Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

House bidding ??

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2006, 06:33 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default House bidding ??

Our house has just gone on the market a couple of days ago..So we started looking at houses,thinking we was gonna be in a long slog to find what we wanted as our "tick" list for the new house was quite extensive and specific.

Looked at 3 houses and the 3rd one we looked at is absolutely perfect.

Having never been in this position before,can we make an offer on the new house while we havent got a firm bid on our house?Or is this not the case?Average sell times for our road have been between 4 and 6 weeks lately,so i have no reason to think ours may take longer,but i realise nothings guarenteed...

Any info appreciated...

Ta
Old 05 April 2006, 06:35 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Of course you can make a bid - just explain that your bid is subject to you selling your property...
Old 05 April 2006, 06:39 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Ahhh...i see,just didnt wanna ring up the agents and sound a buffoon..I would much prefer to do that on here!!!
Old 05 April 2006, 06:42 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Don't expect them to take it off the market, until yours has sold.
Old 05 April 2006, 06:43 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Unless the agent is a berk, he won't recommend your offer until you've accepted an offer on yours.

D
Old 05 April 2006, 06:46 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Yea,thats what i was thinking Dunk....But i aint sure how house chains work and all the other paraphanalia that goes along with it.Tried looking it up on the net,millions of pages to go at,but seems to slip into mumbo jumbo really easily(well in my head at least)!!!!!!
Old 05 April 2006, 06:48 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Look at it another way, if someone offered on yours & wasn't in a position to proceed, you'd smile sweetly & tell them to come back when they can do something about it.

D
Old 05 April 2006, 06:56 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

I know what ya mean,still..i would not completely dismiss them,as long as they were genuine people.Although if somebody came up with the cash,i obviously would sell to them...
So...all that said...Do i just ring the agent and tell them that im very interested but need to sell the house were in(they already know this i guess)..
Feel like i should get in touch so it dont seem like im a timewaster with nothing else better to do..
Old 05 April 2006, 07:02 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ring the agent, and make your offer, but make sure he knows you've not sold yet, at least then the vendor has the option of either accepting with say a 1 week window for you to sell yours, or they may say that they won't do anything til you've had an offer on yours... and accepted.... either way, make the offer so they know you're for real!!
Old 05 April 2006, 07:58 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Deffo call the agent, sound out previous offers, how long on the market, their position etc. (look at the properties of any pics on the web to see the date ) & explain you're keen & ask their "advice" on pitching in an offer.
Make sure you get them to inform if anything changes & keep in contact with them.
BOL

D
Old 05 April 2006, 08:19 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

I know the house has been on the market since christmas time,the owner is a local builder who buys houses in the area and goes right through them (new windows,central heating,wood floors etc etc...)
The house itself is 170 yr old cottage on the edge of the pennines,that overlooks pastureland,forest and reservoirs,So not everyones cup of tea,but ours definately..

Will give them a bell in the morning and see how things go i reckon..
Old 05 April 2006, 11:05 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

As it's a builder, I'm guessing he'll be looking to sell as quickly as he can. Therefore, I'd assume - if your offer is a reasonable figure - that they might say "OK, as long as no-one who is procedable comes along in the meantime". If in the meantime a cash buyer (like I'm going to be after next week ) comes along and offers them something even a little under the same amount, it only makes sense for them to sell to them instead. However, by having your offer on the table, it might discourage them accepting an offer from a cash buyer of much less - you certainly have nothing much to lose.

Good luck.