Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Winter vomiting virus..........OMG!

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2006, 10:35 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy Winter vomiting virus..........OMG!

My youngest came home with this from 6th form college last week, and the little swine has passed it to me.

Went up to bed about 11 last night, hadn't been in bed more than 10 minutes, and I knew I wasn't right. My guts were boiling, gurgling, and over a period of about 30 minutes my temperature must have gone through the roof, as I was literally shuddering with cold, I even disturbed my missus, who wasn't best pleased

Then it was time to RUN for the loo, and heave until I thought I'd die

Ten minutes later, it's back to the great white telephone, and shouting for Hughy, Ruth and Oscar for all I'm worth.

Suddenly realised I had the sh*ts as well, and had to alternate, flush it, heave, crap, flush it, heave, for about 20 minutes. The heaving was so intense that I fired crap all down my leg, and had to wash off in the shower, as well as put my dressing gown in the wash this morning EEEYUW!

Try standing in a shower at midnight, shuddering with cold, with your teeth clamped shut to stop them chattering...not to be recommended.

Anyway, I've just got up, and I feel as weak as a kitten. Strange, all my joints hurt too, even the ones in my fingers and toes

Back to bed, methinks.

Alcazar
Old 28 March 2006, 10:41 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 28 March 2006, 10:42 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I had that not too long ago, I genuinely thought I was going to die
Old 28 March 2006, 10:47 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Had it Sunday. Felt like I'd been hit by a truck all day, felt sick but wasn't actually sick. Spent day in bed without the energy to even walk down stairs.

By 7pm miraculous recovery, got up had some dinner, in work Monday bright as a button.
Old 28 March 2006, 10:53 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

I had this over new year...I had the best Ab workout for ages with the amount of heaving I did. Not nice. It came with this flu thing which I still haven't really shifted (still have a runny nose)....the vomitting lasted for 2 days, the bad illness for 3 weeks, and now it's just a case of blowing my nose a lot.
Old 28 March 2006, 11:00 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Had it Sunday. Felt like I'd been hit by a truck all day, felt sick but wasn't actually sick. Spent day in bed without the energy to even walk down stairs.

By 7pm miraculous recovery, got up had some dinner, in work Monday bright as a button.
Been out saturday night?
Old 28 March 2006, 11:07 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Maybe you caught a dose from the local pub slapper?

Old 28 March 2006, 11:14 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Tell you what alcazar that sounds pretty nasty to me!
Old 28 March 2006, 11:18 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
Been out saturday night?
Nope - do you think that may have been the problem
Old 28 March 2006, 11:39 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Nope - do you think that may have been the problem
Yours just sounded dlike a slightly different problem
Old 28 March 2006, 11:54 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
Yours just sounded dlike a slightly different problem
Suffer from that enough to tell the difference

Besides, had that all day Saturday
Old 28 March 2006, 12:58 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

http://rotavirus.com/

...not nice!
Old 28 March 2006, 01:30 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I had it the Christmas before last whilst staying at my parents house, it came on really suddenly during the family Boxing Day dinner and I was exactly as you describe. It was awful, I didn't know which end it was coming out of next and I was soooooo cold and shivery, I felt absolutely terrible. My other half had to go back to work straight after Christmas so had to abandon me at my parents and drive the 200 miles home alone. He came back for me on New Years Eve by which time I was well on my way to getting back to normal although still feeling weak and a bit rough. So all in all we (well, he) ended up doing the 200 mile journey from North Yorks to Herts and back four times that week
Old 28 March 2006, 01:33 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

This is one nasty bug. I was puking so violently I hurt my back and had to go to the chiropractors!
Old 28 March 2006, 05:38 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

The heaving was so intense that I fired crap all down my leg
sorry to laugh mate but that line is bloody funny

have been there and agree it's about the 2 worst things that can hit you at once. the toilet will only flush so quickly and chundering on top of bum gravy doesn't exactly make you feel much better

on a plus side you've probably lost about half a stone (cool if you want to that is!)
Old 28 March 2006, 05:50 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by alcazar
My youngest came home with this from 6th form college last week, and the little swine has passed it to me.

Went up to bed about 11 last night, hadn't been in bed more than 10 minutes, and I knew I wasn't right. My guts were boiling, gurgling, and over a period of about 30 minutes my temperature must have gone through the roof, as I was literally shuddering with cold, I even disturbed my missus, who wasn't best pleased

Then it was time to RUN for the loo, and heave until I thought I'd die

Ten minutes later, it's back to the great white telephone, and shouting for Hughy, Ruth and Oscar for all I'm worth.

Suddenly realised I had the sh*ts as well, and had to alternate, flush it, heave, crap, flush it, heave, for about 20 minutes. The heaving was so intense that I fired crap all down my leg, and had to wash off in the shower, as well as put my dressing gown in the wash this morning EEEYUW!

Try standing in a shower at midnight, shuddering with cold, with your teeth clamped shut to stop them chattering...not to be recommended.

Anyway, I've just got up, and I feel as weak as a kitten. Strange, all my joints hurt too, even the ones in my fingers and toes

Back to bed, methinks.

Alcazar
LOL!

Reminds me of the South Park episode when he is crapping, jumping off the seat, throwing up, back on to crap.....and on and on
Old 28 March 2006, 08:46 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

We had an outbreak a month or so ago. Lots of relatives over for a christening, and the christenee caught it from his nursery and passed it on to his parents (my brother and sister in law), both my parents, both my kids and my younger brother. I was the only one who escaped because I suddenly became all Howard Hughes-like

The christening was rescheduled to this weekend - we're hoping there won't be a repeat.
Old 28 March 2006, 08:51 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
LOL!

Reminds me of the South Park episode when he is crapping, jumping off the seat, throwing up, back on to crap.....and on and on
Was this Kenny's "explosive diarrhea" episode?
Old 29 March 2006, 09:40 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the sympathetic replies, guys

I'm up again today, slept most of yeterday, either sweating like a pig (do pigs sweat?), or freezing cold and shivering. Now my back hurts from all the heaving. NOT helped by having 5 bags of cement for a paving project delivered yesterday, and having to move them to the greenhouse to keep them dry.

Oh well, feeling a bit better, can't be all bad

Alcazar
Old 29 March 2006, 09:56 AM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Caught gastro-enteritis or similar once - I really thought I was going to die. The runs were so bad that I had to make myself up a nappy, as there was no way I could get to the bog in time

Fortunately the sink was beside the crapper so that I could chunder and **** at the same time

I lived on Milk of Magnesia for days.
Old 29 March 2006, 10:16 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

bum gravy
FROTFLMAO&FPMSL

Classic and a worthy addition to the Profanisarus.

BTW, please think of me over the next 2 days. I have to go for a barium enema on Friday following a dodgy guts episode. The pre-cursor to this hideous event is a day (tomorrow) of fasting and 2 doses of Picolax. The bowl rush that this stuff causes is legendary in its strength. A 'friend' described the effect as a intestinal vacuum so powerful that it caused his ears to pop.

Oh joy...

Cheers
Kav
Old 29 March 2006, 10:17 AM
jonnyh
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know if you develop immunity to this? Like chickenpox for example (get it once and never again).
Old 29 March 2006, 01:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
FROTFLMAO&FPMSL

Classic and a worthy addition to the Profanisarus.

BTW, please think of me over the next 2 days. I have to go for a barium enema on Friday following a dodgy guts episode. The pre-cursor to this hideous event is a day (tomorrow) of fasting and 2 doses of Picolax. The bowl rush that this stuff causes is legendary in its strength. A 'friend' described the effect as a intestinal vacuum so powerful that it caused his ears to pop.

Oh joy...

Cheers
Kav
You think a Barium enema is bad, try a Sigmoidoscopy! At least after the Barium enema you'll be able to produce white poo, like dogs used to do..........(cue: "why don't you see white dog-poo anymore?" thread )

I had to have a bowel wash-out, a bit like an enema with soapy water, before undergoing the dreaded Sigmoidoscopy, in my early twenties.

Two nurses came in, gave me the enema, then one said, "In a few minutes, you'll feel like you need to go to the toilet. Don't try not to, just go, staight away."

So I lay there in bed for about ten minutes, then a thought entered my head: "I think I need a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

At which point, I did TRY not to, and leapt towrds the loos with sh*t spraying every which way, and every other fekker on the ward having hysterics.

The nurses laughed at first, but not those who had to clean up the floor, walls, ceilings, etc

Alcazar
Old 29 March 2006, 01:49 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

I had this Virus at the beginning of March lucky ole me gets it on his brithday, kids had it first then lucky Dad gets it felt like **** for a good few days after one birthday I won't forget !!!!!

Si
Old 29 March 2006, 01:53 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jonnyh
Does anyone know if you develop immunity to this? Like chickenpox for example (get it once and never again).
Nope, no immunity to it - it's like colds/ flu - it keeps evolving so you're always open to this year's version ( lol MY06 ...) . I know from the personal experience of currently having two kids under the age of 3 who are magnets for it... You do get more resistant to it as you get bigger/ older but you can still get it e.g. so they fountain from both ends for a couple of days - you get the trots/ feel nauseous for a couple of days. Rotavirus is transferred by contact so wash your hands a lot in the winter and try not to touch your face/mouth as well
Old 29 March 2006, 02:36 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Didn't realise this was still doing the rounds.

Couple of months ago, had to take my 3yr old daughter to G Docs, she'd been sick for a couple of days, and was not keeping anything down. I took her since my wife fell ill that night too. While in the docs room, I felt ropey, so had to excuse myself. Snag was doctor wouldn't allow me to leave her with him, so she's standing in the corner of the bog, facing the wall, prob $hit scared from the noise I was making.

Then took her down to sick kids (they knew I had fallen ill in case you're wondering), where I was then firing from both ends. By this time I was shivering, and could hardly stand.

After a couple of hours, had to get my sister to come in, and I was taken home, with several pit stops on way home. Just to add to the journey, I often get a funny reaction when I'm sick - I hyperventilate then my hands curl up and I end up speaking like Ozzie Ozborne - expecially nice for the family.

Defo a weekend to remember.
Old 29 March 2006, 02:46 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
The pre-cursor to this hideous event is a day (tomorrow) of fasting and 2 doses of Picolax.
Cheers
Kav
TWO doses

One is enough to put you into orbit

Great thread BTW. Nearly **** meself laffin
Old 29 March 2006, 05:07 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Alcazar - thanks mate. I ought to count myself lucky I'm not having a Sigmoid whats-it. I've got to say that it's thoroughly bad form to dispense an enema on a public ward like that. They should have put you in an empty Jacuzzi

Hoppy - 2 packs is what the instructions say so that's the way it's got to be. If you see an atomic-type cloud over Wiltshire tomorrow, you'll know what's happening. I've just installed grab handles either side of the crapper for the event.

Cheers
Kav