Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ID Theft at the heart of Government.

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2006, 12:37 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face ID Theft at the heart of Government.

In today's Independent. It seems that ID theft by some in the Civil Service is more widespread than previously thought.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...icle447792.ece

Anyone still care for one of Tony's ID cards? It would be a bit rich having to pay for the priviledge of having your identity stolen.
Old 14 May 2006, 01:18 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Interesting (and slightly worrying) story Charles
Old 14 May 2006, 02:41 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Agreed . . But realistically, what can we do about it . . In a word, the country is going down the Toilet . . . . .I better be careful what I say, less the police is monitoring!
Old 14 May 2006, 03:47 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

The most worrying thing about that article IMHO is the way that they try to make excuses for the lazy ******* thieving civil servants involved - they're on low pay apparently (says who? what do they expect for unskilled work?), so the temptation is just too much for them. Can you imagine a private company like Asda or Tesco catching employees stealing and then issuing a press release stating that they weren't responsible for their actions, due to them not being paid highly?! It's completely unbelievable and reflects the extremely unhealthy attitude of this government to the public sector and the whole 'free lunch' ethic that has become ever more prevalent since Blair took office and hired thousands more of the worthless cretins.

My wife is a chartered accountant and recently studied for chartered tax adviser status. One of the lecturers said that the working families tax credit regime was probably the most poorly constructed tax system he'd ever encountered, and joked that Brown could make a fortune teaching other governments how not to draw up a tax system, based on this one's failings...
Old 15 May 2006, 11:50 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

In times gone by, civil servants had to be of the highest personal character in order to get the job. It looks as though the Government in its hurry to create an overbearingly bureaucratic society has binned the idea of hiring trustworthy people any more!

This is really very worrying and is an indication of the goverment's lack of care for the protection of the electorate and also the way it has presided over the dereliction of standards both in government and the country at large.

I understand also that it is part of the grand plan for the Government to sell details of our lives which are included on the ID cards to private companies for commercial purposes.

How can anyone justify that?

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 16 May 2006 at 01:34 PM.