - so well done there! However, you should probably step away from your computer and find somebody who cares.

Quick Reply: Particiapte in Field Sports? Shop at Tescos?...