Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

'Microdiscectomy' back operation... - your experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2006, 09:52 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Microdiscectomy' back operation... - your experience?

I'm trying to find out other peoples experience of the above surgical procedure for herniated discs, back/leg pain..

I'm really wanting to find out the levels of pain experienced - especially a week or so after the operation - and how soon you began to feel an improvement - not only in post op pain, but in relation to the pain before surgery..

Any feedback, and or advice would be gratefully received!

TIA.
Old 12 May 2006, 10:41 PM
DavidHill
Scooby Regular

I had this surgery about 2 years ago. A slipped disc herniated (sp?) in my lower back. Spent months with serious leg/ankle pain ended up not being able to stand for more than a few minutes and then not being able to sit without complete agony. Finally the pain got so bad while i was at that they called an ambulance for me. Spent 2 weeks on my back before the operation, but it was successful (was very scared before hand) the improvement was immediate and was able to get up and about the day ofter the op with no pain. Spent another 4/5 days in hospital before going home, think i was off work for another 3 weeks and just had to take things very easy but no pain.

2 years on and no problems apart from losing a bit of flexiblity.

Hope this helps!

David
Old 12 May 2006, 10:54 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Thanks, David.

My other half had this op Wednesday last week, and whilst he has seen some improvement, today he has been in terrible pain; it's improved now to what it was about 1.5hrs ago - whether or not he has jut been overdoing it or not, I am not sure - hence the reason behind my thread..!

Thanks for you response though - it's good to hear of someone who has had the same thing and has come out fine the other side
Old 13 May 2006, 07:09 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

BTT - anyone else??