Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Washington mutual

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2006, 09:39 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washington mutual

Had an email from these. have nothing to do with these people and certainly no account. email as follows-

"
Dear Washington Mutual customer,
We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Washington Mutual Internet Banking accountmay have been accessed by an unauthorized third party.Protecting the security of your account and of the Washington Mutual network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

http://www.wamu.com/NR/rdonlyres/50D...5D/0/alert.gif 1. Login to your Washington Mutual Internet Banking account. In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will have to fill in all the required information, including your name and you account number.

http://www.wamu.com/NR/rdonlyres/50D...5D/0/alert.gif 2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check you account profile to make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to Washington Mutual staff immediately.

To get started, please click the link below:
https://edited!
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Washington Mutual system. Thank you for attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The Washington Mutual Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your
Washington Mutual account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page."

I assume this is a scam? anyone heard of them before?
Old 14 May 2006, 10:05 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

They're 'phishing' - just delete it.

Cheers
Kav
Old 15 May 2006, 08:02 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
They're 'phishing' - just delete it.

Cheers
Kav
Agreed. Mind you - this company did make some of the funniest TV adverts ever! I'll see if I can dig them up and post them on here...
Old 15 May 2006, 10:21 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

Cheers Fellas!

so it is a genuine company then? (i had not heard of them) just after a bit of business.
Old 15 May 2006, 10:44 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
Cheers Fellas!

so it is a genuine company then? (i had not heard of them) just after a bit of business.
Yep - absolutely. A large financial services provider in the US. www.wamu.com is their official site. I'm not sure why they've resorted to spam to gain new business - doesn't seem particularly ethical to me!
Old 15 May 2006, 10:51 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
Cheers Fellas!

Yes- big US high street bank.