Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

losing weight

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2006, 09:56 PM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losing weight

since packing up my last job which was manual labour and now working as a sales rep driving around all day i have put on 2 stonne.

I would like to lose 1 stonne i have just recently joined a gym which i am planning to go to 2-3 times a week.

Is there any good diets i could try the only problem is i only really like crap food and plain things. No salad or fancy sauces.

is this possible and how long do u think it would take

thanks
Old 20 April 2006, 10:00 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Drink loads of water - especially a large glass 30-45 minutes before you eat as it helps to supress your hunger.
Old 20 April 2006, 10:10 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vallumlj
since packing up my last job which was manual labour and now working as a sales rep driving around all day i have put on 2 stonne.

I would like to lose 1 stonne i have just recently joined a gym which i am planning to go to 2-3 times a week.

Is there any good diets i could try the only problem is i only really like crap food and plain things. No salad or fancy sauces.

is this possible and how long do u think it would take

thanks
You know the answer, so does everyone who asks. It's simple eat fewer calories and increase your daily activity. The gym idea is not always a good one, after time enthusiasm wanes and gym visits stop. try walking daily or an exercise bike at home. There are no fancy diets just hard work from your side. cut down on carbohydrate foods like bread and potatoes ( digest slowly) and eat more fruit and veg (I know it's a cliche!) and you will lose weight.

Maz
Old 20 April 2006, 11:09 PM
gazbrook
Scooby Regular

If you don't fancy the gym take up some sport ,this is a good way of getting fit without feeling it's a chore.

Squash,tennis,swimming etc have good calorie burning effect. I have been going to the gym for years but mainly do weights as cardio bores the hell out of me.

I have recently taken up Thai boxing and that has a good effect on fat burning and my fitness levels seem to have improved in a matter of weeks.
Old 20 April 2006, 11:25 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

I dumped my girl friend a few months ago. I lost 1 stone in three weeks from the backlash. This was weight I didn't actually want to loose but the best diet I can think of. You'll probably save some money too.

Although its the truth please don't take this seriuosly!

Cardio at the gym will contribute to your weight loss but you also need to look at your diet. I'm no expert but I'll let you know my diet.

I'm not a breakfast person but when I do have breakfast I generally have an apple and banana. Lunch is (Laugh at will) I go to a supermarket and have a small salad bowl. Half mixed salad with as little dressing a possible and half greek salad again with as much dressing taken out as possible. After that I have a small pack of Sushi.

If salad isn't your thing (I did notice that) instead of saturated fats (chips, doners, etc) try having food thats is grilled / boiled

Dinner is either rice or pasta with Chicken (Breast fillet) or fish (prawns, salmon or tuna)

Friday is always Chicken Shish Kebab (my treat) with tomatos and onions and a pack of extra stong mints for desert

I've also cut down the amount I drink during the week. I'm not sure this helps but may contribute.

In hindsight I should have the pasta for lunch as I gym at about 6pm a few days a week.

Remember its one thing to lose the weight but a its takes a concerted effort to keep it off.

I'm no expert in this area but this workes for me.

Esh