Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does anyone Race Cars on here?

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2006, 03:25 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone Race Cars on here?

I'm talking about racing in some sort of club/championship etc.

I have done short circuit racing before but got a bit fed up with all the constant damage and the organiser’s lack of giving a toss about their so called “rules” etc. It was handy for me because I live just over the back of our local track so that was big plus point for racing there.

I am thinking about getting into some sort of circuit racing, round the long tracks etc but I don't really know where to look??

I have been looking at the 750MC and they seem to do a few different formulas, I would probably have something like 6K to get a car. The Hot Hatch formula seems to be a reasonably priced formula.

Does anyone on here race any type of car? Or has done in the past and could pass on any comments/pointers etc?

Thanks
Old 01 May 2006, 06:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I had a full international RAC licence for 15 years and raced at every track in the country. I would not have missed it for anything despite the hard work of designing, building and preparing my own car.

It is a very expensive game though, and getting sponsorship is very difficult too. To get success it is probably necessary to be able to pay for professional maintainance of your car unless you have sufficient backing and ability to do it all yourself.

I wish you good luck anyway.

Les
Old 01 May 2006, 06:35 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

join the 750mc, talk to people, visit meetings, been a cracker at cadwell this weekend. someting like the locost is a good pace to start.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/

Tim.
Old 01 May 2006, 10:10 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

built my own locost ,great way to get yourself a race car mine cost me 5 grand to build runs a zx9r ,just in process of getting my non race national b license so i can get into hillclimbing.