Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Not happy with using paypal anymore

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 03:31 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Not happy with using paypal anymore

Had some nightmares with paypal of late.

Had one winning bidder acuse me of not sending the item. Paypal froze my account and made it almost impossible to use my account until resolved.

I won an auction for PIAA lights and rather than transferring the money, paypal have paid the seller by eCheque? Never heard of these things before but its going to take a week to clear! I can't cancel this eCheque so have got to wait. Its all very odd because I won something else at the same time and its gone through as a normal payment but I didn't do anything different.

Today, a winning bidder of one of my auctions has had his money returned to him because the money never got to my account. The ebay/paypal link gave him an email address that has never been registered with ebay and hasn't been regsitered with paypal since last year. The email address doesn't even exist anymore and theres no record of it in my paypal profile.

I rang paypal to ask how this happened because that money could have gone anywhere. They didn't really seem to care and just said it was a technical fault.

Considering the email addresses are what paypal use to send money, getting the wrong email address seems a little more than a technical fault.

It might affect my ebay auctions in future but I think I'll give paypal a miss in future. Used to think it was great but not comfortable using it anymore.