Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

core British values my ar*e

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2006, 11:17 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down core British values my ar*e

The government is to review whether "core British values" should become a compulsory part of the curriculum for all 11 to 16-year-olds in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4771443.stm

This is the latest New labour ****. These so called 'core British values' will of course be core New Labour values.

This is a complete abuse of our education system. Nothing short of indoctrination and brainwashing our children into adopting 'new labour' values rather than being allowed to make up their own minds what they think about issues such as the disastrous policy of 'multi-culturalism' that has been foisted on this country. Why can't they be honest for once and say they want to introduce compulsory classes in 'New Labour'?

Nothing is safe with this lot in charge, not even the minds of children.
Old 15 May 2006, 11:44 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

They have them in america and they are over patriotic. I saw a indian girl that tried making herself into a white girl and she looked like a fool. Bleach Blonde air with black roots and white makeup.
Old 15 May 2006, 12:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4771443.stm

This is the latest New labour ****. These so called 'core British values' will of course be core New Labour values.

This is a complete abuse of our education system. Nothing short of indoctrination and brainwashing our children into adopting 'new labour' values rather than being allowed to make up their own minds what they think about issues such as the disastrous policy of 'multi-culturalism' that has been foisted on this country. Why can't they be honest for once and say they want to introduce compulsory classes in 'New Labour'?

Nothing is safe with this lot in charge, not even the minds of children.
Hello UB,

Hope you're well. What would be the content of your class?
Old 15 May 2006, 12:14 PM
Son of Quatto
Scooby Regular

'Hope you're well. What would be the content of your class?'

Decent honest hard working people. Exterminate the Chav class as they produce illigitimate fools who we have to pay for.
Old 15 May 2006, 12:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They have presided over the gross dereliction of standards over the last 9 years as well as the virtual destruction of the traditional family. This of course is the major reason that we are experiencing all the problems we are having now with crime and violent behaviour. Educational standards have dropped severely so that performance is artificially made to look so much better than it really is.

What chance therefore have this sorry lot of educating children in real core values when they have no idea what that means anyway?

Les
Old 15 May 2006, 12:22 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Hello UB,

Hope you're well. What would be the content of your class?
Hi, I'm good thanks - hope you are too.

I wouldn't allow indoctrination classes masquerading as 'core values'. I think it stinks.

'Core values' whatever they are should be taught to children by their parents, as your's were taught to you. Not spoon fed some kind of agenda driven, politically correct left wing manipulation designed to create a new generation of New Labour acolytes. It's a disgraceful suggestion.
Old 15 May 2006, 12:24 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Son of Quatto
'Hope you're well. What would be the content of your class?'

Decent honest hard working people. Exterminate the Chav class as they produce illigitimate fools who we have to pay for.

"Ok children, today we're going to talk about eugenics".
Old 15 May 2006, 12:42 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

'Core values' whatever they are should be taught to children by their parents,
First, I'm suprised that you struggle with the definition of 'core values' and yet you're able to form such a conclusive opinion about them.

Anyway, a definition: "attitudes and beliefs thought to uniquely pattern a culture."

So would you encourage children from an ethnic background to adopt the core values of their parents? Or would your predilection for forced repatriation make these classes redundant?

Still interested to know what your core values are .
Old 15 May 2006, 12:50 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Think they need to start with step one.The right to cane little gits and arrest any parents who come in to complain.

And bring back National Service.
Old 15 May 2006, 01:14 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

First, I'm suprised that you struggle with the definition of 'core values' and yet you're able to form such a conclusive opinion about them.

New Labour are pretending that they don't know what they are either and that a 'discussion' is required to establish what we want them to be. However we all know what the outcomes of these 'conversations' traditionally are with New Labour and that they will impose their values on us no matter what the general public might think or want.
Old 15 May 2006, 01:33 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

New Labour are pretending that they don't know what they are either and that a 'discussion' is required to establish what we want them to be. However we all know what the outcomes of these 'conversations' traditionally are with New Labour and that they will impose their values on us no matter what the general public might think or want.
So you're concerned that New Labour will use these classes as an excersise in indoctrination, which I understand. Would you support the teaching of British core values in principle and if so, what would they be?
Old 15 May 2006, 01:38 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

I do find this all a bit of a joke really... just going to be more propaganda about how 'tolerance', 'diversity' and 'multi-culturalism' is what makes us British - makes sense to start brainwashing people as early as possible I suppose. We had our own independent cultural identity at one point... before it was done away with.

In my mind British stands for honour, integrity, respect for law, order, other people and institutions - going to take more than this to restore that.
Old 15 May 2006, 01:43 PM
Reality
BANNED

British Core values.

Invade countries, rape them of their natural resources, Grant them independence when;

a. The resources run out
b. The locals start killing too many ex-pats.

Was core values during the empire - Blair seems to be taking us back there !
Old 15 May 2006, 02:05 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

So you're concerned that New Labour will use these classes as an excersise in indoctrination, which I understand. Would you support the teaching of British core values in principle and if so, what would they be?
As I thought I already explained - I am against the classroom being used for political indoctrination purposes of any kind. This is an area where people need to form their own opinions, not be taught what to think by corrupt agenda driven government.

The idea is clearly to churn out Labour voting robots by the score.

I would imagine these classes will go something like this:

“Ok, children repeat after me”
“Nice Tony is our Saviour"
"He loves us and wants to help us all be better”
“We must give everything we like to those who want it”
"Winning is bad because it makes people who don't win sad"
“Daddy is bad because he drives a dangerous fast car.”
"If daddy loves another daddy or mummy loves another mummy that's very good."
“Islams are good and Muslims are our friends. We must never, never, offend them and always do what they say"
"Christmas and Easter are bad."
“St George was bad and so is that nasty flag with the red cross on it”

on and on....

Last edited by unclebuck; 15 May 2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 15 May 2006, 02:15 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

As I thought I already explained - I am against the classroom being used for political indoctrination purposes of any kind. This is an area where people need to form their own opinions, not be taught what to think by corrupt agenda driven government.

The idea is clearly to churn out Labour voting robots by the score.

I would imagine these classes will go something like this:

“Ok, children repeat after me”
“Nice Tony is our Saviour"
"He loves us and wants to help us all be better”
“We must give everything we like to those who want it”
"Winning is bad because it makes people who don't win sad"
“Daddy is bad because he drives a dangerous fast car.”
"If daddy loves another daddy or mummy loves another mummy that's very good."
“Islams are good and Muslims are our friends. We must never, never, offend them and always do what they say"
"Christmas and Easter are bad."
“St George was bad and so is that nasty flag with the red cross on it”

on and on....
As much as I enjoy our exchanges UB, I'm always frustrated by your inability to answer simple questions. I'll repeat them:

a) Would you encourage children from an ethnic background to adopt the core values of their parents?

b) What are YOUR core British values?
Old 15 May 2006, 02:27 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

What are YOUR core British values?
Being able to participate on forums such as this without the fear of being persecuted by **** style thought police.

That's pretty damn British imo.
Old 15 May 2006, 02:44 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I'm simply trying to unearth some substance UB; you know, a tangible belief system that offers a real alternative to our current government. So far, in other conversations and when really pushed, you've only managed to offer up the election of the BNP (MacBeth) as a solution.

Anyway; Paxman style and for effect, I'll repeat just one of the above questions:

Would you encourage children from an ethnic background to adopt the core values of their parents?
Old 15 May 2006, 03:10 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Would you encourage children from an ethnic background to adopt the core values of their parents?
Yes, as long as they adopted the core British values when they came to this country
Old 15 May 2006, 03:14 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Yes, as long as they adopted the core British values when they came to this country
How do you think we might facilitate that Olly?
Old 15 May 2006, 03:33 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

How do you think we might facilitate that Olly?
Seriously? It's too late to do it in reasonable manner IMO.

What we should do going forward is make sure that anybody wanting to come and live in the UK can speak, read and write English to a reasonable standard - I don't necessarily mean to GCSE, but enough to get by on and should commit to attending lessons to help them improve (don't get me started on the white native chav kids). Likewise having classes about British history and communicating some of the traditions as well as current laws wouldn't be a bad thing either, would it?
Old 15 May 2006, 03:36 PM
Reality
BANNED

We're either multi-cultural or we're not.

There's no middle ground.

We are a Multi-Cultural society and we shouldn't be telling anyone in it what their values should be !
Old 15 May 2006, 03:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Likewise having classes about British history and communicating some of the traditions as well as current laws wouldn't be a bad thing either, would it?
No it wouldn't, I agree. However, I'd still defend the right of anyone in this country to support Pakistan in the cricket, have dread locks, wear a burka or support the BNP. I'd also defend each citizen's right to question any of these practices.

Last edited by JTaylor; 15 May 2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 15 May 2006, 03:56 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

If we are talking 2nd Generation British subjects and their parents had been correctly assimilated into british culture then yes.

The trouble is with the 'multi cultural utopia' that New Labour has tried to artificially create we have a whole new type of economic migrant settling here with no interest in adopting British values, language or any thing else. They are purely here to plunder whatever they can and exploit our laws and customs for their own ends. It's a construct built by idiots that has gone wildly wrong and they can't stop or control it.
Old 15 May 2006, 03:56 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Is there anywhere that is not too keen on being multi cultural? Just wondering
Old 15 May 2006, 04:00 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Arsenal fans is the best example to show that multiculturalism does work
Old 15 May 2006, 04:03 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Arsenal fans is the best example to show that multiculturalism does work
Far too often you post a reply that seems to be in response to a different thread
Old 15 May 2006, 04:06 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

If we are talking 2nd Generation British subjects and their parents had been correctly assimilated into british culture then yes.
Thanks for answering UB. What tools do you think the government have at their disposal to "correctly assimilate" immigrants? And what core values would a "correctly assimilated" immigrant hold. Additionally, how does this sit with your belief in forced repatriation? Would it only be non-assimilated immigrants that you would repatriated?
Old 15 May 2006, 04:10 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

What tools do you think the government have at their disposal to "correctly assimilate" immigrants?
Judging by the current mess, none. The whole 'experiment' is clearly out of control.
what core values would a "correctly assimilated" immigrant hold.
The same as a native British person obviously.
Additionally, how does this sit with your belief in forced repatriation? Would it only be non-assimilated immigrants that you would repatriated?
Yes.
Old 15 May 2006, 04:17 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Judging by the current mess, none. The whole 'experiment' is clearly out of control.
Although, if we can get away from the idea that classes would be a NL indoctrination excersise, the initiative outlined in the link would be a move in the right direction, surely?

The same as a native British person obviously.
What are these values in your eyes UB? How would you test for "assimilation"?
Old 15 May 2006, 04:19 PM
Reality
BANNED

How would you test for "assimilation"?
That's simple - If they're still black after the process then they're sent home .

Quick Reply: core British values my ar*e