Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

VB - APACS - Anyone with experience?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2001, 12:56 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All

I have a small VB project with short timescales to develop a solid APACS credit card gateway for a client.

If you have direct experience, a really solid grasp of the APACS standards and some spare time over the next few weeks, let me know on simon@esoftsolutions.co.uk

Cheers

Simon
Old 20 October 2001, 08:40 PM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

I've got the VB, but not the APACs.

If no one volunteers, let me know - as long as there's a tech spec for the APACs stuff, I'll work it out.

Mike
Old 21 October 2001, 01:36 AM
ChrisB

Si,

Some time ago we looked into this for a customer. We ended up going for the Commidea (no, not the disease!) solution which is something of a fudge but already has bank approval.

I might have a couple of useful contacts on my list at work if that's any use?

ChrisB.
Old 21 October 2001, 10:52 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Chris

Thanks for the info.. This is a complete fresh build though.. which is going very well, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to get someone involved who has direct experience with X.25 or at least APACS.

Is Commidea a full gateway solution then? Or is it just a Comm component or something?

Cheers

Simon
Old 21 October 2001, 11:35 AM
ChrisB

When we implemented the Commidea stuff, it worked by your application dropping a text file with the relevant info in into a shared folder on the 'master' PC. The Commidea software polls this directory once a second and process any files that appear.

Not brill but it works. There is a newer version I think that uses network sockets to remove the file dropping bit.

I know the people who write the EPOS software our customer uses have done quite a bit of work with CC processing. I speak to the Tech Directory there, so possibly a good place to start.

The other option, if I can find the link, was somebody at one of the Scottish Universities who'd written something to APACS 40 or 50. Can't remember if was an ActiveX / COM object or something else though - I shall check on Monday.

ChrisB.