killed for an mp3 player

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2006, 09:24 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry killed for an mp3 player

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4936990.stm

FFS - what can it be worth, £80 second hand - people will still kill for it?!! Shocking
Old 24 April 2006, 10:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Muslim's grassing on their own? Yeah right, like that will happen. Oh it's the minority that are bad ones, sure sure, pull the other one.
Old 24 April 2006, 10:08 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

I was talking to an albanian taxi driver on the way home from town. He says these people from other countries dont care about life like we do. He said he wanted away from that but it followed him here, they dont care about putting a knife in someone for no reason at all.
Seems to be the way it is nowadays.
Old 24 April 2006, 10:11 PM
kernow
BANNED

i got mugged last year they even took my trainers!
Old 24 April 2006, 11:09 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
I was talking to an albanian taxi driver on the way home from town. He says these people from other countries dont care about life like we do. He said he wanted away from that but it followed him here, they dont care about putting a knife in someone for no reason at all.
Seems to be the way it is nowadays.
life is so cheap to some people it frightens me...
Old 25 April 2006, 08:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brihoppy
life is so cheap to some people it frightens me...
Lets not beat about the bush, there are home grown scumbags that carry knives and will mug you for you change. these are on the increase or it could just be our crime obsessed media as crime figures for 2004/5 suggest it is down.

However there are others who are in this country who have come from places where carrying and using weapons can be an everyday occurance and where life is cheap, some of these places have seen ethnic cleansing!
Carrying and using weapons does not mean much to them.

Knives and guns are seen as cool, soft penalties do not deterr.

We have a couple of choices really.

Get like them and toughen up and carry as well - ber prepared to carry ans use a knnife or weapon if you hav e to to defend yuou and yours - but we are a civilised country and why the hell should we be put in this position

Or

Get rid of them by prison or deporting troublemakers. Talking to one copper it seems that deporting is not much of an option as it is easy enough to slip back into the uk and some regularly do, our borders are a joke.

About time our borders where taken seriously where policed properly. Drugs, guns terrorists and illegals enter the coutry this way ffs!

Last edited by The Zohan; 25 April 2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 25 April 2006, 08:22 AM
RX--Russ
Scooby Regular

Default bad news

yup, Not a whole lot of morale left these days. In SA ppl are being executed for cellphones and wrist watches.

I was Hijacked a few months ago too. Very lucky to be alive but still severely pi$$ed off.
Old 25 April 2006, 08:28 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RX--Russ
yup, Not a whole lot of morale left these days. In SA ppl are being executed for cellphones and wrist watches.

I was Hijacked a few months ago too. Very lucky to be alive but still severely pi$$ed off.
**** me you where lucky!

I understand you can carry a firearm in SA, does this make you any safer or would you rather see the Police sort this sort of thing out assuming they could
Old 25 April 2006, 08:29 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agree it's a complete disgrace that the guy died for nothing , but looking on the positive side, 80,000 people came together to unite for a 'stille tocht' to protest about such mindless violence.

Suresh
Old 25 April 2006, 08:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I was effectively mugged at our local balloon fest last year. a non-local came up to me and asked if i had chage for a fiver, i had and gave him the change as i went to take the fiver he grinned and snatched it back i went to get it from him to see his four mates get up and come towards me. At the time i was holding the hand of my 2 y/old and had the stroller with our baby in it.

I cannot tell you how mad i was and what i would have done if i had not had the kids or been so outnumbered. It made me feel violated and impotent to think i could do nothing about it. And they where prepared to hurt me and my little kids!
They should not be in the UK!

I am 18 stone 6'1" tall had military experience done karate and judo as a kid so quite able to look after myself all things being equal!
Old 25 April 2006, 08:38 AM
RX--Russ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
**** me you where lucky!

I understand you can carry a firearm in SA, does this make you any safer or would you rather see the Police sort this sort of thing out assuming they could

We cant get guns anymore, can't get a license, People who want to defend themselves legally are left defenseless while the b4stards who do all the robbing, murdering and raping are left alone. I got my Scoobs windows Protective glazed to protect from 'smash and grab' occurences at stop lights and such but there isn't really any fool-proof thing you can do to preotect yourself.

I just dont stop long enough to give it a chance to happen.

And in this country if you waiting for the police you might as well open a corner Deli, it will be quicker. When my house was broken into the police show'd up three days after I'd already tidied up and closed up the window that was broken, so it made no use taking finger prints (whom also didnt come), and it made it very diffcult for me to explain all that was taken and damaged, not that it would mak a difference anyway.

Needless to say if it happens again, I go hunting. No use thinking your tax money which is always going up is actually going to provide any kind of service. Worst of all is I live in one of the better if not best areas in the country.

Avoid this place like cancer. I'm just sticking around long enough to get my family sorted.
Old 25 April 2006, 08:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RX--Russ
We cant get guns anymore, can't get a license, People who want to defend themselves legally are left defenseless while the b4stards who do all the robbing, murdering and raping are left alone. I got my Scoobs windows Protective glazed to protect from 'smash and grab' occurences at stop lights and such but there isn't really any fool-proof thing you can do to preotect yourself.

I just dont stop long enough to give it a chance to happen.

And in this country if you waiting for the police you might as well open a corner Deli, it will be quicker. When my house was broken into the police show'd up three days after I'd already tidied up and closed up the window that was broken, so it made no use taking finger prints (whom also didnt come), and it made it very diffcult for me to explain all that was taken and damaged, not that it would mak a difference anyway.

Needless to say if it happens again, I go hunting. No use thinking your tax money which is always going up is actually going to provide any kind of service. Worst of all is I live in one of the better if not best areas in the country.

Avoid this place like cancer. I'm just sticking around long enough to get my family sorted.
Sorry to hear this Russ, sad to say that the UK is sounding more like SA every year, Police slow to respond and weapons in the hands of the scum rather then law abiding people. Car jackings are on the increase as well.

I have not been to SA but on balance would rather live in the UK however on Balance i am going to Dubai as are my family.
reasons are - better schools, less crime, no drunks, drink related crime or drugs. Tough Police who you do not **** about. Tax free and what looks like better quality of life for our family. I am not sure it is the answer to all our prayers but it does look like a better option than the UK i am sorry to say.
Old 25 April 2006, 08:53 AM
RX--Russ
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this Russ, sad to say that the UK is sounding more like SA every year, Police slow to respond and weapons in the hands of the scum rather then law abiding people. Car jackings are on the increase as well.

I have not been to SA but on balance would rather live in the UK however on Balance i am going to Dubai as are my family.
reasons are - better schools, less crime, no drunks, drink related crime or drugs. Tough Police who you do not **** about. Tax free and what looks like better quality of life for our family. I am not sure it is the answer to all our prayers but it does look like a better option than the UK i am sorry to say.
Yah, Nowhere seems to be completely crime free these days, I'm looking at moving to Munich with my elder Brother, Life there seems to be quite good, and when I stayed there it was very safe. Otherwise its Australia, but I'll try avoid that one.

Not that fond of that pipe thing they play which I wont be attempting to spell.
Just a pity that the value of life has decreased so much, we almost back to Wild Wild West. .

Best Wishes for the move by the way! , My cousins married into a family from Dubai and they seem very happy there. wonder what scoobs cost there?
Old 25 April 2006, 08:54 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was effectively mugged at our local balloon fest last year. a non-local came up to me and asked if i had chage for a fiver, i had and gave him the change as i went to take the fiver he grinned and snatched it back i went to get it from him to see his four mates get up and come towards me. At the time i was holding the hand of my 2 y/old and had the stroller with our baby in it.

I cannot tell you how mad i was and what i would have done if i had not had the kids or been so outnumbered. It made me feel violated and impotent to think i could do nothing about it. And they where prepared to hurt me and my little kids!
They should not be in the UK!

I am 18 stone 6'1" tall had military experience done karate and judo as a kid so quite able to look after myself all things being equal!
Trouble is, they think they can do what they like and they operate on the principle that you will be too afraid to do anything.

As an aside, 95% of the people in this country are absolutely fine .... remove the 5% by whatever means and you improve the lot for the rest.

You can get a skewed vision of life in the UK and about crime and yobs running riot - you get these kids on a one to one and they are actually ok ... again, 5% of a group of youths are trouble and the others follow.

REMOVE THE 5%!!

Pete
Old 25 April 2006, 08:57 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Trouble is, they think they can do what they like and they operate on the principle that you will be too afraid to do anything.

As an aside, 95% of the people in this country are absolutely fine .... remove the 5% by whatever means and you improve the lot for the rest.

You can get a skewed vision of life in the UK and about crime and yobs running riot - you get these kids on a one to one and they are actually ok ... again, 5% of a group of youths are trouble and the others follow.

REMOVE THE 5%!!

Pete
Quite agree Pete, it is the small minority who are ruining it!
Old 25 April 2006, 09:13 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Re the sort of mugging i had - I did report the incident to two Police at the ballon festival but it would have been difficult to prove and besides at some point i would have had to leave and to get the kids to the car some several streets away past theses scumbags and their other mates. My kids where my main concern!

Also from personal experience we where burgled in August 2004 as well, while we where asleep upstairs. No one hurt.
Police fingerprinted but no arrests.

in Jan 2004 we witnessed a teenager (with his two mates) violently attacked a car and tried to have a go at passers by and other moving vehicles and attempt kick in shop windows at 11.00am one morning - i called the police who where stationed 1/2 mile away from the incident - Welligborough Road for those who know Northampton.
Police responded after 20+ mins, i threatened to go and sort him myself if they did not do anything as i was concerned for passers by.
They eventually turned up threatened him with pepper spray, and took him away. I gave a statement.
The CPS decided not to go ahead, he said sorry and had had bad news, his ex was pregnant and his new girlfriend had dumped him so he got his dole cheque, got drunk and went on the rampage.
What did he get, a telling off!
The cops where as pissed off as i was!!!

December 2004 - Brother in Laws partner attacked in her own home by mates pissed up ex-boyfriend, with Machette. Four kids in the house ranging from a baby to a teenage boy. She nearly lost two fingers and has damage to tendons in her hand. The man tried to split the eldest boys head open whilst the boy attempted to defend his mum. The mother put her hand in the way and he pretty much chopped of two fingers to save the boy from having his head split open. She was also stabbed several times.

Man caught and charged/convicted with assault with a deadly weapon - should have been attempted murderer!

However speeding is being addressed!
Jenny and i have been done for speeding once each since 2004. Yes we where speeding and yes we where busted so seems to show where the focus is these days!

Last edited by The Zohan; 27 April 2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 25 April 2006, 09:22 AM
RX--Russ
Scooby Regular

Authorities these days would rather go after the ppl who actually do pay their taxes, and would rather fine in the areas where they know ppl will pay. Its all gone to the birds.

I was pulled over for going 134 in a 60kmph zone last saterday night, (big open road, not as bad as it sounds), the cop actually ASKED me if I'd rather give him some money instead of taking the 5000 + fine. then he tried to negotiate a better deal for himself, I was blown away. I got off for 400 rand that I had in my wallet. The fact that I was a participant in corruption doesn't make me particularly proud but I was so shocked at how politely and 'business like" he went about it, I just went along with it. Was a spot on the wierd side, I'm still scratching my head.
Old 25 April 2006, 09:40 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Ah another SN fatty

How the hell do you guys get into your cars?? no wonder you need to have mega amounts of power and jap imports just to make your cars keep up with a normal person in a standard car
Old 25 April 2006, 09:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Ah another SN fatty

How the hell do you guys get into your cars?? no wonder you need to have mega amounts of power and jap imports just to make your cars keep up with a normal person in a standard car
LOL
<puts down pie>
Say it to my face beanopole and i will squish you like a bug

Yes i do need to loose some weight, well three stone, just gone and weighed myself and 'only' 17'1oz - so 1oz to loose then

should be around 14 stone so work needed!
Old 25 April 2006, 09:46 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

LOL
<puts down pie>
Say it to my face beanopole and i will squish you like a bug

Yes i do need to loose some weight, well three stone, just gone and weighed myself and 'only' 17'1oz - so 1oz to loose then

should be around 14 stone so work needed!
Paul you have made the first step! well done you have put the pie down, now be strong and resist picking it up and finishing it
Old 25 April 2006, 09:49 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Paul you have made the first step! well done you have put the pie down, now be strong and resist picking it up and finishing it
Too late - BUUUUURRRP!

My point was that i am not a small person or look like one of lifes victims, my kids where my weakness and they knew it and used it against me!
Old 25 April 2006, 09:51 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Alternatively post some over to me as we can't get em here

Steak and Kidney or Beef and Onion please
Old 25 April 2006, 09:53 AM
Karl 227
BANNED

Pie
Old 25 April 2006, 09:53 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

its a pity the 95% dont do something about it....the majority (together) are more powerfull than any police force.

at pauls fair if the majority had supported him it hundreads V a few pikeys, job done.

the problem is it not 95%.....its millions of individuals V 5% of scum. If the 95% acted like a giant neighbourhood watch crime would disapear.
Old 25 April 2006, 12:13 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Muslim's grassing on their own? Yeah right, like that will happen. Oh it's the minority that are bad ones, sure sure, pull the other one.
You never know, theres a first time for everything - they could still expose their own yet..
Old 25 April 2006, 12:16 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
You never know, theres a first time for everything - they could still expose their own yet..
There could also be a first time for you to answer quetions put to you, instead of demanding others answer yours!
Old 25 April 2006, 12:34 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
There could also be a first time for you to answer quetions put to you, instead of demanding others answer yours!
There are members of society who 'request' answers asif, even tho Im sure theres a significant minority who just 'demand'...
Old 25 April 2006, 12:37 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
There are members of society who 'request' answers asif, even tho Im sure theres a significant minority who just 'demand'...
What's your point? Sounds like dodging the questions again.
Old 25 April 2006, 12:40 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
What's your point? Sounds like dodging the questions again.
Can you give me an example of a question I have dodged please asif?

I think you'll find I havent dodged any, and Im guessing youre just in a bad mood and have come on to have a rant at the 'infidels'
Old 25 April 2006, 12:40 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,

At that weight they won't let you on the plane to Dubai!

Quick Reply: killed for an mp3 player