Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Car Wars

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2006, 10:19 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wars

Just watched it on TV ,don't waste your time on here.
Get out and nick the car of your dreams before all the good ones are gone.The justice system will do very little, if anything, even if they catch you.
I used to complain that this country was going down the drain with its draconian nanny-state measures but after watching this program I have seen the error of my ways.
I have made the mistake of trying to obey the rules!

People on the program with 40+ convictions,carrying knives,under age,no documents,intimidating the police etc,etc..
Non of them got a custodial sentance.

What is the point of spending money on providing Subarus to the police if nothing happens to the offenders that are caught? The police get it in the neck for law enforcement because they are visible on the front line but the judicial system is a joke & letting everyone down.

Anyway,must dash,think I will have a Lambo away.Always fancicied one of those.
Old 26 April 2006, 11:33 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the town I live in (pop. <100,000) there has been a car 'crimewave' involving 40 vehicle break-in in the last month. The police claim to know who it is, but don't have the evidence to pick any of them up and charge them yet. My solution would be to pick them up and lock them away, if car crime falls then you've got the right guys! Somehow I think imprisonment without trial wouldn't fly though.. Shame.

Suresh
Old 27 April 2006, 01:19 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

CPS tend to only run with cases that they know they will get a conviction. That way they can turn to the government and say 'Well - all of our cases that we deal with get a positive outcome'

Anything that is slightly difficult to prove gets NFA'd from the start - really frustrating. CPS won't consider trying to fight the case at court.
Old 27 April 2006, 01:32 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
CPS tend to only run with cases that they know they will get a conviction. That way they can turn to the government and say 'Well - all of our cases that we deal with get a positive outcome'

Anything that is slightly difficult to prove gets NFA'd from the start - really frustrating. CPS won't consider trying to fight the case at court.
Of course the heinous crime of withholding a proportion of one's council tax will always be rigourously prosecuted.
With prison space found for continued refusniks.
No doubt on instructions "from high".
Your car or other property stolen?
Blair and the rest don't care, they only want your money.
Old 27 April 2006, 07:16 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Guy buys a £16k BMW for £2k, knowing full well it was stolen. Carries a knuckle duster and a can of CS gas in the car and gets 30 hours community service.

Tell you what, I'll work painting old peoples homes and cutting grass for 4 sundays and you can give me a £16k car.
Old 27 April 2006, 07:54 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Think it was 40,but even so,absolutely pathetic.
I beat up a lad that had ran over my dog,he was speeding through a national park that has motor vehicle right of way.
I got 160 hrs CSO...

No wonder these kids do what they do...But with all the cash from scamera's goin into the coffers,the police and CPS can be as ineficient as they please,lets have it right,who can we complain to????????

Trending Topics

Old 27 April 2006, 08:03 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I'll say it agian, the Law and the CPS are a joke.

Letting someone off with 30hrs comminity service for carring a nuckle duster and CS spray is madness!

The whole show was depressing however i think the Police in show where pretty damn good and on the ball!

What really disgusted me was the last section, the 15 y/o stole a car (on cctv) the cops pulled up and knicked him. The local 30 something chavs came out and gave him an alibi on the spot saying he had just come out of their house and started to try and intimmidate the cops. They where happy to lie and purger themselves.
This in the street nextdoor to a street in which a child had been killed by a teenage joyrider the week before - that's disgusting!

Kid with a lockblade not even done for the knife ffs, they took it out of his pocket on camera, how much evidence do the cps need!

We are all in trouble if this is the state of the law and the cps.

The kids treat the cops as i minor inconvenience the cps does not back up the Police and the law on the odd occasion some chav gets procecuted and convicted smacks him/her on the hand. - IT IS PATHETIC AND CAN ONLY LEAD TO MORE TROUBLE.

Welll done to the cops for doing their bit

Last edited by The Zohan; 27 April 2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 27 April 2006, 08:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
Think it was 40,but even so,absolutely pathetic.
I beat up a lad that had ran over my dog,he was speeding through a national park that has motor vehicle right of way.
I got 160 hrs CSO...

No wonder these kids do what they do...But with all the cash from scamera's goin into the coffers,the police and CPS can be as ineficient as they please,lets have it right,who can we complain to????????

Sorry to hear about your dog and your treatment. Did the speeder get anything for his trouble?
Old 27 April 2006, 09:18 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I prefer the local justice system.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Northern_I...755809,00.html

Pity we have to have a pile of taxpayers money wasted on an enquiry though - it would be better to give the officer in question a large bonus and a promotion - might have a real deterrent effect instead of fining the ******* 20 quid
Old 27 April 2006, 09:21 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I prefer the local justice system.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Northern_I...755809,00.html

Pity we have to have a pile of taxpayers money wasted on an enquiry though - it would be better to give the officer in question a large bonus and a promotion - might have a real deterrent effect instead of fining the ******* 20 quid
It would stop joyriding in its tracks

I will vote for the first party to introduces shooting joyriders on site
Old 27 April 2006, 09:31 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by **************
Typical lefties complaining though about what happened If he didn't run he wouldn't have been shot

I'd have liked to have seen some of the scum on last night program being shot at thats for sure.

You sir are a typical biggoted right wing bully
You know that what little ******* need is love and caring for, it is not their faults, they have nothing to do but commit crime due to the lack of facilities, ok they burned the facilites the ground and beat up the people working there but they asked for it!
What is required is a five step approach:
Locate all the trouble makers

Explain to them that they are not responsible for their actions and to to blame

Take them on holiday as a reward for being victims of the system. Remember responsibility is a dirty word!

Make sure the Police do not victimise them.

Make sure that know their rights and what benefits they are entitled to.

Job done, now anyone seen my copy of the Guardian.
Old 27 April 2006, 09:32 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

It seems the guy was shot while he was still in the car driving straight at a mother and child on the pavement in order to get away from the checkpoint. If he had been clever he would have stopped, got out, did his 6 hours community service and got back to theiving. Candidate for the 2006 Darwins?
Old 27 April 2006, 09:34 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by **************
I'd have liked to have seen some of the scum on last night program being shot at thats for sure.
The same thought was going through my mind last night after watching car wars !
Save a fortune and a heck of a load of hassle for everyone.

Richard
Old 27 April 2006, 10:23 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I watched this too with horror. How about the 14/15 yr old who tried to hotwire the Fiesta after pushing it off someone's drive. After he ran and they caught him, all the local chavs came out of their (council) houses to give him an alibi and give the old bill grief.

Couldn't believe it when the copper said that a year ago a child was killed on that estate by a joyrider and they went up in arms about the police not doing enough for them.
Old 27 April 2006, 10:39 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23
I watched this too with horror. How about the 14/15 yr old who tried to hotwire the Fiesta after pushing it off someone's drive. After he ran and they caught him, all the local chavs came out of their (council) houses to give him an alibi and give the old bill grief.

Couldn't believe it when the copper said that a year ago a child was killed on that estate by a joyrider and they went up in arms about the police not doing enough for them.

Blimey, was it a year ago, i thought it was the week before. No Matter the attitude of the local chavs was **** poor. The whole programme was a nice insight into the scum of Manchester and surround areas, not that they are different from a lot of areas mind.

The cops can keep catching them but the cps and the law just keep letting them off with joke sentences, not punishments or deterrants to others.

Last edited by The Zohan; 27 April 2006 at 10:53 AM.