Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

School kid told to take off stab vest...

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2006, 09:28 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default School kid told to take off stab vest...

Thought someone would have posted this up by now...

Was on the news, a 16 yr old schoolkid was wearing a stab vest under his uniform in school.
He got told to remove it !!!!

was informed he could wear it to school, but not inside school.

WTF I mean, in one instance a bloody ar@b is allowed to take a knife to school, but in the next a kid cant protect himself.

Duhhhhhh

Ok, the kid may have been melodramatic, but one rule for one, and one rule for another.
Who rules this f*cked up country.
Old 10 March 2006, 09:30 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Foot_Tapper

The PC brigade
Old 10 March 2006, 09:41 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Foot_Tapper
Thought someone would have posted this up by now...

Was on the news, a 16 yr old schoolkid was wearing a stab vest under his uniform in school.
He got told to remove it !!!!

was informed he could wear it to school, but not inside school.

WTF I mean, in one instance a bloody ar@b is allowed to take a knife to school, but in the next a kid cant protect himself.

Duhhhhhh

Ok, the kid may have been melodramatic, but one rule for one, and one rule for another.
It was a Sikh not an Arab.

TBH I'd be more worried about why the kid feels the need to wear a stab vest in a school, if things are that bad in the school then the school needs sorting out pronto.
Old 10 March 2006, 10:02 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by OllyK
It was a Sikh not an Arab.

TBH I'd be more worried about why the kid feels the need to wear a stab vest in a school, if things are that bad in the school then the school needs sorting out pronto.
That would require somebody at the school taking responsibilty for the fcuked-up-ness - that would add stress and so is not allowed !
Old 10 March 2006, 10:17 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

nice post....apart from the fact there was no arab with a knife and the sikh with a knife was in a different country.

who rules this country? no idea......who ruins it? knee jerk fools that look for any chance to slag it off even if it means just making crap up.
Old 10 March 2006, 10:21 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
That would require somebody at the school taking responsibilty for the fcuked-up-ness - that would add stress and so is not allowed !
Ineffective though they may be, there are regulators and inspectors out there that are supposed to be ensuring that standards improve in schools. IMO that needs to be the environment as well as just fudging academic results.
Old 10 March 2006, 10:22 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tiggs
nice post....apart from the fact there was no arab with a knife and the sikh with a knife was in a different country.

who rules this country? no idea......who ruins it? knee jerk fools that look for any chance to slag it off even if it means just making crap up.

You tell em Tiggy

Trending Topics

Old 10 March 2006, 10:25 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

ooops
Old 10 March 2006, 10:26 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by OllyK
Ineffective though they may be, there are regulators and inspectors out there that are supposed to be ensuring that standards improve in schools. IMO that needs to be the environment as well as just fudging academic results.
Show me one Head Teacher that has been sacked for being a clueless fcukwit and I'll back the whole Inspectors / regulators thing.

If we want to see improvemnets in Schools we gonna have to get tough with the people that are ******* them up. Be that Teachers or Pupils. If some ****e doesn't want to learn - expel the ****** - don't insist that they attend and slow everybody else down.
Old 10 March 2006, 10:31 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Show me one Head Teacher that has been sacked for being a clueless fcukwit and I'll back the whole Inspectors / regulators thing.

If we want to see improvemnets in Schools we gonna have to get tough with the people that are ******* them up. Be that Teachers or Pupils. If some ****e doesn't want to learn - expel the ****** - don't insist that they attend and slow everybody else down.
The problem with this is then you get half the school rebelling, getting expelled then we need to worry about what we're going to do with these people, remember rebelling at say, 15yrs old means that in a year or two they'll end up running this country down the drain with drugs, crime and benefits, breeding faster than they are now and we see a small section of the country doing well and the majority running it into the ground. Kids of that age think being expelled is good, no more school legally and end up walking our streets dossing etc....

Theres a bigger picture that needs looking at IMO, bringing back the kane is probably the first thing, only worry with that is when the teacher threatens the kane they'll probably be threatened with a knife by the kid in todays age. Its got to a bad stage in society thats going to be tough to turn around.
Old 10 March 2006, 11:16 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Misinformation.

Apparently the pupil only needed/wanted to wear the vest on his way to/from the school, not in the school itself. Apparently he felt safe at the school, just not outside of it.
Old 10 March 2006, 11:20 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by davegtt
The problem with this is then you get half the school rebelling, getting expelled then we need to worry about what we're going to do with these people, remember rebelling at say, 15yrs old means that in a year or two they'll end up running this country down the drain with drugs, crime and benefits, breeding faster than they are now and we see a small section of the country doing well and the majority running it into the ground. Kids of that age think being expelled is good, no more school legally and end up walking our streets dossing etc...
Throw them on the scrap heap - and if they can't survive on their own - lethal injections or Neuter them - give them the choice !
Old 10 March 2006, 11:39 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Throw them on the scrap heap - and if they can't survive on their own - lethal injections or Neuter them - give them the choice !
I think Jasey's right!: Tolerance is what's needed!
Old 10 March 2006, 11:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

I can think of three, off hand

They don't get sacked, a bit like senior management in industry, (which they are....SeMa that is), but they go, usually with early pension, or payoff, or found another, (non-headteacher), job, etc etc

I suppose that not sacking them is something to do with admitting you appointed the wrong person to start with................

Alcazar