Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Report chav for dangerous driving/loud exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2006, 04:06 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Report chav for dangerous driving/loud exhaust?

There's a chav that lives on our housing estate that insists on driving very fast round what is a small estate, with blind bends, that really warrants going slowly round.
There are a number of families with kids on the estate, and he doesnt seem to even consider anyone else at all given the way he thrashes it round, plus he has the worlds loudest exhaust on his crappy car, which when he blats about at night could wake the dead.

Not sure what approach to take. He's scum, so approaching him and asking him if he'd mind changing his exhaust, and driving reasonably, would probably not give the required result, also, Im quite hot tempered, and I know if he got mouthy about it, id hit him. On top of which, I dont feel its my place to police the streets.

Would the police care if one person called them up and complained? Im not sure if he is friendly with anyone on the estate, so dont necessarily want to approach other people and suggest they call the police too, so I guess there's two choices, I either confront him, or contact the police.

Has anyone contacted the police for this sort of thing before?
Old 06 April 2006, 04:13 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Driving like a nutter around a housing estate with kids around is plain stupid. I would report him, chances are he is going to hurt someone else.
Old 06 April 2006, 04:16 PM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

Call 0800-Nitromors
Old 06 April 2006, 04:21 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

report him.... maybe your kid he hits, if you have any.If he hits a kid or pedestrian you would feel guilty as **** for not reporting this low life piece ov ****

mick
Old 06 April 2006, 04:32 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moonloops
Call 0800-Nitromors
I like your style
Old 06 April 2006, 04:48 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Hope you have more luck than I when complaining about speeding around estates.

Police didn't want to know when I made a complaint.
Old 06 April 2006, 04:51 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Torch his car - job done.
Old 06 April 2006, 04:59 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Old 06 April 2006, 05:01 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

throw nails under his tires
Old 06 April 2006, 07:02 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Kill him- job done good and proper.
Old 06 April 2006, 07:04 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

nick his base ball cap!
Old 07 April 2006, 01:03 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't hesitate to report him if you think it warrants it. You're right about confronting him, it will end messily as he's bound to be a cocky so-and-so and want to look "hard"....

The tricky thing is the police probably (unfortunately) have better things to do, and may tell you as much, and you are asking for them to catch him in the act of dangerous driving or unsociable behaviour. However, if you are given the cold shoulder, I'd just keep complaining until they pop out at a suggested time by you and have a word.

You never know, there may already be a string of complaints about this guy.
Old 07 April 2006, 07:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
The tricky thing is the police probably (unfortunately) have better things to do, and may tell you as much, and you are asking for them to catch him in the act of dangerous driving or unsociable behaviour. However, if you are given the cold shoulder, I'd just keep complaining until they pop out at a suggested time by you and have a word.

The thing is that this is the thin end of the wedge, if he is seen by his peers to get away with being a **** then whats to stop them? very little really if they are inclined to.

Police should be targetting the small stuff like vandalism, dangerous driving, petty thieft, general bad behaviour and the government/cps should set about stamping it out.
Old 07 April 2006, 07:47 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Nick his motor, that'll sort it out!
Old 07 April 2006, 08:05 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Report him. Tell the police you think he is going to kill someone with his dangerous driving. Follow up with a letter to the Chief Cnutstable if they say they can't do anything.
Old 07 April 2006, 09:37 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

LOL at someone on Scoobynet considering reporting someone for a "loud exhaust".
Old 07 April 2006, 09:42 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

heres a thought...

do you get on well with any neighbours.

get them to add some weight to this claim by signing a short letter to the local plod.

explain in the letter that you would never forgive yourself if some kid got run over, and you hadn't reported this person.

i'm sure they would look into it.

its all about wording:
if it seems you are just victimising a single person on your own, they wont bother. If you take a more community-care approach, i'm sure it will help!!

just my take on it.

Dazza
Old 07 April 2006, 11:06 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by carl
LOL at someone on Scoobynet considering reporting someone for a "loud exhaust".

LOL, considering the number of Imprezas I see with unacceptably loud exhausts, it really is quite funny to see a thread like this on here

Anyway, my suggestion is to find the car. And see if its taxed and in a roadworthy condition. If not: http://www.nataz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/tax.jpg And report the vehicle to the police too.

If the car is legit, I suggest a can of expanding foam squirted up the exhaust to "silence" it.
Old 08 April 2006, 05:54 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
The thing is that this is the thin end of the wedge, if he is seen by his peers to get away with being a **** then whats to stop them? very little really if they are inclined to.

Police should be targetting the small stuff like vandalism, dangerous driving, petty thieft, general bad behaviour and the government/cps should set about stamping it out.
Yep, totally agree, but a speedcamera can't catch any of that!

It's a shame the beat bobbies are spread so thin.....
Old 08 April 2006, 07:11 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
LOL, considering the number of Imprezas I see with unacceptably loud exhausts, it really is quite funny to see a thread like this on here

Anyway, my suggestion is to find the car. And see if its taxed and in a roadworthy condition. If not: http://www.nataz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/tax.jpg And report the vehicle to the police too.

If the car is legit, I suggest a can of expanding foam squirted up the exhaust to "silence" it.

That is superb, imagine how long it would take to clean out
Old 08 April 2006, 07:30 AM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

get an old shopping trolly,
wait for him, as he comes around the blind bend, wheel the trolly out,
HE skids & gets a small panic (you tell him that could have been a child or pram) He gets angry & wants to fight.
He Skids & swerves & Crashes & gets out & wants a fight & you say hold lets the police involded & you was DANGEROUS DRIVING to start with (all residents back you up), be he still wants to fight,
Problem solved.
Old 08 April 2006, 07:35 AM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
I wouldn't hesitate to report him if you think it warrants it. You're right about confronting him, it will end messily as he's bound to be a cocky so-and-so and want to look "hard"....

ANOTHER OPTION
to get the Police intrested, give the number plate & details of the driver & say he comes around the esate & !!.!! oclock & sells DRUGS (dont have to give your name etc..)
they will pop around to have a look then
Old 08 April 2006, 09:54 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hitting this young lad will not be the answer, he will just grudge you until the time is right for him.......................

when i was about 17, my mate used to pay me a visit quite a bit in his nova, he drove like a loon everywhere, non stop!!

anyway, he came down to mine to arrange something for later on, he left mine in his usual hurry and i left about 5 mins later, he had flew around a corner and nearly hit a bloke, but i never knew this (just round the corner from my parents house) this bloke was a moany old ****er to start with and this pushed him over the edge.

i rolled around the corner at very low speed (always kept the speed down on the estate, no point in pissing off the neighbours) and this old bloke jumps out in front of my car and starts giving me ****e

it ended up with him telling me to go around the corner to get sorted out, so i did and he ran into his sons house (****en massive roid freak who works the doors, ahh so that is his son then )

the roid head stood over me while the old bloke kept throwing the punches , the G/F ran around to my parents house while i told this old bloke i was not going to do anything with the meat freak there, but he would not stop, so i just kept throwing him on the floor
never actually hit him, just kept pushing him down, my dad came running around (he is no fighter!) to try and calm the situation down and the roid freak pushed him off the road

the roid freak was told that I nearly hit his dad in the car (i went to school with a mate of his and this all came out later)

roid man is now all saggy and past it, old bloke is ready to die, and he wishes he never started it all in the first place (waited a long time then sorted it)

granted is not exactly the same case as yours, but i just felt like typing it out (bored at work and it has just started to rain )
Old 08 April 2006, 09:58 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Oh the irony!!! Someone on scoobynet complaining about a chav with a loud exhaust driving dangerously!!!
Old 08 April 2006, 10:08 AM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

Why not let all the neighbours know about this. Get an empty McDonalds bag and put a house brick in it. Lay this in the road (letting all your neighbours know about it) This scumbag with his awesome driving skills is sure to want to run it over. Which he will.
May make him think twice when you then come out and tell him he should have been driving a little more slowly.
Old 08 April 2006, 11:18 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

no point having it out with him you will find your car scratched one night

Ring crimestoppers tell them he is the local Drugs Baron /child fiddler

and sprinkle some flour around his car doors :d
Old 08 April 2006, 11:23 AM
ghplumb
Scooby Regular

Years ago we had a couple of Taxi s that used our back street as a shortcut to miss out the Main Street . we complained repeatedly and nothing was done in the end we made a Bonfire type guy and pushed it out in front of him as he was doing 30 + he hit it and dragged it under the Car.
His face was a picture never seen anyone go so pale.Neighbours helped him from the Car
Old 08 April 2006, 11:28 AM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Maybe before you try all these stupid ideas actually grow a spine go and approach the yoof and tell him the error of his ways .
Old 08 April 2006, 11:30 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

put two cigarette lighters down his exhaust...it won't last very long
Old 08 April 2006, 11:31 AM
ghplumb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pete1977
Maybe before you try all these stupid ideas actually grow a spine go and approach the yoof and tell him the error of his ways .
In my experience 9 times out of 10 you will be told to **** OFF.A waste of time because it is nt his Street so does not affect his Family

Quick Reply: Report chav for dangerous driving/loud exhaust?