Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any counsellors on here?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2006, 04:11 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any counsellors on here?

My marriage has taken a turn for the worst and the wife is moving out as she "doesn't love me anymore"!

I'm looking for good book recommendations so I can do some self help reading.

There seems to be a lot of $30 web reports for sale on the Internet but I don't have any trust in those tbh.

So, anyone in the counselling profession or know anyone who can offer up some helpful book choices?

BTW I am going for a face to face session but its not for over a week and I want to start trying to save my marriage!

Cheers

Molds
Old 03 April 2006, 04:24 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Molds
My marriage has taken a turn for the worst and the wife is moving out as she "doesn't love me anymore"!

I'm looking for good book recommendations so I can do some self help reading.

There seems to be a lot of $30 web reports for sale on the Internet but I don't have any trust in those tbh.

So, anyone in the counselling profession or know anyone who can offer up some helpful book choices?

BTW I am going for a face to face session but its not for over a week and I want to start trying to save my marriage!

Cheers

Molds
If you want to save your marriage then i suggest you and your wife sit down and talk things through, i very much doubt anyone on this website can help you - its down to you and your wife.
Old 03 April 2006, 04:33 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

I would mate if she hadn't moved out last week.

I have a counselling session booked as per original post but I am trying to get a head start by reading some relevant material.

I knew people in my last job that were training as counsellors part time and would have been able to offer some ideas but I am no longer in contact with them.

No harm in asking is there whilst I'm taking a break at work?
Old 04 April 2006, 04:43 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Any book or internet report will vary by the authors opinion and experience, so one may be very relevant and helpful, another may be the complete opposite.

Time is a great healer so maybe it will be best to let her, and no doubt you, cool off for a few days, or a week or whatever, and wait for your session to come around.

The best thing you can do is try and work out on your own, at the moment, why she has left you, and if there is anything you can do to change those reasons.
Old 04 April 2006, 06:59 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry to hear of your problems, I hope you can sort something out.
Women are strange folk!

Good luck.
Old 04 April 2006, 12:42 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Well if you want an appointment with a Relate counsellor you'll probably have to wait 6 months. I was going through a similar thing and we decided if the relationship was still b0rked after 6 months we may just as well split up.
Old 04 April 2006, 01:19 PM
Mass.
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this mate.

There must be a reason for her to say that though, so, as already stated, try and get her to meet with you and try to find out what the real reasons are for her leaving and work on it from there.

Good luck mate
Old 04 April 2006, 01:26 PM
Shonen
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe you should give your wife some time and then try to sit down and talk things through with her. Sometimes people need to leave a situation before they can think rationally about it.

If you really feel a councillor would help then see your doctor as they can refer you to one.

To be honest you sound as if you are coping well and I am not sure if a Councillor would be best for you. I think you should lean on your friends and family and get your strength from them.

Good luck
Old 04 April 2006, 03:29 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the support everyone.

Its all very confusing trying to decide what to do for the best - for me and her. There are so many differing opinions! Still, lots of different ideas also provide a pool of things to consider that I may not have thought of.

I'm trying to keep positive rather than go into a depressed slump. I want to seem attractive to her rather than a broken mess Geez, its not easy though..

Cheers everyone!