Porky pies on claim form

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2006, 08:04 PM
406dude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porky pies on claim form

Hi All,

not great first post, but hello all anyway!

I was involved in an accident in Feb - I was turning right off a main road when somebody turning right from the junction I was entering drove straight into my side

My insurers said it was cut and dried, her liability - however I find out that the lieing, cheating fu**ing bit*h has claimed I cut the corner and hit her while she was stationary. The stupid cow admitted that she lost concentration and it was clear what had happened.

I've a good mind to ring her and give her a piece of my mind.

Any one else been in this situation - how was it resolved?

Bloody farmers wife silly bit*h.
Old 05 April 2006, 08:12 PM
Barry Scott
Scooby Regular

Hard to say without seeing more. This is becoming extremely common, people admit liability at the scene and then lie on the forms. Phone cameras can be a great help for taking photos at the scene, but too late for that now I am afraid.

I work in insurance and unfortunately see this everyday. The best thing is to get as much information together and submit it to your insurer/broker. Any witness details (if available), pictures of the area, diagrams etc. Also the damage may show who is at fault.
Old 05 April 2006, 08:50 PM
406dude
Scooby Regular

it gets worse, I remember her neighbour was following, so no doubt she will claim to have a witness (not sure how 'independent' he will be though)?

I WILL get a result on this even if I have to pursue her through the courts
Old 05 April 2006, 09:06 PM
Gary@KeithMichaels
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Barry Scott
Hard to say without seeing more. This is becoming extremely common, people admit liability at the scene and then lie on the forms. Phone cameras can be a great help for taking photos at the scene, but too late for that now I am afraid.

I work in insurance and unfortunately see this everyday. The best thing is to get as much information together and submit it to your insurer/broker. Any witness details (if available), pictures of the area, diagrams etc. Also the damage may show who is at fault.
Agreed

Lots of people admit liability at the scene, but the get home and speak to partner/friend/family etc who then advise to to admit it was their fault.
Wouldn't be suprised it she suddenly gets flashbacks of the accident and a stiff neck, therefore needing a nice big personal injury claim aswell

Very difficult position to be in. Therefore getting the details of an independant witness can sometimes be vital.

Hope it all gets sorted.
Old 05 April 2006, 09:13 PM
406dude
Scooby Regular

it really isn't the damage I'm worried about, it is only cosmetic, it is the principle, I refuse to be taken for a mug by someone who is clearly lieing.

I get the feeling that my insurance company will end up backing down for a quiet life!
Old 05 April 2006, 09:51 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Don't phone her. Similar thing happened to me and the fact that I phoned the guy and simply asked him to tell the truth was twisted in court as me making a threat.

Get all the evidence, location of the damage, drawings of the incident etc that you can and make a good case.
Old 06 April 2006, 08:59 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

One thing worth doing - next time you're in Tesco or wherever doing your shopping, buy one of those cheap disposable cameras - only cost a couple of quid - chuck it in the glove box or the boot and leave it there.

For those that dont carry a mobile, or dont have a camera on it, is very handy in case you have an accident so you can take pics at the scene to show the position of your car and theirs etc....

I dont think they could call on their neighbour as a witness as they wouldnt be independent though.